Windows 10: Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP

Discus and support Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally merged my "Pictures" library with my "DATA D:" drive. I've managed to undo part of the merger, and return the Pictures library to my C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hossahunter22, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP

I accidentally merged my "Pictures" library with my "DATA D:" drive. I've managed to undo part of the merger, and return the Pictures library to my C: drive. However, I now have my regular "DATA D:" drive as well as a "D:\" drive that are both listed as "DATA D:" in their location under the properties>location tab. How do I get rid of this extra "D:\" drive? It's very annoying and even has the icon from "Pictures" as its icon very disturbing- ha-ha. Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP dbb8c657-5367-40df-a805-9fcf856f7c35?upload=true.jpg Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP 16f3292d-db9f-4fea-a996-f6e1c26c14d9?upload=true.jpg

:)

hossahunter22, Jan 8, 2021

2. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive.
    Is there a way to undo this?!?

I want to separate my Downloads folder from D drive but I also want it to be placed under the D drive itself BUT under its
    own folder. Can anyone help me with this please??

Kingsley1124, Jan 8, 2021
  3. how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Jan 8, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP

Freeing up space in C drive (to D?)

As suggested above moving your library folders should free up a lot of space

There is only one way to move your library folders (Documents, Pictures . . . etc.) to your D Drive without causing issue with your operating system

• Create a folder on your D Drive to contain all your libraries, give it a meaningful name
    • Inside that folder, create a folder for each of your librrary folders (Pictures, Documents, Videos . . . etc.
    • Then right click each of your Library folders and choose Properties
    • On the properties dialog, click on the Location Tab, click Move
    • Redirect the library to the new folder your created inside the folder with a meaningful name
    • When asked if you want to merge files\folders, choose Yes

Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP 1d7fcacf-02c9-4667-a3b9-8ac8d299fc41.jpg

Important Note: make sure you move each library into the correct folder - do not get them mixed up!

e.g. (Replace Meaningful Name in ceach case)

Pictures - D:\Meaningful Name\Pictures

Documents - D:\Meaningful Name\Documents

Videos - D:\Meaningful Name\Videos

Music - D:\Meaningful Name\Music

DaveM121, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP

1. Merged Pictures Library with D: drive HELP - Similar Threads - Merged Pictures Library

2. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  3. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  4. Merging the C drive with the D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging the C drive with the D drive: I have been trying to merge my drives and searching up how to do it. I have come to an area where I can't go any further. I have allocated space on my D drive by shrinking it. I have unallocated space on the d drive but when I try to extend my C drive it is grayed out. Is...
  5. Merging the C drive with the D drive

Merging the C drive with the D drive: I have been trying to merge my drives and searching up how to do it. I have come to an area where I can't go any further. I have allocated space on my D drive by shrinking it. I have unallocated space on the d drive but when I try to extend my C drive it is grayed out. Is...
  6. Merging the C drive with the D drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  8. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  9. D drive merged with desktop

10. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE: I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive. Is there a way to undo this?!? I want to separate my...