Windows 10: Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible

Discus and support Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I merged the recovery partition with another partition D: on the same disk. The resulting partition doesn't show up in Explorer and has no letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matthijs1955, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible

Hi. I merged the recovery partition with another partition D: on the same disk. The resulting partition doesn't show up in Explorer and has no letter in Disk management :-. Neiher can I assign a letter to it e.g. using MiniTool partition wizard.

Result: I can´t access the files on the former D: partition. They may even be lost? Hope not because they contain videos of our children when they were young, music I recorded on my DAW and thousands of pictures.

Hope someone can help.

Matthew

The Netherlands

:)

Matthijs1955, Feb 19, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Cant merge Partitions

I'm going to assume you don't have the room to move the files on the G partition, that's why you can't just delete it and create one big partition.
    1.) Create and format a partition using the unallocated space at the beginning of the drive.
    2.) Move all the files from the G partition to the new partition you just created.
    3.) Delete the G partition and the Recovery partition in the middle of the drive.(You might have to use DiskPart to delete the recovery partition)
    4.) Extend the single partition remaining on the drive to use up the entire drive.

newtekie1, Feb 19, 2020
  3. foxslink Win User
    Cant merge Partitions

Hi folks,
    i was trying to merge a partition to another one but i couldnt, it said i didnt have GPT or that i dont have enough space to extend it, does anyone know why? there is only 1 unallocated partition im trying to merge into another partition that has files, the idea is to keep the files intact. i tried deleting it then using the extend function but nada. pls help

foxslink, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Anusha Win User

Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible

1. Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible - Similar Threads - Merged recovery partition

2. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  3. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  4. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  5. Merge two partitions with a partition in between

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Merge two partitions with a partition in between: I deleted a recovery partition 17G and want to merge it into my C partition but I have a System Reserved Partition in between the two. Is there a way to do this? I understand you have to keep the System Reserved in windows 10. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version21H1, build...
  6. Merging Partitions

Merging Partitions: Hello, I was transferring data from one SSD to another with a larger capacity and everything went great. When I went to Disk Management to see if Windows had detected the larger storage I saw that it was there but just unformatted. [ATTACH] I don't want to create a separate...
  7. Merge Partitions

Merge Partitions: Every time i backup with Macrium i keep seeing 3 partitions on C: everything works fine and backs up no problems can i merge the third part with the second part as it looks lost and with a none indication i assume it is doing nothing. I think it was a left over from upgrading...
  8. RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.: The recovery partition is not visible in diskpart and therefore the WinRE cannot be found. What do I do to get it to show? It was there before.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Merging partitions

Merging partitions: I just upgraded my main windows 10 drive from 250 to 500 GB by cloning the drive. How do I merge the un-allocated portion with the active portion so Windows sees the full capacity of the drive??...
  10. Merging partitions.

Merging partitions.: [img] I'm trying to do something with the mini partition wizard that is raved about on this site. The FACTORY IMAGE D above is useless to my computer now that I have been on Windows 10 Home (latest build) and Windows 10 so graciously dropped a 449MB Recovery Partition...