Windows 10: Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.

Discus and support Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 professional installed. There was a system reserved disk partition and i merged it with the local disk d by the aomei partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PrashantShah2, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.

I have a windows 10 professional installed. There was a system reserved disk partition and i merged it with the local disk d by the aomei partition software.

And when i restart it doesn't boot up

What do i do

Please help

:)

PrashantShah2, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Anthony Gal, Feb 19, 2019
  3. System Reserved Partition on Disk 1 not Disk 0

The results were the same as before: Windows is installed in a single 477 GB partition on Disk 0 and the System Reserved is in a 500 MB partition on Drive 1. The rest of Drive 1 is unallocated. This is identical to the configuration I had when I asked the
    question.

The Media Creation Tool used to created the install ISO DVD is v. 10.0.14393 downloaded on 12/13/2016.

I followed your instructions:

• I selected Drive 0 and deleted the existing Windows partition.
    • I clicked New and Apply. Windows then formatted Drive 0 as a single primary partition.
    • The existing System Reserved partition was still on Drive 1.
    • So I deleted the System Reserved partition on Drive 1 and the just created Primary partition on Drive 0
    • I then selected Drive 0 and clicked New and Apply again. Same result a single Primary partition on Drive 0. Drive 1 was left unallocated.
    • Upon completion of the install
      • Windows occupies about 15 GB in the only partition on Drive 0
      • The 500 MB System Reserved partition was placed on Drive 1
      • The rest of Drive 1 is unallocated.

How can I get the System Reserved partition to be placed as the Partition 1 on Drive 0 with Windows installed in Partition 2?

Thanks.

Bill

B_Phillips, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.

Win7 System Reserved Partition Full

Isn't that what the system reserved partition is ? Or is it just a backup incase the windows boot files get corrupt?

Johan45, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.

1. Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up. - Similar Threads - Merged system reserved

2. Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management: I tried installing windows 11 from an iso file and it said " we couldn't update system reserved partition". So I went to Disk Management and I can't locate the system reserved partition :Where can I find my system reserved partition?...
  3. Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management: I tried installing windows 11 from an iso file and it said " we couldn't update system reserved partition". So I went to Disk Management and I can't locate the system reserved partition :Where can I find my system reserved partition?...
  4. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  5. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  6. System Reserved Partition taking up 1tb.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Reserved Partition taking up 1tb.: I was looking for my 1tb hard drive i have in my pc and couldnt find it, so i went to disk manager and it was a system reserved partition taking up te whole thing, even though i have windows installed on my SSD. how can i get rid of this or at least make it small so i can use...
  7. I merged some partitions and now computer won't boot up.

I merged some partitions and now computer won't boot up.: Hi. I was merging several hard drive partitions on my hard drive to get it ready to clone to a bigger drive. The last ones I tried to merge, I think was the one where the Bios was. I set it to merge and restart, but when it restarted it came up to a screen that says: No...
  8. System reserved Partition

System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  9. Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Modified system reserved partition but now no boot device found error: I actually tried to modify the system reserved partition size so that the recent windows update can be installed without error on my hp 15ac122tu machine which is i3 5th gen. I tried to modify the size using mini partition tool by creating 500mb unallocated space and...
  10. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...