Windows 10: Merged User folder and Download folder

Discus and support Merged User folder and Download folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What I did is i merged my download folder with my hp folderI decided to move my download folder from c to d drive so i did that later i decided to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ManavSangwan, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Merged User folder and Download folder

What I did is i merged my download folder with my hp folderI decided to move my download folder from c to d drive so i did that later i decided to move it back to its orignal place but i accidently merged them. After seeing from many web site and youtube they said me that in registry editor in download cahnge its name from %username% to %username%downloads. but it still not unmerged. which causes it to crash from first i did all of this because my pc used to crash after merging of download folder and user folder and it still crashes. tell me a way through which i could unmerge them please wit

:)

ManavSangwan, Sep 17, 2021

2. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer.

I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has
    all of my user folders in it. Its address is still C:\Users\pengu, but its name shows up as Downloads. I'm pretty sure I merged my Downloads folder and user folder. During my attempts to fix this, I ended up with a Downloads folder inside of this folder that
    works normally. The new Downloads folder says it's located in C:\Users\pengu\ if I go to the Location tab in Properties. If I try to search my PC for the actual pengu folder, there is a folder named pengu located in a different Users folder on another drive
    as D:\Users\pengu. However, it has no folders inside of it.

Merged User folder and Download folder d83c2e72-d906-4cee-8359-e706e64d3e14?upload=true.png

Here is a picture of my Users folder.

Merged User folder and Download folder fce79ec2-7437-4e28-bc05-8e31fd9c9dd2?upload=true.png

And here is inside the folder named Downloads that was in the Users folder. Clicking on the Downloads folder on the left side brings me to the folder named Downloads inside of this folder.

Trying to restore the original location of both C:\Users\pengu\ and D:\Users\pengu\ does nothing. My computer is working fine, but I'm worried that this could have future consequences. I don't have any backups or system restore points available from before
    this happened.

Is there a way to remedy this without reinstalling? If not, how do I reinstall in such a way that I can easily get back all of my various files and apps while still fixing this problem? Or does it even need to be fixed?

Ariana Brisco-Schofield, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Merged User folder and Download folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Hello. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has all of my user folders in it.
    Its address is still C:\Users\pengu, but its name shows up as Downloads. I'm pretty sure I merged my Downloads folder and user folder. During my attempts to fix this, I ended up with a Downloads folder inside of this folder that works normally. The new Downloads
    folder says it's located in C:\Users\pengu\ if I go to the Location tab in Properties. If I try to search my PC for the actual pengu folder, there is a folder named pengu located in a different Users folder on another drive as D:\Users\pengu. However, it has
    no folders inside of it.

Merged User folder and Download folder d83c2e72-d906-4cee-8359-e706e64d3e14?upload=true.png

Here is a picture of my Users folder.

Merged User folder and Download folder fce79ec2-7437-4e28-bc05-8e31fd9c9dd2?upload=true.png

And here is inside the folder named Downloads that was in the Users folder. Clicking on the Downloads folder on the left side brings me to the folder named Downloads inside of this folder.

Trying to restore the original location of both C:\Users\pengu\ and D:\Users\pengu\ does nothing. My computer is working fine, but I'm worried that this could have future consequences. I don't have any backups or system restore points avaliable from before
    this happened.

Is there a way to remedy this without reinstalling? If not, how do I reinstall in such a way that I can easily get back all of my various files and apps while still fixing this problem? Or does it even need to be fixed?

Ariana Brisco-Schofield, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Merged User folder and Download folder

1. Merged User folder and Download folder - Similar Threads - Merged User folder

2. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  3. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  4. accidently merged download folder with default user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    accidently merged download folder with default user folder: I accidentally merged my default download folder with C://user/RISHAV KUMAR and now i'm not able to undo this change! neither i'm able to change the new download location again!...
  5. I accidently merged My User folder and My Downloads folder.

I accidently merged My User folder and My Downloads folder.: I merged my User folder named lenovo with my Downloads folder accidentally. This is how my Users folder looks. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ lenovois the name of my user folder. Now I have a...
  6. My Downloads, Desktop and User folder merged together into one Folder

My Downloads, Desktop and User folder merged together into one Folder: So i recently moved my Desktop and Downloads folder into my D: drive because my C: drive was almost full and I wanted to clear some space. After a couple of days I wanted to move Desktop and Downloads back into my User Folder Enes and now all my Files from the Enes folder are...
  7. Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merged Downloads Folder with Users Folder.: So I accidentally merged the Downloads folder with my Users folder. I've tried the registry fix to no avail. I don't really want to do a fresh install but it appears I may have to. Any help? Thanks submitted by /u/IrishDejent [link] [comments]...
  8. I merged My User folder and My Downloads folder.

I merged My User folder and My Downloads folder.: I merged my User folder named Sridhar Rambhatla with my Downloads folder accidentally. This is how my Users folder looks .[ATTACH] The Location still says Sridhar Rambhatla . I even tried using regedit and changed the name to %USERPROFILE%\Downloads. What do i do to...
  9. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder...
  10. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has all of my user folders in it. Its address is still...