Windows 10: Merging 2 folders while retaining the latest files.

Discus and support Merging 2 folders while retaining the latest files. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Sorry, I know there is a lot in the Community about this need, but I found a lot of the information a little outdated or just old. I have 2 situations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by roninrr2, Jun 26, 2022.

1. roninrr2 Win User

Merging 2 folders while retaining the latest files.

Sorry, I know there is a lot in the Community about this need, but I found a lot of the information a little outdated or just old. I have 2 situations and I have 2 questions.I have 2 LARGE Document-type folders 20 & 25 GB each, 40K & 50K files each, 600+ sub-folders each. The 2 folders are not Pictures maybe a few and contain A LOT of the same files same name, but several maybe many have been updated - and I want to reduce both folders to a single folder containing all of the unique files, but only the latest version of the duplicate-named files. I actually have 4 folders,

:)

roninrr2, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Add or Remove Folders from This PC in Windows 10  

Without changing the owner and permissions of the keys in steps 1 and 2, the .reg files will not be able to fully merge, and those keys will not be changed. Those keys are responsible for the folders showing in the navigation pane if you open the folder pinned to Quick access or Start list.

Brink, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Merge Document Folders

Perhaps they 'relocated' the user folders to the E:\ drive so that the main drive would then be clear for reinstalling the OS.

I'll be ready for your questions about the additional steps in post #11 and your backup planning.

Denis

4. Try3 Win User

Merge Document Folders

Bob,

After you have put E:\Documents in Quick access, you can then consider the additional steps in post #11

And this would also be a good time to review your backup planning.

Denis

Thema:

1. Merging 2 folders while retaining the latest files. - Similar Threads - Merging folders while

2. robocopy to retain ntfs permission while copying folders/files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    robocopy to retain ntfs permission while copying folders/files: I am trying to copy folders/filder using robocopy from serverA to serverB, I run the following and it wouldnt keep the ntfs permission at the destinationRobocopy E:\"share1" H:\folder1/share2" /E /DCOPY:DAT /Copy:datsou /R:0 /W:0 /V /MT:16 /TEE...
  3. robocopy to retain ntfs permission while copying folders/files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    robocopy to retain ntfs permission while copying folders/files: I am trying to copy folders/filder using robocopy from serverA to serverB, I run the following and it wouldnt keep the ntfs permission at the destinationRobocopy E:\"share1" H:\folder1/share2" /E /DCOPY:DAT /Copy:datsou /R:0 /W:0 /V /MT:16 /TEE...
  4. robocopy to retain ntfs permission while copying folders/files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Merge several file history folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge several file history folders: My computer was saving my file history backup on a external drive and I have 3- Six month folders that won’t have many changes and they are each 1.4+Tb. Is there a way to merge/combine them into 1 folder with only 1 copy of each file? I am no longer having windows save file...
  6. Merge several file history folders

Merge several file history folders: My computer was saving my file history backup on a external drive and I have 3- Six month folders that won’t have many changes and they are each 1.4+Tb. Is there a way to merge/combine them into 1 folder with only 1 copy of each file? I am no longer having windows save file...
  7. Merging 2 folders while retaining the latest files.

Merging 2 folders while retaining the latest files.: Sorry, I know there is a lot in the Community about this need, but I found a lot of the information a little outdated or just old. I have 2 situations and I have 2 questions.I have 2 LARGE Document-type folders 20 & 25 GB each, 40K & 50K files each, 600+ sub-folders each. The...
  8. Merging 2 folders while retaining the latest files.

Merging 2 folders while retaining the latest files.: Sorry, I know there is a lot in the Community about this need, but I found a lot of the information a little outdated or just old. I have 2 situations and I have 2 questions.I have 2 LARGE Document-type folders 20 & 25 GB each, 40K & 50K files each, 600+ sub-folders each. The...
  9. Merging folders and files

Merging folders and files: I have recently installed windows 10. I have 3 hard drives and move and update many files and folders between the drives. Windows 10 wont let me do this. What am I doing wrong ?...
  10. Merging files and folders

Merging files and folders: I thought I might number my steps to make it less confusing, I hope so anyway. I'd started using OneDrive to store folders until I ran out of space. Then I started using Google Drive, so I moved my files over until I saw that DropBox was promoting a lot of space for free....