Windows 10: Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated

Discus and support Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG]Hi, I want to merge my C: drive disk 0 with an Unallocated drive on Disk 1. Is there any way I can do this without using a third party Partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AwesomeNate06, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated

Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated [​IMG]Hi,

I want to merge my C: drive disk 0 with an Unallocated drive on Disk 1. Is there any way I can do this without using a third party Partition Program?

There is 33.53 GB left on the C: drive and the Unallocated drive is 465.75 GB

When I right-click, the Extend Volume option is greyed out.

They are both Internal Hard Drives, 500 GB for a total storage of 1TB

Thanks,

Nate

:)

AwesomeNate06, Nov 25, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Not Getting Able to Merge Drive with Unallocated Space!

You should be able to right click on partition I:, in Disk Management, and select Extend volume... to add the unallocated space to partition I:. It should be as simple as that. You can't "merge" unallocated space with a partition, because unallocated space is not a partition. To "merge" 2 things those things need to be the same type of thing.

And no, it's not illegal to copy files to another drive.

MrGenius, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Honey Win User

i tried to Delete Part K which is now Unallocated Drive, i right clicked on Part I, selected option "Merge" now Drive is not being shown on list, not able to merge.

Honey, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated

Exit the merge window. In the main window you should be able to see the unallocated space. Right click it, and choose move/resize, and then move/drag it to the end of the drive. Then try the merge.

IceScreamer, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated

1. Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated - Similar Threads - Merging hard drives

2. Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging two Unallocated partitions into one Windows 10 on Basic Disk: Hello, I'm trying to merge these two unallocated partitions into one. I can't do it with partition manager. Is this something that requires a 3rd party utility? This is on a Basic disk/SSD. I downloaded EaseUS and it can easily do this but it wants $50 to do this! I bought...
  3. Merging 2 SSDs into one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merging 2 SSDs into one: Hi, I've heard online that you can merge two physically separate drives into one volume with two modes: - one that fills the first drive then when the first is full fills the second - the other who fills both at the same time so it has greater performance because it...
  4. Merging C and D drive to one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging C and D drive to one drive: Im currently got a small 128 gb ssd and a 2tb hdd in my system, I would like to upgrade to a single 2tb ssd is it possible to retain all data and software installed or is it best to do a fresh install of windows....
  5. One Drive & Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive & Hard Drive: I need to back up my one drive every evening in case we loose the internet. I tried to just copy and paste the files from One Drive to my documents, but it moves all of my folders out of One Drive and puts them into My Documents How do I go about doing this so the files...
  6. Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk: This is a really hard question to google because all the answers keep pointing to the New Striped Volume solution which isn't what I'm after. I have multiple old hard drives from old PCs that have the old OS and files on them. Some 250GB, 1TB, 2TB etc. I bought a new 8TB...
  7. Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk: This is a really hard question to google because all the answers keep pointing to the New Striped Volume solution which isn't what I'm after. I have multiple old hard drives from old PCs that have the old OS and files on them. Some 250GB, 1TB, 2TB etc. I bought a new 8TB...
  8. can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition

can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition: my son laptop comes with 100GB SSD (C Drive) Hard disk and 1TB (D Drive) normal hard disk. is it possible to merge these 2 hard disk into one partition of lets say 500GB size, since the C Drive is 90% full. if not is it possible to move Windows, Users and Program files...
  9. can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition

in Windows 10 Support
    can i merge 2 different hard drives into one partition: my son laptop comes with 100GB SSD (C Drive) Hard disk and 1TB (D Drive) normal hard disk. is it possible to merge these 2 hard disk into one partition of lets say 500GB size, since the C Drive is 90% full. if not is it possible to move Windows, Users and Program files...
  10. Merge several unallocated spaces into one.

Merge several unallocated spaces into one.: Hello guys, I was wondering if you can help me out with this, I have three, unallocated spaces on my laptop and I want to merge them into one new partition. Bear in mind that I have basic disk partitioning, do I need to transition to dynamic and is it possible to loss some...