Windows 10: Merging 2 SSDs into one

Discus and support Merging 2 SSDs into one in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've heard online that you can merge two physically separate drives into one volume with two modes: - one that fills the first drive then when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SHIRO_Suit, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Merging 2 SSDs into one

Hi,

I've heard online that you can merge two physically separate drives into one volume with two modes:

- one that fills the first drive then when the first is full fills the second

- the other who fills both at the same time so it has greater performance because it accesses files "twice" as fast but limits the maximum capacity to the smallest drive.

you can do so by clicking extend volume in disk partition manager and select unallocated space from another drive.

right now i cannot do this on the drive i want to because it is the windows drive so I'll have to clone it before but that's not what worries me.

I was asking myself if it was good practice to merge SSDs the first way since ssds dont like being full. on the internet it's said that having an ssd full reduces its performance and lifespan. or maybe i didn't understand well how it works?

Please help me. Thanks.

submitted by /u/SHIRO_Suit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SHIRO_Suit, Mar 26, 2021
  2. D_o_S Win User

Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Marivel Man, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Merging 2 SSDs into one

Mail merge with Windows Mail

Can you do a mail merge to email using Windows Mail? I've set my default email app to Mail, but it doesn't send the emails. I've done mail merges to Outlook in the past so have no trouble going through the right steps in Word, using an Excel list for the
    email addresses.

DavidKt_46, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Merging 2 SSDs into one

1. Merging 2 SSDs into one - Similar Threads - Merging SSDs

2. Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition: Hello I need help. I have a HP laptop with 500 gb hard drive. So i created two partitions of that 500 gb hard drive with AOEMI partition assistant and both are GPT partitions. In the first partition C: i installed windows 11 and in the second one i installed Windows 10 which...
  3. Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition: Hello I need help. I have a HP laptop with 500 gb hard drive. So i created two partitions of that 500 gb hard drive with AOEMI partition assistant and both are GPT partitions. In the first partition C: i installed windows 11 and in the second one i installed Windows 10 which...
  4. Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...: These are the screenshots so you can get more of an Idea of what I'm saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-merged-with-d-restore-default-fails-due/26aeb604-de99-4ce2-80ec-fd6c05bebc50
  5. Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...

Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...: These are the screenshots so you can get more of an Idea of what I'm saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-merged-with-d-restore-default-fails-due/26aeb604-de99-4ce2-80ec-fd6c05bebc50
  6. How to merge two accounts, both contain licenses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to merge two accounts, both contain licenses: I have two Microsoft accounts. Both are base on Gmail email addresses although one has a custom domain. In one account I have my Windows 11 Pro retail license, in the other one I have my Office & Outlook 2019 Home licenses. How can I merge the two accounts or transfer the...
  7. How do I merge two SSDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I merge two SSDs: I am on Window's 11, and I want to extend my primary Windows drive that's 512 GB with another empty drive that is 512 GB to create a 1 TB storage unit for my Windows 11 OS.I have looked up tutorials online for how to extend the SSD, and it usually requires me to go to disk...
  8. How do I merge two SSDs

How do I merge two SSDs: I am on Window's 11, and I want to extend my primary Windows drive that's 512 GB with another empty drive that is 512 GB to create a 1 TB storage unit for my Windows 11 OS.I have looked up tutorials online for how to extend the SSD, and it usually requires me to go to disk...
  9. So I somehow merged my ssds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So I somehow merged my ssds: So I used intel rapid storage technology and somehow merge the two and I want to know if I can separate them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-somehow-merged-my-ssds/dc440b4b-1a9a-4eee-ac31-3e7a2fef6ac7
  10. I see my two 1TB merged SSDs and my 2TB HDD. What is Disk 1 now? I am confused.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I see my two 1TB merged SSDs and my 2TB HDD. What is Disk 1 now? I am confused.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AchillesHerz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln1zsr/i_see_my_two_1tb_merged_ssds_and_my_2tb_hdd_what/