Windows 10: Merging 2 users together?

Discus and support Merging 2 users together? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It sounds really stupid at first, but let me explain. I dont know when but i created a second account on my pc as a sort of private account from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jurpy_the_durpy, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Merging 2 users together?

It sounds really stupid at first, but let me explain.

I dont know when but i created a second account on my pc as a sort of private account from the main one i use. Of course this takes up more space on my pc, and now my pc is clustered. I have data on both accounts that i want and need to keep, but i just wanna have one account now.

I know how i can simply drag and drop files from each user, but what about the system files? (i.e game data, application data, ect.) It seems that its just tied to a single user, so i cant just drag and drop. (at least from what i see i cant.)

If there is a way to transfer everything to one user so i can then delete the other i would love to hear it, since my computer has really low storage.

submitted by /u/jurpy_the_durpy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jurpy_the_durpy, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Can I merge 2 users in win 10 pro v 1803

Hello Dennis,

Merging user accounts is not available. The best option is to move the data of the user account manually to the other user account. I suggest that you copy and paste everything you need over to the default profile you're using.

Once done, you can follow these steps on how to delete a user account on Windows 10:

1. Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.
    2. Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.
    3. Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.
    4. Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    5. Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Nov 3, 2020
  3. D_o_S Win User
    Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Merging 2 users together?

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Merging 2 users together?

1. Merging 2 users together? - Similar Threads - Merging users together

2. Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?: Hello! I'm running Windows 10 on my PC and I have two different Windows accounts under two different emails, but I'd like to merge them so that everything is all in one place. One reason for instance is to use the account that I have associated with my XBOX on the same...
  3. Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?: Hello! I'm running Windows 10 on my PC and I have two different Windows accounts under two different emails, but I'd like to merge them so that everything is all in one place. One reason for instance is to use the account that I have associated with my XBOX on the same...
  4. Is it possible to merge Windows accounts together?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2 accounts with same domain email merged together and now cant find one of the account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    2 accounts with same domain email merged together and now cant find one of the account: My son got onto my computer and added his account to it, although he had the same domain email as me, and he told me that when he logged on, they merged together and now I don't see my work account that has very important files on it. I need help fast....
  6. 2 accounts with same domain email merged together and now cant find one of the account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 accounts with same domain email merged together and now cant find one of the account: My son got onto my computer and added his account to it, although he had the same domain email as me, and he told me that when he logged on, they merged together and now I don't see my work account that has very important files on it. I need help fast....
  7. 2 accounts with same domain email merged together and now cant find one of the account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Downloads, Desktop and User folder merged together into one Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Downloads, Desktop and User folder merged together into one Folder: So i recently moved my Desktop and Downloads folder into my D: drive because my C: drive was almost full and I wanted to clear some space. After a couple of days I wanted to move Desktop and Downloads back into my User Folder Enes and now all my Files from the Enes folder are...
  9. Big mess with 2 Admin User Profiles that are somehow merged together... Help!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Big mess with 2 Admin User Profiles that are somehow merged together... Help!!!!!: My Microsoft Admin acct somehow duplicated. One has my avatar, the other doesn't have an avatar. The one without the avatar is linked to Cortana. I checked the cmd prompt. I have 5 User accts all with the exact same #'s, but they end in 500 for Admin, 501 for guest, 503 for...
  10. Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?: As the topic said above ,Is it possible to merge the partition and unused spaces together ? In the picture,Sorry it is in Japanese I only use drive C and D but I have another partition that I do not use and it take a lot of space. Partition 1 is recovery partition...