Windows 10: Merging Desynced Onedrive Files

Discus and support Merging Desynced Onedrive Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi community, A few months ago, the organization name for a client that I support changed from A to B. People that are syncing files through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Crow, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Merging Desynced Onedrive Files

Hi community,

A few months ago, the organization name for a client that I support changed from A to B. People that are syncing files through Sharepoint have their documents under the head A, but new syncs occur under the header B.

Two users had their Onedrives resynced and started syncing under header B. As a result, files under header A became desynced and stored locally, while files under B were the ones that were being actively synced.

This was not recognized by myself or the users, and they had been working on the desynced, local documents through shortcuts, quick access, etc. and we would now like to rectify any changes that had been made and ensure that files are up to date.

I'd like to put this out here to see if anyone has a slick solution to this issue!

:)

Chris Crow, Aug 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 20, 2020
  3. D_o_S Win User
    Company merging on the horizon

The Inq. talks about some major company merging that could take place this summer. What is likely to happen is summarized in the following list:

• eBay is in talks with Microsoft and Yahoo regarding cooperation and perhaps even a combination
    • Oracle, SAP and perhaps Novell might be "up to something"
    • Telecoms will surely continue to be a big source of deal-making and not just through attempts to build scale and geographic coverage. Deals such as Sky-Easynet and eBay-Skype suggest that combinations of services could be the way forward.
    • Sun might be bought by Fujitsu Siemens, HP or Dell
    Source: The Inq

D_o_S, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Merging Desynced Onedrive Files

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Merging Desynced Onedrive Files

1. Merging Desynced Onedrive Files - Similar Threads - Merging Desynced Onedrive

2. Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files: Hi, I logged into my laptop this morning which I updated a few days ago to updates KB5013887 and KB5014699. For some reason the blue menu when you first purchase a laptop came up, to which I skipped all sections. I got an email saying that my Onedrive storage was full, so I...
  3. Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files: Hi, I logged into my laptop this morning which I updated a few days ago to updates KB5013887 and KB5014699. For some reason the blue menu when you first purchase a laptop came up, to which I skipped all sections. I got an email saying that my Onedrive storage was full, so I...
  4. Microsoft update merged my PC and Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 2 Onedrive accounts are merged and I don't them merged>

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Onedrive accounts are merged and I don't them merged>: I have 2 separate onedrive accounts. One for business and the other personnel. They both have different emails and PW's. Somehow they are merged. I don't know how this happens but I need to separate them if this is possible. I have files showing up on different computer that...
  6. Audio desync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio desync: When I'm watching Youtube/Twitch/Netflix/literally anything, audio gets de-synced after 2-3 minutes and it keeps getting worse and worse as time goes on. It gets fixed if I refresh the browser but it eventually starts desynching again submitted by /u/Yhuel [link]...
  7. Desync accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desync accounts: I have two accounts on one computer. Any time I download something like a game or install something on one account, the same thing happens on the other account. I was wondering if there was any way I can stop it from doing that. Thanks!...
  8. Audio desync problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio desync problem: The audio started working incorrectly and I’m now facing this issue on every browser and applications I use. I tried to reinstall the audio drivers but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-desync-problem/eb9fe466-cd40-4380-9e9f-85e7d8304fb2
  9. Audio Desync

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Desync: I noticed since last weekend (12.10.2018) that after some time the audio starts to desync,i tried in chrome,firefox,edge,netflix and offline movies its all the same,I tried reinstaling every audio driver but the problem is still happening.Is there any fix for it ?...
  10. Aduio desync

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Aduio desync: I noticed since last weekend (12.10.2018) that after some time the audio starts to desync,i tried in chrome,firefox,edge,netflix and offline movies its all the same,I tried reinstaling every audio driver but the problem is still happening.Is there any fix for it ?...