Windows 10: Merging dynamic partitions?

Discus and support Merging dynamic partitions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop. It has Core i7 8th Gen 8750H Processor. It came with 8GB RAM/16GB Intel Optane/1TB HDD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GeForce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by archz2, Aug 11, 2019.

1. archz2 Win User

Merging dynamic partitions?

I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop. It has Core i7 8th Gen 8750H Processor. It came with 8GB RAM/16GB Intel Optane/1TB HDD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5. I have windows 10 - 64 bit version 1903.

I recently removed 16GB optane stick from my laptop and installed SSD 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 250GB as the main C partition which has windows and installed software. I also installed same 8GB RAM of the same Hynix brand and model number that my laptop was initially equipped with. Everything is running fine.

The C partition is my Samsung SSDThe D partition is of the original HDD of my laptopThe E partition was my old C partition which had window installation and software. I used the Samsung migration tool to directly migrate the windows installation and the installed software. Now I deleted the E volume using the windows disk management. Then I extended my D partition, so now it created a dynamic volume with two partitions as seen in screenshot. How can I merge these two partition together, i.e. one of 230.39 GB and 700GB ?

Merging dynamic partitions? [​IMG]

These two partition of D drive show up as one in the windows explorer.

Merging dynamic partitions? [​IMG]

Of course I can wipe out the data from the entire D partition and then reformat it, then add my data back. Is there a shorter way? I only intend to do this since I believe that slicing a hard drive makes it comparatively slow for windows to search for files in compared to one single partition.

:)

archz2, Aug 11, 2019
  2. foxslink Win User

Cant merge Partitions

Hi folks,
    i was trying to merge a partition to another one but i couldnt, it said i didnt have GPT or that i dont have enough space to extend it, does anyone know why? there is only 1 unallocated partition im trying to merge into another partition that has files, the idea is to keep the files intact. i tried deleting it then using the extend function but nada. pls help

foxslink, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Cant merge Partitions

Sorry, I didn't spot this little detail before: that is a dynamic disk. You need the Professional edition of EaseUS Partition Master to manipulate partitions on dynamic disks. See this Microsoft article for an explanation of basic versus dynamic disks.

Static~Charge, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Toothless Win User

Cant merge Partitions

Move the files, backed up. Use Easeus to delete both partitions, merge, make new parition, and move files back.

Toothless, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Merging dynamic partitions? - Similar Threads - Merging dynamic partitions

2. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  3. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging Partitions: So here is my issue. Windows is on my C drive, which is normal and good. What I want before I start to put stuff on the D and E drive, is for them not to be partitioned. No matter what I do, I can't seem to merge E with the two extra parts it has, nor can I merge D with the...
  4. "Dynamic" Partition Sizes?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Dynamic" Partition Sizes?: Hi! I'm installing some Steam games on my laptop and then I realized that, because they are all in my C drive, they are all being backed up. I don't need this, for I can just download them again if something were to happen. They would also take up a ton of space on my NAS...
  5. Merging Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging Partitions: Hello, I was transferring data from one SSD to another with a larger capacity and everything went great. When I went to Disk Management to see if Windows had detected the larger storage I saw that it was there but just unformatted. [ATTACH] I don't want to create a separate...
  6. Merge Partitions

Merge Partitions: Every time i backup with Macrium i keep seeing 3 partitions on C: everything works fine and backs up no problems can i merge the third part with the second part as it looks lost and with a none indication i assume it is doing nothing. I think it was a left over from upgrading...
  7. Merging dynamic partitions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging dynamic partitions?: I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 laptop. It has Core i7 8th Gen 8750H Processor. It came with 8GB RAM/16GB Intel Optane/1TB HDD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5. I have windows 10 - 64 bit version 1903I recently removed 16GB optane stick from my laptop...
  8. Merging partitions

Merging partitions: I just upgraded my main windows 10 drive from 250 to 500 GB by cloning the drive. How do I merge the un-allocated portion with the active portion so Windows sees the full capacity of the drive??...
  9. Merging partitions.

Merging partitions.: [img] I'm trying to do something with the mini partition wizard that is raved about on this site. The FACTORY IMAGE D above is useless to my computer now that I have been on Windows 10 Home (latest build) and Windows 10 so graciously dropped a 449MB Recovery Partition...
  10. Partition merging issue

Partition merging issue: Hi there. Its my first time to write on any such forum hoping to get what I want. I have windows 10 64bit machine installed on. the windows drive C is has 29 GB space i want to increase the space. I want to take free space from 456 GB partition located on Disk 1 and to...