Windows 10: Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.

Discus and support Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use 3D Builder all the time to build 3D models. The problem is, sometimes when I try to merge objects together, the merging just freezes. It's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexaGirard, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.

I use 3D Builder all the time to build 3D models. The problem is, sometimes when I try to merge objects together, the merging just freezes. It's not slow or anything. The merging just freezes and doesn't move at all no matter how long I wait. It makes it so I can't merge the objects together. Most of the time, i'm able to merge objects together, but sometimes, i'm not able to because of the merging freezing. Can someone please help me fix this problem? Thank you!

:)

AlexaGirard, Jun 29, 2020

2. 3D Builder program stalls out when trying to merge objects together

Teraldo79,

I'm an engineer on the 3D Builder team. Sorry it has taken us awhile to find you and respond.

There is currently a known issue with our Merge function that makes it difficult for some objects to be merged. We are currently working on it, but unfortunately have no news on when it will be ready.

In the mean time I would suggest "grouping" the same objects together that you are trying to merge. Grouping (an option available on the right side menu. Will do everything merge will do, minus actually fusing the objects together. After objects are grouped
    the will act like one piece, but they can still be ungrouped back to individual pieces.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

CBGrant [MSFT], Jun 29, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    3D Builder program stalls out when trying to merge objects together

Hello,

Your laptop meets the system requirements to run 3D Builder. Merging objects in 3D Builder
    takes a couple of seconds to see them merged as one under the “Items” section in the “Selection” pane. It doesn’t prompt any messages when it’s done merging objects.

We suggest that you
    run the troubleshooter for Windows apps
    if the slow performance still persist.

Post back if you need more help.

Thank you.

Erika Aro, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.

3D Builder program stalls out when trying to merge objects together

For more information about your concern, may I ask ask how many objects are you trying to merge? Merging a number of objects at the same time affects the performance of the application, same with copying a number of objects as well.

We suggest that you post a feedback with regards to 3D Builder on
    Feedback Hub

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.

1. Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder. - Similar Threads - Merging freezes sometimes

2. Merged objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merged objects: Is there a way to unmerge objects once they have been merged? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merged-objects/5408e685-b7d7-4893-ba6f-6e8d9ab53019
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY 3D OBJECTS FOLDER TO H DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY 3D OBJECTS FOLDER TO H DRIVE: I accidentally merged my 3D Objects folder to H Drive when I was transferring my 3d objects folder location in the properties and now the PC is recognizing the folder as only my H Drive. Whenever I click on the 3d objects folder its exactly the same as if i clicked on my H...
  4. Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder

Objects moving to 0.0001x to the side of the axis in 3D Builder: I seem to have a problem with 3D Builder where sometimes when I try to move an object to a precise co-ordinate, the app sometimes moves it a tiny little bit to either side of the axis. For example, if I tried to move something to 817x, it would move to 817.0001x, and if I...
  5. How to Merge pictures using Paint 3D?

How to Merge pictures using Paint 3D?: First of all, I DETEST Paint 3D. I have yet to figure out how to do ANYTHING with it. (Or, at least, anything useful.) Having said that, it appears I'm forced to use it. So here's the issue: I have an architectural drawing I created that is ultimately going into a novel...
  6. Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive: Hi, I recently got a new laptop that has a small SSD & a large HDD. To preserve space, I was transferring my default folders (Documents, Music, Video, Downloads, etc) from the C: (SSD) to D: (HDD). Most went fine, but on the last one I managed to tell Windows to merge my 3D...
  7. When editing models with 3D Builder it introduces corruption causing merge and repair...

When editing models with 3D Builder it introduces corruption causing merge and repair...: Does Microsoft have a solution for the corruption introduced into edited models by 3D Builder? Just in case you're not aware of the problem, here's how it works... I created a some models in 3D Builder. [ATTACH] I would have used 3D Builder to print them, but it...
  8. To be merged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To be merged: Split from this thread. Hello Greg please I need your help. I have an issue with my drive. My computer is not able to boot to desktop so I placed a new hard drive in it and install a new OS after installtion when i tried opening the drive from disk management I am told I...
  9. Align Objects in 3D Builder

Align Objects in 3D Builder: Hello, i am wondering how to align objects in 3d builder exactly , e.g. different circles should have the same center Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/align-objects-in-3d-builder/0a5b8f12-d463-4e7b-8526-53607c3b2170
  10. Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to merge the partition and unuse spaces together ?: As the topic said above ,Is it possible to merge the partition and unused spaces together ? In the picture,Sorry it is in Japanese I only use drive C and D but I have another partition that I do not use and it take a lot of space. Partition 1 is recovery partition...