Windows 10: Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.

Discus and support Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use 3D Builder all the time to build 3D models. The problem is, sometimes when I try to merge objects together, the merging just freezes. It's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexaGirard, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.

I use 3D Builder all the time to build 3D models. The problem is, sometimes when I try to merge objects together, the merging just freezes. It's not slow or anything. The merging just freezes and doesn't move at all no matter how long I wait. It makes it so I can't merge the objects together. Most of the time, i'm able to merge objects together, but sometimes, i'm not able to because of the merging freezing. Can someone please help me fix this problem? Thank you!

:)

AlexaGirard, Jun 29, 2020

2. 3D Builder program stalls out when trying to merge objects together

Teraldo79,

I'm an engineer on the 3D Builder team. Sorry it has taken us awhile to find you and respond.

There is currently a known issue with our Merge function that makes it difficult for some objects to be merged. We are currently working on it, but unfortunately have no news on when it will be ready.

In the mean time I would suggest "grouping" the same objects together that you are trying to merge. Grouping (an option available on the right side menu. Will do everything merge will do, minus actually fusing the objects together. After objects are grouped
    the will act like one piece, but they can still be ungrouped back to individual pieces.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

CBGrant [MSFT], Jun 29, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    3D Builder program stalls out when trying to merge objects together

Hello,

Your laptop meets the system requirements to run 3D Builder. Merging objects in 3D Builder
    takes a couple of seconds to see them merged as one under the “Items” section in the “Selection” pane. It doesn’t prompt any messages when it’s done merging objects.

We suggest that you
    run the troubleshooter for Windows apps
    if the slow performance still persist.

Post back if you need more help.

Thank you.

Erika Aro, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.

3D Builder program stalls out when trying to merge objects together

For more information about your concern, may I ask ask how many objects are you trying to merge? Merging a number of objects at the same time affects the performance of the application, same with copying a number of objects as well.

We suggest that you post a feedback with regards to 3D Builder on
    Feedback Hub

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.

1. Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder. - Similar Threads - Merging freezes sometimes

2. 3D Builder freezing when merging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3D Builder freezing when merging: What is the fix for 3D builder freezing when you try to merge items? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-freezing-when-merging/3b0bec62-88f9-4a74-92cc-8019d1541606
  3. 3D Builder Problem merging two objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Builder Problem merging two objects: I have not been able to get two models to merge, even with allowing the computer to continue over night. I have seen other posts on this but no solution. I can provide the 3mf files of the two objects if helpful. I am using a Lenovo Legion 5 laptop....
  4. 3D Builder: Merging objects creates unwanted polygons

3D Builder: Merging objects creates unwanted polygons: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello! I am trying to merge two objects into one. Upon using the "merge" function, the object reveals many unwanted polygons, when i am trying to have the part smooth for a 3d print. I have attached two photos: one before and one after. If anyone can help,...
  5. I accidentally merged my Documents and 3D Objects Library - sos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally merged my Documents and 3D Objects Library - sos?: I should have known better from the warnings it was giving me. I had been attempting to put the 3d Objects folder withinthe documents folder because I thought "well why would I want those file types organized separately from my regular documents folder" but at this point I...
  6. Merging 2 users together?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merging 2 users together?: It sounds really stupid at first, but let me explain. I dont know when but i created a second account on my pc as a sort of private account from the main one i use. Of course this takes up more space on my pc, and now my pc is clustered. I have data on both accounts that i...
  7. Merging in 3D Builder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Merging in 3D Builder: My object has become very detailed and it seems it wont let me merge anything anymore even if I try to take pieces to other windows to merge it doesn't. Will this effect hows its printed if and when i do get around to it?...
  8. Merging in 3D Builder

Merging in 3D Builder: I am creating a Chandelier in 3D Builder and using mostly cylinders to create the main frame design. I Tried to make new design changes today and have spent most of my day just trying to merge my design and it outright refuses to budge. Not sure what to do at this point, I...
  9. Merged objects

Merged objects: Is there a way to unmerge objects once they have been merged? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merged-objects/5408e685-b7d7-4893-ba6f-6e8d9ab53019
  10. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY 3D OBJECTS FOLDER TO H DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY 3D OBJECTS FOLDER TO H DRIVE: I accidentally merged my 3D Objects folder to H Drive when I was transferring my 3d objects folder location in the properties and now the PC is recognizing the folder as only my H Drive. Whenever I click on the 3d objects folder its exactly the same as if i clicked on my H...