Windows 10: Merging Hotmail-based Microsoft account with Gmail-based Microsoft account

Discus and support Merging Hotmail-based Microsoft account with Gmail-based Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm currently looking for a method to merge, or at the very least link, my two Microsoft accounts - my old Hotmail-based account which I managed to get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Damian0358, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Merging Hotmail-based Microsoft account with Gmail-based Microsoft account

I'm currently looking for a method to merge, or at the very least link, my two Microsoft accounts - my old Hotmail-based account which I managed to get back, and am currently using for Skype, and my other Gmail-based account which I used for my Xbox 360 and has Minecraft for Windows 10. Using an alias isn't an option due to existing @hotmail.com addresses not being able to be added as aliases, and I do not want to risk signing up for Xbox on Windows 10 with my Gmail-based account in fear that it may cause issues with Skype using my Hotmail-based account, as Windows 10 wishes to use my Microsoft account everywhere on my laptop.

Is there any sort of solution for my predicament?

:)

Damian0358, Aug 17, 2018
  2. rpsgc Win User
    rpsgc, Aug 17, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Launches Windows Live Hotmail Worldwide

Microsoft Corp. today announced that Windows Live Hotmail, the successor to MSN Hotmail, is launching globally in 36 languages. Windows Live Hotmail will deliver a safer, more powerful and productive e-mail experience than previous versions with flexible access via the Web, on a mobile phone or with an e-mail client. As Windows Live Hotmail begins rolling out on May 7 and continues over the coming days, consumers will be able to visit http://www.hotmail.com to sign up for a new Windows Live Hotmail account. Current MSN Hotmail customers can also update their existing account to Windows Live Hotmail by logging into their account and clicking on the green Join Windows Live Hotmail button. Later this month Windows Live Hotmail customers will also be able to access their Windows Live Hotmail e-mail and contacts for free using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 or Office Outlook 2007 via the new Microsoft Office Outlook Connector beta.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Merging Hotmail-based Microsoft account with Gmail-based Microsoft account

When I try to login to my Hotmail account, my Gmail account comes up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• How do you access your Email account (Web browser or Email client)?

If you are using Mail app, I would suggest you to first check, if Hotmail account is configured on Mail app?

Try these steps below to configure Hotmail account on Mail app:

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.

• Check for Hotmail account on Choose an account Window. If it is not available, go to
      Other account.

• Add you Hotmail account Email address and
      Password in the Other account Window and check, if it works.

If both Hotmail and Gmail account is configured on Mail app, you can switch between Gmail and Hotmail account on Mail app. By clicking on the respective account name on bottom left.

If you do not want to use Gmail account on Mail app, you can delete the Gmail account.

Try these steps below to delete the Gmail account on Mail app:

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.

• Check for Gmail account on Choose an account
      Window, then delete the Gmail account.
    If you are using a web browser, I would suggest you to go to
    https://www.mail.live.com and sign in using your Hotmail.com Email address.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Merging Hotmail-based Microsoft account with Gmail-based Microsoft account

1. Merging Hotmail-based Microsoft account with Gmail-based Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Merging Hotmail based

2. How to merge or delete Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to merge or delete Microsoft accounts: I have five computers and I went over them all to decide which ones to toss out. I was surprised to see I have three MS accounts. and it looks like I cannot merge them into one? I do not share any of the computers with anyone else and do not need separate accounts. The...
  3. How to merge or delete Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to merge or delete Microsoft accounts: I have five computers and I went over them all to decide which ones to toss out. I was surprised to see I have three MS accounts. and it looks like I cannot merge them into one? I do not share any of the computers with anyone else and do not need separate accounts. The...
  4. Merging two microsoft accounts into one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging two microsoft accounts into one: To clarify. I have two Microsoft accounts, one built around an incredibly old hotmail email I no longer use, and another built with my current, professional-used email. The issue lies in that due to all the automatic assignment, some of my services are associated with one,...
  5. Merging 2 Microsoft Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Merging 2 Microsoft Accounts: Hello, I have 2 Microsoft accounts, One I created for my original xbox, and one I created for my Zune. Both of the accounts were created prior to Microsoft moving to a single login for all services. And now the more that Xbox gets integrated with other Microsoft...
  6. Merging two Microsoft accounts.

Merging two Microsoft accounts.: Hi, I was wondering if that's possible to merge my two Microsoft accounts. What I mean is: I want to have all bought history on my new account, achievements Insider status, and I am doing that because i am receiving a lot of spams on my old account - I can't stand this. If...
  7. Merge 2 microsoft accounts

Merge 2 microsoft accounts: I have been searching for a way to merge or link 2 active Microsoft accounts. Is this possible or not and if it is possible, please tell me how! It drives me nuts having these 2 active accounts and I wish I could merge them........
  8. Merging 2 Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merging 2 Microsoft accounts: Hi, I have two Microsoft accounts and I have Minecraft wndows 10 edition on this one but my main one does not. I would like to merge the two accounts, however, just transferring MC onto the other one is fine...
  9. Microsoft and gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft and gmail accounts: Microsoft keeps asking me to update Gmail accounts I do not have. It is somehow related to Outlook but not my outlook 2003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-and-gmail-accounts/bcf0e07d-afe5-4842-8732-bf851b08bf18
  10. Merge microsoft account purchases?

Merge microsoft account purchases?: Bit of an odd situation here, a while back for reasons I've forgotten, I ended up purchasing games (forza games on windows 10) on one dummy microsoft account and playing them on another which had my proper gamertag, stats, etc. Now although this works, it's gotten to be quite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account merge

2. how to merge microsoft accounts

3. how to combine two microsoft account