Windows 10: Merging in 3D Builder

Discus and support Merging in 3D Builder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am creating a Chandelier in 3D Builder and using mostly cylinders to create the main frame design. I Tried to make new design changes today and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TSWJ30, Sep 5, 2020.

1. TSWJ30 Win User

Merging in 3D Builder

I am creating a Chandelier in 3D Builder and using mostly cylinders to create the main frame design. I Tried to make new design changes today and have spent most of my day just trying to merge my design and it outright refuses to budge. Not sure what to do at this point, I have shut down my computer twice tried the repair feature, did virus checks, and deleted browsing history and still nothing. I really would hate to have to start over now that ive come this far.

:)

TSWJ30, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Ferdz Amp, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    3D Builder program stalls out when trying to merge objects together

Hello,

Your laptop meets the system requirements to run 3D Builder. Merging objects in 3D Builder
    takes a couple of seconds to see them merged as one under the “Items” section in the “Selection” pane. It doesn’t prompt any messages when it’s done merging objects.

We suggest that you
    run the troubleshooter for Windows apps
    if the slow performance still persist.

Post back if you need more help.

Thank you.

Erika Aro, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Merging in 3D Builder

can i upgrade 3d builder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the lag in 3D builder app. To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed?(Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of the 3D builder app installed?

However, we would suggest you to these methods and check the 3D Builder app performance.

Method 1: Steps to reset the 3D Builder App.

1. Press Windows +I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, Select Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Search for 3D Builder app in the list and click on it, then select
      Advanced options.
    4. Then click on Reset and then restart the PC and check if the issue persist. If it persist then perform
      method 2.

Method 2: Steps to Uninstall and reinstall the 3D Builder App.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard. Select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Type: Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
      and click on Enter.
    3. Type: Exit and click on Enter.
    4. Restart the PC. Open
      Microsoft Store
      app and reinstall
      3D builder app
    5. Check if the issue persists.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Merging in 3D Builder

1. Merging in 3D Builder - Similar Threads - Merging Builder

2. My S touch became merged with my caps lock, my W touch became unusable because when i click...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My S touch became merged with my caps lock, my W touch became unusable because when i click...: when i click s, it turns into caps and when i click volume up button, the mail app appears, and when i click volume down button, the files app appears. I think it is an software issue because the keyboard troubleshoot did not work as it did not detect anything....
  3. How can I maintain shape integrity when merging or subtracting shapes in 3D Builder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I maintain shape integrity when merging or subtracting shapes in 3D Builder?: When I create a tube in 3D Builder by subtracting one cylinder from another--or merge two tubes to create a "wye" type junction--the surface of the resulting shape is rough and lumpy, with many irregularly-shaped polygons instead of a smooth tube. The resulting 3D print is...
  4. How can I maintain shape integrity when merging or subtracting shapes in 3D Builder?

How can I maintain shape integrity when merging or subtracting shapes in 3D Builder?: When I create a tube in 3D Builder by subtracting one cylinder from another--or merge two tubes to create a "wye" type junction--the surface of the resulting shape is rough and lumpy, with many irregularly-shaped polygons instead of a smooth tube. The resulting 3D print is...
  5. 3D Builder freezing when merging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3D Builder freezing when merging: What is the fix for 3D builder freezing when you try to merge items? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3d-builder-freezing-when-merging/3b0bec62-88f9-4a74-92cc-8019d1541606
  6. 3D Builder Problem merging two objects

3D Builder Problem merging two objects: I have not been able to get two models to merge, even with allowing the computer to continue over night. I have seen other posts on this but no solution. I can provide the 3mf files of the two objects if helpful. I am using a Lenovo Legion 5 laptop....
  7. 3D Builder: Merging objects creates unwanted polygons

3D Builder: Merging objects creates unwanted polygons: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello! I am trying to merge two objects into one. Upon using the "merge" function, the object reveals many unwanted polygons, when i am trying to have the part smooth for a 3d print. I have attached two photos: one before and one after. If anyone can help,...
  8. Merging in 3D Builder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Merging in 3D Builder: My object has become very detailed and it seems it wont let me merge anything anymore even if I try to take pieces to other windows to merge it doesn't. Will this effect hows its printed if and when i do get around to it?...
  9. Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.

Merging freezes sometimes when I try to merge objects together in 3D Builder.: I use 3D Builder all the time to build 3D models. The problem is, sometimes when I try to merge objects together, the merging just freezes. It's not slow or anything. The merging just freezes and doesn't move at all no matter how long I wait. It makes it so I can't merge the...
  10. When editing models with 3D Builder it introduces corruption causing merge and repair...

When editing models with 3D Builder it introduces corruption causing merge and repair...: Does Microsoft have a solution for the corruption introduced into edited models by 3D Builder? Just in case you're not aware of the problem, here's how it works... I created a some models in 3D Builder. [ATTACH] I would have used 3D Builder to print them, but it...