Windows 10: Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk

Discus and support Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a really hard question to google because all the answers keep pointing to the New Striped Volume solution which isn't what I'm after. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by txr, Jun 25, 2020.

1. TXR
    txr Win User

Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk

This is a really hard question to google because all the answers keep pointing to the New Striped Volume solution which isn't what I'm after.

I have multiple old hard drives from old PCs that have the old OS and files on them. Some 250GB, 1TB, 2TB etc.
    I bought a new 8TB and want to clone and move all the data from the old SSD+HDDs onto the new 8TB Disk, and have them appear as separate partitions (eg. 250gb E:\ , 1TB F:\ , 2TB G:\ )

Is this possible?

I am using Windows 10

:)

2. GlynParry Win User

Old Hard drive to new hard drive

I now have my old hard drive converted to an external drive and am wondering what is the best way to move files from the old to the new. I was thinking of booting the old drive and saving the files I want to the cloud and then downloading them to my new
    computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

GlynParry, Jun 25, 2020
  3. xarzu Win User
    new system old hard drive...

I have an old hard drive that has those old ribbon connections to transfer data to the mother board.

I have a new computer that mostly uses those cool little ATA (I think that is what they are called) connections.

The new computer has a Vista OS.

I opened up the case and I was supprised to see on the motherboard a wide ribbon connection and so I connected the old hard drive and a free power connection.

When I turned on the computer, the system started up like usual and did not notice the new hard drive.

I went to the Control Pannel and did an automatic add hard drive call and it did not find the old hard drive.

Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jun 25, 2020
  4. FLGal215 Win User

Hard drive crashed with no recovery disk for new hard drive

Will I need the Windows operating system disk to install on new hard drive, old hard drive with Microsoft OS on crashed?

FLGal215, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk - Similar Threads - Merging multiple old

2. Installing old hard drive onto windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing old hard drive onto windows 10: Hi, im upgrading my moms old pc to a new windows 10 one, the problem is how do i get her old hard drive files onto the new pc. Pc is running off of a new ssd with fresh windows 10 pro installed. When i plug in her old hard drive which still works fine but has windows vista...
  3. old hard drive and a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old hard drive and a new computer: I have what I think is a basic question, but I'm not sure. I just bought a new computer. It has not yet arrived. When it does, I want to put my old SSD into the new computer because it has my programs, files, etc. My issue is that the old SSD has Windows 10 installed on...
  4. New system old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New system old hard drive?: Hi, I'm building a new system soon, but I have a question. I just have this hard drive with Windows on it and keep the old drivers and everything. How can I avoid a new installation of Windows now? Can I just uninstall all the old drivers and integrate them into the new...
  5. Transfer old hard disk to new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer old hard disk to new computer?: Hello, I would like to transfer my HDD with Windows and all games to my new PC (different CPU, different board and RAM), because the game installations take hours with my internet. Can I take over this without problems or do the drivers overlap? Alte Festplatte in neuen...
  6. Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging multiple old hard drives onto one new disk: This is a really hard question to google because all the answers keep pointing to the New Striped Volume solution which isn't what I'm after. I have multiple old hard drives from old PCs that have the old OS and files on them. Some 250GB, 1TB, 2TB etc. I bought a new 8TB...
  7. Safe to wipe and merge hard disk drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to wipe and merge hard disk drive?: [IMG] submitted by /u/colmoriordan194 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gu4iv5/safe_to_wipe_and_merge_hard_disk_drive/
  8. One Drive and multiple disks

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive and multiple disks: Windows 10 - Latest version. My main data drive has a folder OneDrive which synchronizes with the cloud OneDrive. I have also set OneDrive to synchronize with a couple of folders on another drive. The problem is that these files are now duplicated on the OneDrive folder in...
  9. Desktop merged with hard drive

Desktop merged with hard drive: I was messing around with my hard drive trying to move my downloads, documents, etc. to the hard drive, but I somehow merged my desktop and hard drive, so now in quick access is doesn't appear as desktop it appears as D:/, how do I undo this?...
  10. Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated

Merging 2 hard drives, one Dynamic, one Unallocated: [IMG]Hi, I want to merge my C: drive disk 0 with an Unallocated drive on Disk 1. Is there any way I can do this without using a third party Partition Program? There is 33.53 GB left on the C: drive and the Unallocated drive is 465.75 GB When I right-click, the Extend...