Windows 10: Merging Non-adjacent Disk Partitions Through Window's Disk Management GUI

Discus and support Merging Non-adjacent Disk Partitions Through Window's Disk Management GUI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, From what I've found so far, it doesn't look like Window's Disk Management GUI supports the function to merge two non-adjacent paritions. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KyleLee3, Apr 8, 2020.

1. KyleLee3 Win User

Merging Non-adjacent Disk Partitions Through Window's Disk Management GUI

Hi,

From what I've found so far, it doesn't look like Window's Disk Management GUI supports the function to merge two non-adjacent paritions. For example, I am not able to merge the 105.94 GB of Unallocated space to C Drive; the extend volume option is greyed out. see screenshot

I have come across suggestions of using third-party software such as EaseUS to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e-volume/e6a5f085-8e95-487c-95aa-88055f4b3269.

However, I'd rather put my trust in windows native features for important operations such as this. So I am wondering why doesn't windows support this function natively? Because this seems like a vey basic/important feature.

Is it because of lack of demand/priorities or is it because this is a operation is super risky/dangerous? if the latter, could you elaborate on the potential risks and what to what out for?

Merging Non-adjacent Disk Partitions Through Window's Disk Management GUI [​IMG]

:)

KyleLee3, Apr 8, 2020

2. Merging to non-adjacent partitions

How do I merge two non-adjacent partitions in Windows 10?

Tony M_814, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Merging to non-adjacent partitions

Hi Tony,

Windows disk management tools are rather limited, you will need a third party tool such as AOMEI partition assistant to achieve this.

you need to move the partitions so that they are adjacent, then merge them.

Partition Manager Software: Partition Magic Alternative for Windows PC and Server | AOMEI Partition Assistant

(other tools are available, I happen to use this one)

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Merging Non-adjacent Disk Partitions Through Window's Disk Management GUI

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Merging Non-adjacent Disk Partitions Through Window's Disk Management GUI :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Merging Non-adjacent Disk Partitions Through Window's Disk Management GUI

1. Merging Non-adjacent Disk Partitions Through Window's Disk Management GUI - Similar Threads - Merging Non adjacent

2. Can I delete Recovery Partitions? Merging non-adjacent partitions in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete Recovery Partitions? Merging non-adjacent partitions in Windows 11: I want to merge the OS and DATA partitions on my HDD, but Disk Management does not allow for non-adjacent partitions to be merged together. I am aware of the existence of third-party software such as EaseUS for this purpose but I am reluctant to use those software due to a...
  3. Can I delete Recovery Partitions? Merging non-adjacent partitions in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete Recovery Partitions? Merging non-adjacent partitions in Windows 11: I want to merge the OS and DATA partitions on my HDD, but Disk Management does not allow for non-adjacent partitions to be merged together. I am aware of the existence of third-party software such as EaseUS for this purpose but I am reluctant to use those software due to a...
  4. Disk Management - Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management - Partitions: Descobri que meu SSD de 1Tb diminuiu para 222 Gb.o que posso fazer? Posso juntar os volumes 1 e 3 ao 0 zero? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-partitions/8badfd33-7d4f-4f4b-96b6-be7c1d182fb1
  5. Disk Management - Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management - Partitions: Descobri que meu SSD de 1Tb diminuiu para 222 Gb.o que posso fazer? Posso juntar os volumes 1 e 3 ao 0 zero? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-management-partitions/8badfd33-7d4f-4f4b-96b6-be7c1d182fb1
  6. Disk Management - Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Disk Management - Partitioning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management - Partitioning: Trying to partition my old HD to use for sys image storage for my new SSD. Allocation went fine but problems creating a volume. Using the defaults except for the drive letter when I go to finish I get a warning that I am trying to convert that drive from basic to dynamic and...
  8. Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.: I bought a new pc, but when they set it up for me, they split the single drive into two partitions. I've been trying to merge them again, but there's a Healthy Recovery partition between the C drive and the D drive partitions. I've downloaded AOMEI Partition assistant, but...
  9. Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging non-adjacent partitions on the same disk.: I bought a new pc, but when they set it up for me, they split the single drive into two partitions. I've been trying to merge them again, but there's a Healthy Recovery partition between the C drive and the D drive partitions. I've downloaded AOMEI Partition assistant, but...
  10. Merging to non-adjacent partitions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merging to non-adjacent partitions: How do I merge two non-adjacent partitions in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-to-non-adjacent-partitions/b30e9a7a-875c-4f2f-898a-91a2e87920b4