Windows 10: Merging of documents videos and pictures...

Discus and support Merging of documents videos and pictures... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried moving documents, videos, and pictures from C drive to D drive and they got merged. Now how do i separate them?????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaavs, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Kaavs Win User

Merging of documents videos and pictures...

I tried moving documents, videos, and pictures from C drive to D drive and they got merged. Now how do i separate them?????

:)

Kaavs, Dec 30, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. mrgeek Win User
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Merging of documents videos and pictures... [​IMG]

mrgeek, Dec 30, 2018
  4. aikiscott Win User

This PC Downloads and Documents have merged and can't be separated

LCDR,

See below. Under This PC there are 2 Downloads folders. In the actual <username> folder on C:, there are no Downloads, Music, or Videos folders.

Merging of documents videos and pictures... [​IMG]

So, under This PC, I have the following entries that point as shown:
    Desktop c:\users\scott\desktop
    Downloads e:\downloads
    Downloads e:\downloads
    Music e:\music
    Pictures e:\pictures
    Videos e:\videos

All of these are as I intended except one of the Downloads folder should be Documents and point to e:\documents.
    BTW, retired CDR here, so I dig your username. Much appreciate the help.

aikiscott, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Merging of documents videos and pictures... - Similar Threads - Merging documents videos

2. Merge the main document and data source in mail merge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge the main document and data source in mail merge: Merge the main document and data source in mail merge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merge-the-main-document-and-data-source-in-mail/ede274f4-484a-4ca2-b387-01635ff011ad
  3. Merge the main document and data source in mail merge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merge the main document and data source in mail merge: Merge the main document and data source in mail merge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merge-the-main-document-and-data-source-in-mail/ede274f4-484a-4ca2-b387-01635ff011ad
  4. Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared: I was trying to move my folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" from C drive to D drive, somehow I merged them by mistake and now none of them is visible. I tried to recover them but all I did failed. What can I do?...
  5. Accidentally merged Documents and Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally merged Documents and Desktop: I accidentally merged the folders. Then downloaded a restore registry file and now i am locked out. Please help submitted by /u/authenticsaif123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4e8fn/accidentally_merged_documents_and_desktop/
  6. Merge Document Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Merge Document Folders: Runing Win 10 1909 I have the normal Documents folder in Local Disc C:\users/owner/documents. I also have created a Documents folder in another drive E. I want to move the content on E to the other Documents folder. What is the correct procedure so I don't lost any links to...
  7. How to merge document folders

How to merge document folders: I have 5 Document folders in File Explorer and haven't created any of them on purpose. Is there an easy way to combine them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-merge-document-folders/1bd785df-2804-467c-95a4-9f5a3f56b0d3"
  8. Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emblems for Assigned Documents, Pictures, Videos, etc. Folders: Hello! I just reassigned my default Pictures, Videos, Documents, etc. folders to folders on my secondary drive to save space on my performance drive. All the little emblems updated for each folder, except for the Pictures and Documents folders, and my OCD isn't liking it....
  9. Download and Documents folders merged

Download and Documents folders merged: Hey everyone, So I tried to change the default user locations for my downloads, videos, documents and etc folders from the C to the D drive. While doing so, somehow, I merged the documents and downloads folder into one even though they still show separately. When I...
  10. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...