Windows 10: Merging the C drive with the D drive

Discus and support Merging the C drive with the D drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to merge my drives and searching up how to do it. I have come to an area where I can't go any further. I have allocated space on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Travis_122, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Merging the C drive with the D drive

I have been trying to merge my drives and searching up how to do it. I have come to an area where I can't go any further. I have allocated space on my D drive by shrinking it. I have unallocated space on the d drive but when I try to extend my C drive it is grayed out. Is anybody able to help?

:)

Travis_122, Sep 25, 2022

2. how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Sep 25, 2022
  3. how to merge c drive and d drive

How can I merge the disk space on hard drive partitions c and d?

BonnieMacdonald, Sep 25, 2022
  4. BobReetz Win User

Merging the C drive with the D drive

merging C & D drives

I have a Compute Stick with a 32G C drive. I've added a 200G micro SD card for a D drive. How can I merge the two so it thinks I have one 232G drive? 32G went really fast

BobReetz, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Merging the C drive with the D drive

1. Merging the C drive with the D drive - Similar Threads - Merging drive drive

2. Merging the C drive with the D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merging the C drive with the D drive: I have been trying to merge my drives and searching up how to do it. I have come to an area where I can't go any further. I have allocated space on my D drive by shrinking it. I have unallocated space on the d drive but when I try to extend my C drive it is grayed out. Is...
  3. Merging the C drive with the D drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging the C drive with the D drive: I have been trying to merge my drives and searching up how to do it. I have come to an area where I can't go any further. I have allocated space on my D drive by shrinking it. I have unallocated space on the d drive but when I try to extend my C drive it is grayed out. Is...
  4. Can't merge drive C: and D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't merge drive C: and D:: As the title says i want to merge my two disks into one, but the extend option is greyed out on the disk manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-merge-drive-c-and-d/15ee7a18-e393-45bc-8b7c-038de32af610
  5. Can't merge drive C: and D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't merge drive C: and D:: As the title says i want to merge my two disks into one, but the extend option is greyed out on the disk manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-merge-drive-c-and-d/15ee7a18-e393-45bc-8b7c-038de32af610
  6. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  7. I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.: [IMG][IMG]Now I have program files in both my C and D drives. I have sent you 2 images, please consider my request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive/1d19a627-e84a-4622-a72e-91ed005a5c7c
  8. Merging C and D drive to one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging C and D drive to one drive: Im currently got a small 128 gb ssd and a 2tb hdd in my system, I would like to upgrade to a single 2tb ssd is it possible to retain all data and software installed or is it best to do a fresh install of windows....
  9. Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Merge C drive with D drive.: While looking in my system files, I saw that my storage space was low, I went to disk management and took some Unallocated space out of my D drive Unused While I was trying to merge them, I realized that the button was only able to fill the D drive, My C drive was the OS one,...
  10. Is it a good idea to merge the C: and D: drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it a good idea to merge the C: and D: drive?: I have a C: drive that is the default location for all my downloads, and my D: drive is completely empty. I thought to merge them both so as to give more space on one drive. This website here tells me the steps to do it without installing any third party software[In the...