Windows 10: Merging two(?) partitions

Discus and support Merging two(?) partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop (it came with FreeDOS) and wanted to do a fast & clean Windows 10 install, so: 1. I get the boot order right, 2. Boot from my USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 81VT, May 12, 2021.

1. 81VT Win User

Merging two(?) partitions

I bought a new laptop (it came with FreeDOS) and wanted to do a fast & clean Windows 10 install, so: 1. I get the boot order right, 2. Boot from my USB stick, 3. Pick the partition and install. It seems, in haste, I forgot about something(?), because the moment I got the account running and started disk management (just to fast check things)...: Imgur: The magic of the Internet My question is: I simply format D and merge it with C, for there's no need partitioning further a 512GB SSD? Thanks.

:)

2. foxslink Win User

Cant merge Partitions

Hi folks,
    i was trying to merge a partition to another one but i couldnt, it said i didnt have GPT or that i dont have enough space to extend it, does anyone know why? there is only 1 unallocated partition im trying to merge into another partition that has files, the idea is to keep the files intact. i tried deleting it then using the extend function but nada. pls help

foxslink, May 12, 2021
  3. Toothless Win User
    Cant merge Partitions

Move the files, backed up. Use Easeus to delete both partitions, merge, make new parition, and move files back.

Toothless, May 12, 2021
  4. Merging two(?) partitions

Disk management can't merge two partition. (One of them was a linux based partition)

Hi Kevin,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you not able to merge or extend the space used by a specific partition on the hard drive. one possible cause could be due to the unallocated space having a different file format. For us to resolve
    your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Was the option "extend volume" greyed out?
    • Were there any error messages when you attempted to extend or merge the unallocated space?
    • What file system did you use when you formatted the partition?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

As an initial recommendation, you can have a look at the post of Waido2525 in this
    thread. His answer received 191 votes from people that have resolved their
    issue following the suggested steps.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Merging two(?) partitions

1. Merging two(?) partitions - Similar Threads - Merging partitions

2. Need to merge partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to merge partitions: I've just image restored a Windows 10 CSM/MBR backup to new hardware supporting TPM and UEFI,. The original drive was 1TB, but only 500G used, with 3 partitions/volumes. The new drive is 1TB. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and the machine boots successfully. The restore process...
  3. Need to merge partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to merge partitions: I've just image restored a Windows 10 CSM/MBR backup to new hardware supporting TPM and UEFI,. The original drive was 1TB, but only 500G used, with 3 partitions/volumes. The new drive is 1TB. I've upgraded to Windows 11 and the machine boots successfully. The restore process...
  4. How can I merge partitions without lossing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I merge partitions without lossing data: As I have shared the Image I want to merge 4 partitions into 1 in Disk 0. REDI want to merge 2 partitions into 1 in Disk 1. GREENIs it possible to merge the partitions....
  5. How can I merge partitions without lossing data

How can I merge partitions without lossing data: As I have shared the Image I want to merge 4 partitions into 1 in Disk 0. REDI want to merge 2 partitions into 1 in Disk 1. GREENIs it possible to merge the partitions....
  6. How can I merge the OS C: partition and the "116.21 GB Unallocated" partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I merge the OS C: partition and the "116.21 GB Unallocated" partition?: Hi,How can I merge the OS partition on Disk 1 with the Unallocated partition on Disk 1? They are separated by the "Healthy EFI System Partition", and I am unable to merge them because of this.This is a link to the Disk Manager app. How can I merge the "OS C:" and the...
  7. How can I merge the OS C: partition and the "116.21 GB Unallocated" partition?

How can I merge the OS C: partition and the "116.21 GB Unallocated" partition?: Hi,How can I merge the OS partition on Disk 1 with the Unallocated partition on Disk 1? They are separated by the "Healthy EFI System Partition", and I am unable to merge them because of this.This is a link to the Disk Manager app. How can I merge the "OS C:" and the...
  8. hello how can i merge the recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello how can i merge the recovery partitions: i installled linux in a usb drive and some how linux make a recovry partition in the drive of windows i want to merge this partion or deleted but i dont know how note:- i dont know what partition it is...
  9. hello how can i merge the recovery partitions

hello how can i merge the recovery partitions: i installled linux in a usb drive and some how linux make a recovry partition in the drive of windows i want to merge this partion or deleted but i dont know how note:- i dont know what partition it is...
  10. Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?

Should I Merge this Unallocated Partition?: Hi, i just want to ask something here and let the picture tell everything.PartisiSo should i merge them my harddisk ? is there any problem if i merge them that allocated D to the unallocated one?...