Windows 10: Merging Windows accounts

Discus and support Merging Windows accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i initally signed into my windows under my alt gmail account. however it had been a while since then and i decided to buy the xbox game pass on my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rejoiceyadli, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Merging Windows accounts

i initally signed into my windows under my alt gmail account. however it had been a while since then and i decided to buy the xbox game pass on my main gmail. however i had had games in the alt account that i still play with progressis there anyway to merge these accounts so that i am able to keep my progress? everything i open the games from the alt account, it switches me the new account and removes all my progress

:)

rejoiceyadli, Apr 5, 2022

2. merging two accounts?/

Hi George,

There are several account types used in the Windows 10 operating system, this includes the administrator accounts, local user accounts, personal email accounts and your Microsoft account. Some accounts can be merged but do take note that this depends on
    what you would like to merge. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When you mentioned that after changing an account password you now have two accounts, we would like to confirm if what you mean is that another new account under a different name got created instead?
    • What is the account that you were attempting to change the password on?
    • We would also like to confirm what is that account that you would like to merge?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Is it possible to merge two Windows accounts?

Hi Michal,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like you inform user account merging is not available. You can move the data of user account manually to other user account.
    Follow the steps below for the same:

• Use Windows Explorer to navigate to C:\Users to the account you want to COPY.

• Right Click on the Folders (and/or files) and COPY

• Go to the other account and PASTE where you want to put them.

• Repeat as needed.
    Do not delete the folders and files from the account they are in until you are sure they are duplicated where you need them.

Hope the above information helps.

Feel free to post if you have any further query on Windows.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

Merging Windows accounts

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Merging Windows accounts

1. Merging Windows accounts - Similar Threads - Merging accounts

2. I want to merge 2 accounts on my windows laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to merge 2 accounts on my windows laptop.: I had made 2 accounts in my windows 11 Dev Channel, Build 26058 laptop - Local and Admin. I want to merge my local account into the admin account including apps, browser settings, files, everything...
  3. I want to merge 2 accounts on my windows laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to merge 2 accounts on my windows laptop.: I had made 2 accounts in my windows 11 Dev Channel, Build 26058 laptop - Local and Admin. I want to merge my local account into the admin account including apps, browser settings, files, everything...
  4. everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...: Tried the inPrivate browsing mode, deleted the account and initiated the account linking process, still doesnt work. Confirmed the academics verification received via mail from Microsoft and then re-initiated the merge with personal account, still doesnt work Need help...
  5. everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...

everytime i merge my university's MS account with my personal account, it throws an error -...: Tried the inPrivate browsing mode, deleted the account and initiated the account linking process, still doesnt work. Confirmed the academics verification received via mail from Microsoft and then re-initiated the merge with personal account, still doesnt work Need help...
  6. i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.: i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-accounts-i-need-to-merge-the-accounts/301f8860-0fd6-40de-a6c9-1c80839a680c
  7. i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.

i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.: i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-accounts-i-need-to-merge-the-accounts/301f8860-0fd6-40de-a6c9-1c80839a680c
  8. i have two accounts i need to merge the accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to merge or delete Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to merge or delete Microsoft accounts: I have five computers and I went over them all to decide which ones to toss out. I was surprised to see I have three MS accounts. and it looks like I cannot merge them into one? I do not share any of the computers with anyone else and do not need separate accounts. The...
  10. How to merge or delete Microsoft accounts

How to merge or delete Microsoft accounts: I have five computers and I went over them all to decide which ones to toss out. I was surprised to see I have three MS accounts. and it looks like I cannot merge them into one? I do not share any of the computers with anyone else and do not need separate accounts. The...