Windows 10: mermgr.exe keeps jumping and uses CPU up

Discus and support mermgr.exe keeps jumping and uses CPU up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi: Several days ago, my CPU began to be occupied by countless mermgr.exe processes (Windows Problem Reporting). I ran the Scan File Checker and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chenrandu, Nov 23, 2018.

1. chenrandu Win User

mermgr.exe keeps jumping and uses CPU up

Hi:

Several days ago, my CPU began to be occupied by countless mermgr.exe processes (Windows Problem Reporting). I ran the Scan File Checker and it did not report any problem.

To solve this, I tried to

1) disable the Problem Reporting & Windows Error Reporting service;

2) change the feedback frequncy in Settings- Privacy;

3) change queueing reporting in Task Schedule Center ( maybe not the accurate name), but it turned out as “Task Schedule Center cannot connect...” , so it failed.

In addition, I have run DISM scan in administrator cmd, but I encountered “ERROR 5 calling denied”.

Could you please give me some advice?

Du

:)

chenrandu, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 23, 2018
  4. JaYp146 Win User

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. mermgr.exe keeps jumping and uses CPU up - Similar Threads - mermgr exe keeps

2. CPU Temperature jumping up and down all of a sudden

in Windows 10 News
    CPU Temperature jumping up and down all of a sudden: [IMG]There can be many reasons why your CPU might have sudden temperature spikes and dips. This will explain the reasons, and then share how you can fix it: Causes for sudden temperature spikes and dips in CPU Fluctuating CPU Load: Modern CPUs are excellent in power...
  3. Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up: I decided to give Defender a try about a week ago and deleted Avast A/V.I use Pegasus for my email software and when I delete a group of emails, the CPU usage jumps way up and Pegasus says NOT RESPONDING for quite a while. Task manager shows that Antimalware Service...
  4. Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up: I decided to give Defender a try about a week ago and deleted Avast A/V.I use Pegasus for my email software and when I delete a group of emails, the CPU usage jumps way up and Pegasus says NOT RESPONDING for quite a while. Task manager shows that Antimalware Service...
  5. Deleting Emails- Defender slows up the process / CPU use jumps way up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. MSN news jumping around will not keep story up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN news jumping around will not keep story up: How do I stop msn page from shifting around get read articles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-jumping-around-will-not-keep-story-up/19f51309-021b-495b-a8d0-ecb060dfcc8c
  7. MSN news jumping around will not keep story up

MSN news jumping around will not keep story up: How do I stop msn page from shifting around get read articles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-jumping-around-will-not-keep-story-up/19f51309-021b-495b-a8d0-ecb060dfcc8c
  8. CPU is jumping while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU is jumping while playing: Is it ok? It wasn't like this before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-is-jumping-while-playing/354800bd-9bc6-4e75-b770-bb83cd6521a1
  9. CPU is jumping while playing

CPU is jumping while playing: Is it ok? It wasn't like this before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-is-jumping-while-playing/354800bd-9bc6-4e75-b770-bb83cd6521a1
  10. CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CEIP - rundll32.exe high CPU use in Win 10?: Hi, I found my CPU being used to 50% by rundll32.exe invagent,RunUpdate -noappraiser QwarAFRPWUiri4M6.4 which from Win 7/8 reports appears to be sthg to do with the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Process Explorer seemed no help on this, and I've been running...