Windows 10: Mesh...golly...but NETSH isn't much help

Discus and support Mesh...golly...but NETSH isn't much help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just tidied up installing a 3-hub (one main router, two APs connected over WiFi)-mesh system in my house. It replaces a conventional router and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ShePointsIDig, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Mesh...golly...but NETSH isn't much help

I just tidied up installing a 3-hub (one main router, two APs connected over WiFi)-mesh system in my house. It replaces a conventional router and a bunch of WiFi extenders which did the job. Sort of...

Anyway, I'm using the TP-Link Deco WiFi6 X60 system and it is doing well, about 225 Mbps down. I still needed one extender to reach my RV in its own little driveway out away from the house; it pumps out an astounding 300 Mbytes of data per month.

I have about 20 devices running on this network.

The little app that comes with the Deco system has a page called "WiFi Detective" that lists all the connections to the network, but it's pretty terse, doesn't fit on one page, and I can't seem to save it anywhere. I'd like to print it out and pore over it to make sure some crook isn't nestled down in there.

Network Shell <NETSH> isn't much help:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> netsh wlan show networks

SSID 1 : Chief Thunderthud
    Network type : Infrastructure
    Authentication : WPA2-Personal
    Encryption : CCMP

Within the house, the three hubs together broadcast 6 WiFi signals with SSID "Chief Thunderthud," consisting of two bands for the router and two for each AP. The only way to definitively tell which is which involves unplugging the APs, checking the two MAC addresses associated with the Chief Thunderthud SSID of the main router, then plugging in one AP, checking what got added, then plugging in the second AP and seeing what else got added.

So you end up with one SSID name, but six MACs associated with that one SSID. Who knew???

A variation of the <tree> command that displays every MAC associated with each (one in this case) SSID would be great. Anyone know of something that would do this?

Windows 10 Home, 64bit.

Art
    Shameless User

:)

ShePointsIDig, Dec 19, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 19, 2020
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Jakub578 Win User

Mesh...golly...but NETSH isn't much help

Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Mesh...golly...but NETSH isn't much help

1. Mesh...golly...but NETSH isn't much help - Similar Threads - Mesh golly NETSH

2. MESH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MESH: SIX60 Maliil does answer to the exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mesh/75496464-2ff0-4a9e-a240-c42577cc6793
  3. MESH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MESH: SIX60 Maliil does answer to the exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mesh/75496464-2ff0-4a9e-a240-c42577cc6793
  4. MESH

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Netsh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netsh: CMDNetshnetshnetsh.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E6%AD%A3%E5%B8%B8%E4%BD%BF/2ccbf0bb-0528-430c-bb89-a4f6274b4fdc
  6. Netsh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netsh: CMDNetshnetshnetsh.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E6%AD%A3%E5%B8%B8%E4%BD%BF/2ccbf0bb-0528-430c-bb89-a4f6274b4fdc
  7. NETSH command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NETSH command: Playing around with the command as a utility to troubleshoot connectivity issues. Running this command gives a bunch of great info but I would like to have it save the html file to a specific path. Can't find info on doing that . Does anyone know ? netsh wlan show...
  8. Mesh...golly...but NETSH isn't much help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mesh...golly...but NETSH isn't much help: I just tidied up installing a 3-hub (one main router, two APs connected over WiFi)-mesh system in my house. It replaces a conventional router and a bunch of WiFi extenders which did the job. Sort of... Anyway, I'm using the TP-Link Deco WiFi6 X60 system and it is doing well,...
  9. NETSH Command - Help please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NETSH Command - Help please: Hi, I may have the wrong end of the stick here but I'm trying to assign my printer a static IP using NETSH. My printer does not allow this on the printer control panel. I have tried adding an exception in the router but this has been problematic. This is the command I'm...
  10. Reinstall-not much helpful

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstall-not much helpful: Been having trouble since day one. Reinstalled win10 today (wiping harddrive and reinstall). Works ok as long as I don't touch the start-menu. If I do that the screen blacks out every few seconds constantly and the cursor freezes. HP Pavilion Notebook Win 10 Home I'm...