Windows 10: Meshed up Greek language characters

Discus and support Meshed up Greek language characters in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I' ve installed-upgraded a PC into Windows 10 Creators Update 15063.138. The problem is that when I use an installed program and try to use the Greek... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zanegl, Apr 17, 2017.

1. zanegl Win User

Meshed up Greek language characters

I' ve installed-upgraded a PC into Windows 10 Creators Update 15063.138. The problem is that when I use an installed program and try to use the Greek keyboard on its options or input fields, the characters are something like "|||||||..." and when I switch to native OS language US, the characters are as expected. The problem doesn't exist on previous 14393.1066 edition as I have the same program installed on another PC and the characters present as expected on BOTH languages. I tried and switched the system font using a notepad editor and the registry, I installed Greek language pack and used it as main system language and run the program, but the problem remained! I can't seem to be able to use properly the Greek keyboard characters. I have to mention of course that when I open a notepad txt, or a word document, the Greek characters are there!! I used compatibility settings, older editions of Windows, but it drives me nuts! Can anyone help me ?? I have to point out that the program, whose menus are in US English, was installed and re-installed on both OS languages on Creators Edition, but I can'get it to work..

Flash update: Neither Microsoft's engineers nor their Remote Desktop support (via LogMeIn) couldn't resolve my issue..They performed the same steps as I did (I watched them..) they even created another user profile, in case mine was corrupted, but...NOTHING was repaired... Too bad..I'll have to wait (??!!) in case another update resolves my problem..They even proposed to revert to my previous Windows 10 edition (14393.1066)!!! Of course I knew to do that, but I didn't want that to happen.. I expected MORE from their support, as I performed every action they proposed,before they did...

:)

zanegl, Apr 17, 2017
  2. th econ Win User

Limit to 70 character Greek SMS instead of 160 for HTC 8S (Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview)

Unfortunately, this setting ("network+") is Nokia Lumia exclusive. HTC does not support it.

th econ, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Limit to 70 character Greek SMS instead of 160 for HTC 8S (Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview)

I wonder if changing this setting would make a difference without meshing up your Greek language text messages......

Go to Settings > network+ (advanced call settings)

Tap the box under "SMS character set," change the setting from "full" to "reduced"

Soft reset phone, then go check.....

Meshed up Greek language characters [​IMG]

Julie fka profjulie, Apr 17, 2017
  4. Meshed up Greek language characters

with a program which seems not to support unicode (BreezeBrowser Pro) - greek Directory and File Names are displayed as "||||||". Have set GREEK as locale for non-unicode programs.
    This didn't happen with the previous windows 10 version (nor with win7 before)

Please update and inform when solution is available !

theodosios, Apr 19, 2017
  5. theodosios, May 27, 2017
  6. zanegl Win User
    Yeah, at last!! It's exactly the hotfix needed!!

zanegl, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Meshed up Greek language characters

1. Meshed up Greek language characters - Similar Threads - Meshed Greek language

2. MESH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MESH: SIX60 Maliil does answer to the exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mesh/75496464-2ff0-4a9e-a240-c42577cc6793
  3. MESH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MESH: SIX60 Maliil does answer to the exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mesh/75496464-2ff0-4a9e-a240-c42577cc6793
  4. MESH

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why some greek characters inside txt files are "hieroglyphs"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why some greek characters inside txt files are "hieroglyphs"?: Hi,Does One Drive changing the characters in txt file? How can i change that? I want to change from "hieroglyphs" to greek . Why is this happening?I have noticed in some txt files where they are normal Greek characters it shows "hieroglyphs" only in the Windows 10 OneDrive...
  6. Why some greek characters inside txt files are "hieroglyphs"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why some greek characters inside txt files are "hieroglyphs"?: Hi,Does One Drive changing the characters in txt file? How can i change that? I want to change from "hieroglyphs" to greek . Why is this happening?I have noticed in some txt files where they are normal Greek characters it shows "hieroglyphs" only in the Windows 10 OneDrive...
  7. Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program: Hello,I'm using a third-party program on Windows 10 and I have a huge problem with Greek characters in it.The program is old I think its last version was released back in 1999 - I have no other alternative but there's no need to enter into details.... It's a kind of database...
  8. Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Greek characters break into gibberish in an old program: Hello,I'm using a third-party program on Windows 10 and I have a huge problem with Greek characters in it.The program is old I think its last version was released back in 1999 - I have no other alternative but there's no need to enter into details.... It's a kind of database...
  9. Non unicode Greek charactes problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non unicode Greek charactes problem: Hello, I tried a lot to install a greek engineering software, but i have a serious problem with my non unicode characters. I own a razer blade 14" 2017 bought from america if that make any sense. I made without changing something those steps: - Control...
  10. After Last update cannot see Greek and special characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Last update cannot see Greek and special characters: After Last update I cannot see on printing preview special and Greek characters any more. The program I m trying to print is very old and I 've meet similar problems on previews updates. But I dont whant to reverse I just whant to resolve this problem. The deference now is...