Windows 10: Message after switching from hard drive to OneDrive for backup

Discus and support Message after switching from hard drive to OneDrive for backup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, When I started using OneDrive for backing up my PC Windows 10 laptop, I permanently unplugged my external hard drive. As a result I keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rdmarcus, Mar 18, 2020.

1. rdmarcus Win User

Message after switching from hard drive to OneDrive for backup

Hi,
    When I started using OneDrive for backing up
    my PC Windows 10 laptop, I permanently
    unplugged my external hard drive. As a result
    I keep getting notifications to "Reconnect
    your drive". Is OneDrive affected in any way
    by this? How do I get rid of the notification?
    Thanks!

:)

rdmarcus, Mar 18, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Mar 18, 2020
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Message after switching from hard drive to OneDrive for backup

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

MS in Europe is now rolling out its plan of scaling down free OneDrive from 15GB to 5GB. I'm sure all long-time teckies knew this was coming. The strategy has been used a thousand times before... offer a free service, bait the customer, build a critical mass, and later, switch, to paid.

Are YOU going to be baited and switch to the pay-to-use OneDrive model? Or will you leave, or will you switch to another solution altogether? Other cloud provider, or build your own eg. Internet connected NAS from Synology or Qnap or other. Last year I got myself a RS815+ for backups and to play with the synology cloud-syncing-apps. What will you do? What are your solutions to backup or always-available-access to your data?

lemonadesoda, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Message after switching from hard drive to OneDrive for backup

1. Message after switching from hard drive to OneDrive for backup - Similar Threads - Message switching hard

2. Trying to backup to an external hard drive - not OneDrive. Error message says I don't have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to backup to an external hard drive - not OneDrive. Error message says I don't have...: I backup my surface windows 11 using OneDrive but I want to drag and drop some folders to an external hard drive. I receive an error message saying I don't have enough storage space in OneDrive to transfer the files. I have paused the OneDrive sync but this didn't fix the...
  3. Trying to backup to an external hard drive - not OneDrive. Error message says I don't have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to backup to an external hard drive - not OneDrive. Error message says I don't have...: I backup my surface windows 11 using OneDrive but I want to drag and drop some folders to an external hard drive. I receive an error message saying I don't have enough storage space in OneDrive to transfer the files. I have paused the OneDrive sync but this didn't fix the...
  4. Backup OneDrive to External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup OneDrive to External Hard Drive: I am using Windows 10 with OneDrive. I am also using Seagate ToolKit with a Seagate external drive to back up my computer.I thought Seagate was backing up my files on OneDrive along with my computer. It's not. Specifically, the files in the OneDrive folder are not being...
  5. Backup OneDrive to External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup OneDrive to External Hard Drive: I am using Windows 10 with OneDrive. I am also using Seagate ToolKit with a Seagate external drive to back up my computer.I thought Seagate was backing up my files on OneDrive along with my computer. It's not. Specifically, the files in the OneDrive folder are not being...
  6. Backup OneDrive to External Hard Drive

7. Hard Drive Switching

Hard Drive Switching: Hi All,I'm currently switching hard drives as I am out of space on my Primary Windows C: Drive. So I'm switching to a drive with more space. I have a recovery windows USB drive ready to go and an image back up on another drive as well made on Marcium. The problem I'm having...
  8. Hard Drive Switching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Switching: Hi All,I'm currently switching hard drives as I am out of space on my Primary Windows C: Drive. So I'm switching to a drive with more space. I have a recovery windows USB drive ready to go and an image back up on another drive as well made on Marcium. The problem I'm having...
  9. hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard drive backup: How do I backup my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-backup/4c142105-4de1-4e4c-a3dc-fcca8a0c8cd2
  10. Switching backup drives.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching backup drives.: How do I get my system to backup on my c:\ drive instead of the "backup drive" I have installed in the tower? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-backup-drives/25a7a015-c844-4c54-b04d-b8477df93e65