Windows 10: Message appears on restart of computer

Discus and support Message appears on restart of computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What does this mean and how do I solve this problem. Thanks so much!! virginia copy and pasted message below: Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.18362.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VirginiaGraber, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Message appears on restart of computer

What does this mean and how do I solve this problem.

Thanks so much!!

virginia

copy and pasted message below:

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.18362.1

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

Install Options
    </package | /i> <Product.msi>
    Installs or configures a product
    /a <Product.msi>
    Administrative install - Installs a product on the network
    /j<u|m> <Product.msi> [/t <Transform List>] [/g <Language ID>]
    Advertises a product - m to all users, u to current user
    </uninstall | /x> <Product.msi | ProductCode>
    Uninstalls the product
    Display Options
    /quiet
    Quiet mode, no user interaction
    /passive
    Unattended mode - progress bar only
    /q[n|b|r|f]
    Sets user interface level
    n - No UI
    b - Basic UI
    r - Reduced UI
    f - Full UI (default)
    /help
    Help information
    Restart Options
    /norestart
    Do not restart after the installation is complete
    /promptrestart
    Prompts the user for restart if necessary
    /forcerestart
    Always restart the computer after installation
    Logging Options
    /l[i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|x|+|!|*] <LogFile>
    i - Status messages
    w - Nonfatal warnings
    e - All error messages
    a - Start up of actions
    r - Action-specific records
    u - User requests
    c - Initial UI parameters
    m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information
    o - Out-of-disk-space messages
    p - Terminal properties
    v - Verbose output
    x - Extra debugging information
    + - Append to existing log file
    ! - Flush each line to the log
    * - Log all information, except for v and x options
    /log <LogFile>
    Equivalent of /l* <LogFile>
    Update Options
    /update <Update1.msp>[;Update2.msp]
    Applies update(s)
    /uninstall <PatchCodeGuid>[;Update2.msp] /package <Product.msi | ProductCode>
    Remove update(s) for a product
    Repair Options
    /f[p|e|c|m|s|o|d|a|u|v] <Product.msi | ProductCode>
    Repairs a product
    p - only if file is missing
    o - if file is missing or an older version is installed (default)
    e - if file is missing or an equal or older version is installed
    d - if file is missing or a different version is installed
    c - if file is missing or checksum does not match the calculated value
    a - forces all files to be reinstalled
    u - all required user-specific registry entries (default)
    m - all required computer-specific registry entries (default)
    s - all existing shortcuts (default)
    v - runs from source and recaches local package
    Setting Public Properties
    [PROPERTY=PropertyValue]

Consult the Windows ® Installer SDK for additional documentation on the
    command line syntax.

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.

:)

VirginiaGraber, Dec 14, 2019
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Dec 14, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Message appears on restart of computer :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Message appears on restart of computer

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Message appears on restart of computer

1. Message appears on restart of computer - Similar Threads - Message appears restart

2. Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...: from some reason i cant put screen shots so yeah :Hello ,i restarted my computer and after i finished the reset i tried to login into my microsoft account i entered the pin then i got a message that said "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile...
  3. Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...: from some reason i cant put screen shots so yeah :Hello ,i restarted my computer and after i finished the reset i tried to login into my microsoft account i entered the pin then i got a message that said "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile...
  4. Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. When I restarted the laptop, a message about installing updates appeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restarted the laptop, a message about installing updates appeared.: Hello. Today I encountered a strange problem. I decided to reboot my laptop before shutting it down since I haven't done this for a long time. But when I restarted the laptop, instead of the desktop, a black screen appeared with the message “Updates are being installed, do...
  6. When I restarted the laptop, a message about installing updates appeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I restarted the laptop, a message about installing updates appeared.: Hello. Today I encountered a strange problem. I decided to reboot my laptop before shutting it down since I haven't done this for a long time. But when I restarted the laptop, instead of the desktop, a black screen appeared with the message “Updates are being installed, do...
  7. Message received upon restart of computer - please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Message received upon restart of computer - please help: I get this message upon restart of computer: Run DLL There was a problem starting C:\Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll The specified file cannot be found How do I resolve this issue?...
  8. RESTART MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RESTART MESSAGE: Hi, I have recently have been getting this message "Your computer needs to be restarted to finish setting up device: RapidSolution SCSI Adapter" every time I boot up. I have used the troubleshooter but it didn't find any problems. I have also googled the issue with no...
  9. Message appears on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message appears on screen: Windows\System 32\LogilDA.dll. What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-appears-on-screen/e4c665f6-abb7-4ef7-80ea-59a613edb419
  10. appearance of message

in Windows 10 Customization
    appearance of message: How do I change how the cursor appears in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/appearance-of-message/2ff5e602-e258-4434-bddf-2c3f7dfcef1c