Windows 10: Message computer has been locked, illegal activity, ip address taken? then update & lost...

Discus and support Message computer has been locked, illegal activity, ip address taken? then update & lost... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was browsing www.pets4homes.co.uk and came across a listing with a link to their alleged website on persian cats.... but when I put in the website it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlisonBurton, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Message computer has been locked, illegal activity, ip address taken? then update & lost...

I was browsing www.pets4homes.co.uk and came across a listing with a link to their alleged website on persian cats.... but when I put in the website it came up with a voice message simular to my title. It then did an automatic update & I noticed a google chrome icon on my desk top saying 'Removed apps' with a long list of software that has been removed. What has happened & what do I need to do?

Examples of removed:

file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Removed%20Apps.html

App namePublisherVersion
    Adobe Acrobat DCAdobe Systems Incorporated19.012.20040
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DCAdobe Systems Incorporated19.012.20040
    Amazon KindleAmazon1.20.1.47037
    Atheros Client Installation ProgramAtheros9.0
    Broadcom 802.11 Network AdapterBroadcom Corporation5.60.48.55
    Brother MFL-Pro Suite DCP-330CBrother Industries, Ltd.1.0.3.0
    Citosof version 2.82.8
    EaseUS Data Recovery WizardEaseUS
    Google ChromeGoogle LLC76.0.3809.132
    GoTo OpenerLogMeIn, Inc.1.0.473
    GoToMeeting 10.0.1.14649LogMeIn, Inc.10.0.1.14649
    HP Dropbox PluginHP36.0.102.68541
    HP EmailSMTP PluginHP43.0.0.0
    HP FTP PluginHP43.0.0.0
    HP Google Drive PluginHP36.0.102.68541
    HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 series Basic Device SoftwareHP Inc.44.3.2218.18109
    HP OneDrive PluginHP36.0.0.0
    HP Photo CreationsHP1.0.0.9572
    HP SharePoint PluginHP43.0.0.0
    I.R.I.S OCRHP Inc.15.2.10.1114
    IntelR Processor GraphicsIntel Corporation9.17.10.3190
    IntelR Turbo Boost Technology Monitor 2.6Intel2.6.2.0
    Intel® PROSet/Wireless SoftwareIntel Corporation19.30.0
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010Microsoft Corporation14.0.7015.1000
    Microsoft OneDriveMicrosoft Corporation19.152.0801.0008
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219Microsoft Corporation10.0.40219
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219Microsoft Corporation10.0.40219
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 - 14.0.24215Microsoft Corporation14.0.24215.1
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime x64Microsoft Corporation10.0.50903
    M-zip 15.13.0.200008415.13.0.2000084
    Product Improvement Study for HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 seriesHP Inc.44.3.2218.18109
    Samsung MultiroomSamsung1.5.0
    Samsung UpdateSamsung Electronics Co., Ltd.2.2.34
    Skype version 8.51Skype Technologies S.A.8.51
    Skype Web PluginSkype Technologies S.A.7.32.6.278
    Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems KB4023057Microsoft Corporation2.61.0.0
    vSnapshot 1.2.0.0ShenZhen Xintong Techology co,.Ltd1.2.0.0
    Windows 10 Update AssistantMicrosoft Corporation1.4.9200.22391
    ZoomZoom Video Communications, Inc.4.1

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 5:54 PM This date is odd as it happened today 15th June 2020???

:)

AlisonBurton, Jun 15, 2020

2. IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Two computers on network with same IP address

Hi Bob,

You might be getting this error because more than one computer is using the same IP address, which is resulting in a conflict. If you are setting IP addresses manually using static IP addresses, it is important to check that each
    network device has a unique IP address.

If your router automatically assigns IP addresses using DHCP, you can try releasing and renewing your computer's IP assignment by following the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd in the search box, and then press Enter.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order:
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

We also recommend that you check your router settings for any conflicts in the DHCP settings. Additionally, check the manufacturer's website or support page for an updated driver for your router.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Message computer has been locked, illegal activity, ip address taken? then update & lost...

Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Message computer has been locked, illegal activity, ip address taken? then update & lost...

1. Message computer has been locked, illegal activity, ip address taken? then update & lost... - Similar Threads - Message computer has

2. My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...: My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that contain network violence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-locked-up-saying-that-my-ip/66e69c1e-4e01-44dd-b9bb-ee99cb8be435
  3. My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that...: My computer has been locked up. saying that my IP address was used to visit websites that contain network violence https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-locked-up-saying-that-my-ip/66e69c1e-4e01-44dd-b9bb-ee99cb8be435
  4. I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...: I'm getting "y computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit web sites that contain identity theft virus. Call support tb833-784-7766...
  5. I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...: I'm getting "y computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit web sites that contain identity theft virus. Call support tb833-784-7766...
  6. I'm getting "my computer has been locked up. My IP address has been used to visit website...

7. My computer has been locked up due to IP address used without consent.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been locked up due to IP address used without consent.: My computer has been locked up due to IP address used without consent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-locked-up-due-to-ip-address/2bde4fd8-3ab3-4089-86fa-9947f5372e0a
  8. My computer has been locked up due to IP address used without consent.

My computer has been locked up due to IP address used without consent.: My computer has been locked up due to IP address used without consent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-been-locked-up-due-to-ip-address/2bde4fd8-3ab3-4089-86fa-9947f5372e0a
  9. Lost IP Address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost IP Address: I am needing to connect to my att wifi router but it tells me that it cant find ip address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-ip-address/2342faf6-c484-45d9-8802-c3f734a70dbb
  10. How to tell if IP address has been compromised?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to tell if IP address has been compromised?: Received phone call this morning from "Microsoft" that my IP address was compromised by other's from different countries. Caller said I needed to change my IP address. Caller ID on phone was my first and last name and phone number. I have received e-mails from Romania and...