Windows 10: Message: "Could not find file CredDB2.CEF" When I open a particular program...

Discus and support Message: "Could not find file CredDB2.CEF" When I open a particular program... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get the message: "Could not find file CredDB2.CEF" * Moved from IE11/Windows 10 * Original title: When I open a particular program...... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlesWimsatt, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Message: "Could not find file CredDB2.CEF" When I open a particular program...

I get the message: "Could not find file CredDB2.CEF"

* Moved from IE11/Windows 10

* Original title: When I open a particular program...

:)

CharlesWimsatt, Dec 4, 2018

2. Restore the default option of "File is open in another program" message

Hi Mohammad,

We appreciate the details you shared. About your query in restoring the default option "File is open in another program" message, this is most likely to happen due to a certain setting previously disabled on your Folder View options. To rectify your issue,
    follow these steps:

• Using Windows Search, type File Explorer Options.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the View tab, click Restore Defaults.
    • Click Apply.
    • Hit OK.

This will allow you to revert to the settings previously applied to your files and folders. Afterwards, restart your device and check if you will see this message prompt when opening files in another program.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    CEF Initialization Error

Hi Lina,

To address your concern about the CEF error, we suggest that you uninstall the Softonic app if you have it installed, then restart your computer.

Kindly update us on the results.

Marby Rey, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Message: "Could not find file CredDB2.CEF" When I open a particular program...

Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Message: "Could not find file CredDB2.CEF" When I open a particular program...

1. Message: "Could not find file CredDB2.CEF" When I open a particular program... - Similar Threads - Message find file

2. "VpShellRed.dll could not be found" error message pops out when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "VpShellRed.dll could not be found" error message pops out when I open File Explorer: Hello all, Whenever I open my File Explorer, the error message "VpShellRes.dll could not be found" could pops out. Any idea how can I fix this ? I tried the following but nothing fix the problem. - Uninstalled and Reinstalled Norton. - Called Norton customer service, and they...
  3. "VpShellRed.dll could not be found" error message pops out when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "VpShellRed.dll could not be found" error message pops out when I open File Explorer: Hello all, Whenever I open my File Explorer, the error message "VpShellRes.dll could not be found" could pops out. Any idea how can I fix this ? I tried the following but nothing fix the problem. - Uninstalled and Reinstalled Norton. - Called Norton customer service, and they...
  4. How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?: In the choose default apps by file type I'm only given 3 options:Choose an app1. an app that doesn't work2. an app that doesn't open the file type in question3. Look for an app in the Microsoft Store hint: there are noneHow do I choose a .exe already on my computer which I...
  5. File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .: I tried everything available on Internet sfc /scannow chkdsk etc here is the error in event viewer... Fault bucket 1807279198899510965, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: explorer.exe P2: 10.0.19041.662 P3: 996782f8 P4:...
  6. File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when opening particular folders .: I tried everything available on Internet sfc /scannow chkdsk etc here is the error in event viewer... Fault bucket 1807279198899510965, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: explorer.exe P2: 10.0.19041.662 P3: 996782f8 P4:...
  7. when I install a program or open some files in Disk C:\ a message Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when I install a program or open some files in Disk C:\ a message Error: This is The error I get : C:\ProgramData\Toontrack is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted and then try again. If the location is on the network, make sure you 're connected to the network or Internet...
  8. Cannot find program message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot find program message: I am running Windows 10 and Office Enterprise 2007. Tonight I started getting the message 'Windows cannot find C:\Program Files 86\Microsoft Office\Office 12\winword.exe' but I can find them via file explorer. I have reinstalled Office, no change. What next?...
  9. One Particular Program Will Not Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One Particular Program Will Not Open: I recently attempted to install a Japanese game/visual novel on my computer, which has Windows 10. I think I was able to install it as a shortcut was created, as was a folder in Programs with an application file. I had my region set to Japan at the time. The version of the...
  10. Why am I getting this message when trying to access a particular file

in Windows 10 Support
    Why am I getting this message when trying to access a particular file: I get this message when trying to access particular folders. Is there a reason for this and can it be overcome. I'll give you a screenshot of what I'm talking about. 54362

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creddb2.cef

2. creddb.cef

3. CredDB2.CEF missing

4. Could not find file CredDB2.CEF,
  5. could not find the creddb.cef,
  6. anki creddb2.cef