Windows 10: Message: Error accessing registry

Discus and support Message: Error accessing registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to install some older software on WIN 10 which, according to the 'net, others have done successfully. When I try to run the set-up program, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Terry H, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Terry H Win User

I tried to install some older software on WIN 10 which, according to the 'net, others have done successfully.

When I try to run the set-up program, I get the above-referenced message. Research suggests this is usually due to "dead" entries in the registry left over from applications which were not completely removed and/or remnants from a previous version of Windows IE installing WIN 10 over top of Win 7 which might be the case with me

Several people on this forum have suggested "it's never a good idea to run a registry cleaner". This being the case, HOW do I find and remove the offending registry entries?

I may not be posting this to the correct topic.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Terry

:)

Terry H, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Error message "missing registry socket"

Hi Harry,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

I realize this may be frustrating. Now that you have me with you, let me take care of this.

Winsock or Windows Sockets is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform a Winsock Reset

• Open the Windows Start Screen or Start Menu and type
      cmd in the search box.
    • Right-click Command Prompt or cmd in the search results and select
      Run as Administrator.
    • Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter. Wait for Windows to finish resetting your Winsock configuration.
    • Reboot your computer.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps suggested by

Suvarna Govinda
    (replied on February 16, 2016) and check if it helps.

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" Connectivity Issues in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further

Abdul_Malik, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Message: Error accessing registry

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Message: Error accessing registry - Similar Threads - Message Error accessing

2. D:\ is not accessible ERROR message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D:\ is not accessible ERROR message: I have two hard drives that are from old computers. I need to view files on them. I have purchased an adapter... on Saturday I plugged it in and was able to view both hard drives of course not at the same time. I tried this morning and now I am getting an error message saying...
  3. D:\ is not accessible ERROR message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D:\ is not accessible ERROR message: I have two hard drives that are from old computers. I need to view files on them. I have purchased an adapter... on Saturday I plugged it in and was able to view both hard drives of course not at the same time. I tried this morning and now I am getting an error message saying...
  4. Procedure Access Error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Procedure Access Error Message: I get a "The specified procedure could not be found" error message when I try to open JPEG files. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/procedure-access-error-message/7e09e732-2dc0-40cf-bd93-a3f45b9d1900
  5. Procedure Access Error Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Procedure Access Error Message: I get a "The specified procedure could not be found" error message when I try to open JPEG files. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/procedure-access-error-message/7e09e732-2dc0-40cf-bd93-a3f45b9d1900
  6. Error accessing registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error accessing registry: I have a script I run which installs all my programs and games and basically compresses about 8 hours of work into 40 minutes. It makes lots of tweaks to the registry, services, tasks and so on. But I've been plagued for some time with problems importing registry files. I...
  7. Getting error message "invalid value for registry"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting error message "invalid value for registry": I recently moved to a new PC using Windows 10 PRO. When I try to display a JPG and PNG file a get an error message saying "invalid value for registry" how can I fix this?...
  8. Error message after attempting to export registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message after attempting to export registry: I was about to make a change my Windows 10 registry, so I went to create a full backup copy first. When I do this, I get the following message after the process completes: [ATTACH] I get the same result on both my SSD and my regular hard drive, so it's not a problem with...
  9. keyboard accessibility error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard accessibility error message: I hope you can help please? This keeps coming up when i try to use the onscreen keyboard. http://c/windows/WINDOWS/system32/osk.exe I need it as I have a disability. I am running windows 10 on a year old Dell laptop with Kapersky anti-virus. Thanks mitch...
  10. Cannot import error accessing the registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot import error accessing the registry: Yes i'll do backup asap and Big thanks for your help *Smile You're welcome! *Smile