Windows 10: Message from Cortana- "That's not available now"

Discus and support Message from Cortana- "That's not available now" in Cortana to solve the problem; When I type a request I get this response every time. "That's not available now" Need help with this. Thanks * Moved from Community Participation... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by gordon skager, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Message from Cortana- "That's not available now"

When I type a request I get this response every time. "That's not available now" Need help with this. Thanks

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: When I type a request

:)

gordon skager, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Message from Cortana- "That's not available now"

Cortana not working (surface 3)

Hi Tom,

You may experience Cortana issues due to damaged operating system files or corrupted user profiles. To resolve such concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• When are you exactly having issues with Cortana? What task are you performing?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the series of steps in this
    article
    which lists all troubleshooting steps for Cortana issues.

Let us know if the steps on the link addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Message from Cortana- "That's not available now"

1. Message from Cortana- "That's not available now" - Similar Threads - Message Cortana That's

2. RCS messaging is now available globally for Google Messages

in Windows 10 News
    RCS messaging is now available globally for Google Messages: [ATTACH] Whether you’re making plans or just catching up, many of us rely on messaging to stay in touch. Messages by Google lets you start a video call from your conversation, message from the web, and use helpful features like Smart Reply, while also protecting...
  3. No notebook available for Cortana.

in Cortana
    No notebook available for Cortana.: I am using Windows 10 Pro edition not educational in the USA, Windows 10 is completely updated, and when opening cortana, there is no notebook - only sign out, settings, feedback, and about. All settings are set up, and permissions are given, but there is no option that says...
  4. Cortana availability in Australasia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana availability in Australasia: The Insider previews, fast and slow do not include Cortana functionality in a number of regions including Australasia. When will that be redressed? Last working version 1909 18363.752 154082
  5. Cortana Messages

in Cortana
    Cortana Messages: messages from Cortana saying that it will stay quiet. Cortana, I don't know what's wrong, just tell me this, I've tried numerous things. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-messages/5bd9ccf5-7e86-413f-b033-1569aa3078da"
  6. Cortana Messages

in Cortana
    Cortana Messages: I keep getting messages from Cortana saying that it will stay quiet while I present. What does it think that I'm presenting? How do I type responses to the messages? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-messages/72984f86-1bfa-441a-b93a-be6809805da3"
  7. Focus assist . . . message from Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus assist . . . message from Cortana: The three choices are: Priority . . . Alarms . . . Off I had Focus assist on Priority, and changed it . . . The message from her still gets through on Alarms Off seems to have fixed it Win Defender scan status appears to get through on "Off", also . . . some info through...
  8. Available Cortana In Bangladesh

in Cortana
    Available Cortana In Bangladesh: Hi! I am from Bangladesh, i want to use cortana in my laptop but at this moment it not possible to use cortana in my country. Cortana does not support in Bangladesh, when cortana is available in Bangladesh. We need to cortana in bangladesh. Please available in Bangladesh....
  9. Cortana: Now available where and when you need her

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana: Now available where and when you need her: Cortana was created to be a truly personal digital assistant – available on the go, no matter where or when you need help, and on whatever device you carry. That’s why it’s important to us that we bring Cortana to not only the Windows 10 ecosystem, but to other platforms....
  10. Cortana Now Available on Android in Public Beta

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana Now Available on Android in Public Beta: In May, we announced that Cortana, the first personal digital-assistant who works across your PC & your phone, will be coming to Android and iOS devices. Today, we’re pleased to make the beta of the Cortana app available to all Android phone users. If you are currently a...