Windows 10: Message header filling up reading pane

Discus and support Message header filling up reading pane in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just performed a recommended update on my Outlook running on Windows 10 and now the top "to and from" part of each email cannot scroll in the reading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SKPQ, Mar 24, 2020.

1. SKPQ Win User

Message header filling up reading pane

I just performed a recommended update on my Outlook running on Windows 10 and now the top "to and from" part of each email cannot scroll in the reading pane. I have a small laptop for work, and I've already made the email list above it very small, and moving it to the side cuts off the right half of each sentence. It was working fine a few minutes ago, but Outlook said it had an update I hadn't installed, so I ran it and now I can't scroll past the message headers. They just sit there, taking up 2" of screen while I have less than 3/4" to actually display the body of them email. Please help me. I can't find where to turn off this "feature" or even what it's called.

If there's not a way to turn it off, can someone tell me how to roll back my most recent Outlook/Office update? Thank you.

:)

2. smokeysco Win User

Windows 10 - Mail app reading pane shows only header no message

I have completed all these steps and installed a clean version, outlook account was installed.

There is no difference, I still nothing in the reading pane, added another account and that was the same, nothing in the reading pane.

What next sir?

smokeysco, Mar 24, 2020
  3. CountMike Win User
    Reading Pane in Mail

When I left click on it my reading pane turns off.
    I can also shrink mail APP from right side so it just shows list of messages without reading pane.

CountMike, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Message header filling up reading pane

Windows 10 - Mail app reading pane shows only header no message

This just started happening to me today. This email app has been so buggy as to be unusable! :-( My outlook mail is fine but gmail isn't displaying the body of the message in the reading pane. Only the header info (from, to, subject) BUT I can see the beginning
    of the body content in the preview pane.

What is going on?

I also have TouchMail installed (because the Win 10 mail app was so buggy) with the same two accounts installed and it's fine in so far as displaying all of the relevant info.

I'm on version 17.6416.42001.0 of the Win 10 mail app.

TechGirl00, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Message header filling up reading pane

1. Message header filling up reading pane - Similar Threads - Message header filling

2. SharePoint List - fill column headers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint List - fill column headers?: Hi. I have a SharePoint list with multiple columns, and different people are responsible for different columns. To make it easy, I want to fill the 3 column headers orange, two column headers yellow, 4 column headers blue and 5 column headers green. I have used PowerApps to...
  3. SharePoint List - fill column headers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SharePoint List - fill column headers?: Hi. I have a SharePoint list with multiple columns, and different people are responsible for different columns. To make it easy, I want to fill the 3 column headers orange, two column headers yellow, 4 column headers blue and 5 column headers green. I have used PowerApps to...
  4. Emails in reading pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails in reading pane: Some emails display the instruction "download message and pictures XX KB" but I can't click anything to download them. How can I get the app to display the mail and pictures? Question 2 - Some emails are displayed in HTML language. How can I get the app to display the message...
  5. Emails in reading pane

Emails in reading pane: Some emails display the instruction "download message and pictures XX KB" but I can't click anything to download them. How can I get the app to display the mail and pictures? Question 2 - Some emails are displayed in HTML language. How can I get the app to display the message...
  6. Resize Reading Pane

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Resize Reading Pane: Hi We are migrating from Gmail to 365 in a week - I am trying Outlook this week and noticed that I can make the Reading Pane bigger to the left but cannot make it smaller to the right - is there a setting to disable this? Many thanks 175354
  7. Email Reading Pane

Email Reading Pane: Who else thinks Microsoft should go **** themselves over the lack of options for the layout of the reading pane? But, that is what they excel at...**** up good products that people like the way they are, then taking them away because they want attention. Grow the **** up...
  8. Email/Reading Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email/Reading Pane: How do I turn off the pane completely so that my inbox fills the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emailreading-pane/09f6948f-d4d8-47e4-8590-725b98c36c02
  9. Mail Reading pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Reading pane: Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change the font size for all messages being read in the reading pane? I have adjusted the "view" settings, and have adjusted the size of the preview pane, but it seems that the sender's choices are overriding mine in the reading pane. It...
  10. Reading Pane in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Reading Pane in Mail: Is there a way to turn off the reading Pane in the "Mail" app? Just wondering as its a pain in the arse. Thanks 52923