Windows 10: Message on laptop where I normally enter pin

Discus and support Message on laptop where I normally enter pin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I usually go into my laptop by using my pin. I got message to log in to Windows, then a message that asked for last 4 digits of my phone to send me a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tillatiger3, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Message on laptop where I normally enter pin

I usually go into my laptop by using my pin. I got message to log in to Windows, then a message that asked for last 4 digits of my phone to send me a code. I did and got in fine but why is Microsoft this? I really do not like them knowing my cell phone number.

:)

tillatiger3, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Kupuna Win User

Can't enter PIN for Headset

I'm grateful for your replies. I obviously haven't done a good job of explaining. Here are snips of the windows involved. I have done all the steps suggested, but I can't directly enter the PIN in the larger window. That seems to be my only problem. Plantronics hasn't answered yet, but I'll hope they come through.

Message on laptop where I normally enter pin [​IMG]

Message on laptop where I normally enter pin [​IMG]

Kupuna, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Required to type 'A1B2C3' before entering PIN

As of a week ago, I have been receiving the error message, "You've entered an incorrect PIN serveral times. To try again enter A1B2C3 below." The problem with that is that I have never entered my PIN incorrectly and am the only one that utilizes my desktop. I have ran malware/virus scans and have turned up zero discrepancies. Additionally, I reinstalled Windows 10 (and activated) a month ago after upgrading my motherboard, processor, and memory. So why is it asking me to enter in this letter/number combination EVERY time despite never having entered in my PIN incorrectly? This is rather annoying and essentially a two-step authentication factor, of sorts, that I did not ask for. Is anyone else experiencing this?

FRSMichael, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Message on laptop where I normally enter pin

How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?

Hi Balázs,

There several reasons that may cause the issue. We suggest you check the setting on your computer by following these steps to help us in resolving the issue:

• From the Start menu, click Settings or the gear icon.
    • Go to Account settings.
    • Click the Sign-in options.
    • Make sure that Password option is disabled or removed for you to use only the PIN without you hitting the Enter key.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Message on laptop where I normally enter pin

1. Message on laptop where I normally enter pin - Similar Threads - Message laptop where

2. Can't remember local password, normally use pin. Windows not booting up after entering pin...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remember local password, normally use pin. Windows not booting up after entering pin...: Like the title says, I cannot remember my local password. Windows also won't boot even in safe mode. I'm currently logged into the account posting this right now so it must be an old password. Installed a windows update last night and now this is happening. Can't do a system...
  3. Error message “something happened and you pin is not available” if I enter pin it keeps...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Error message “something happened and you pin is not available” if I enter pin it keeps...: It appears that Microsoft has eliminated all but virtual support. I have tried for two solid days to find help and can’t even start a chat. My computer gets to the screen where you put in your pin and it gives the something happened pin not available message. I have tried...
  4. Error message “something happened and you pin is not available” if I enter pin it keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message “something happened and you pin is not available” if I enter pin it keeps...: It appears that Microsoft has eliminated all but virtual support. I have tried for two solid days to find help and can’t even start a chat. My computer gets to the screen where you put in your pin and it gives the something happened pin not available message. I have tried...
  5. Error message “something happened and you pin is not available” if I enter pin it keeps...

6. I keep getting the following message You've entered an incorrect PIN several times

I keep getting the following message You've entered an incorrect PIN several times: I have two MS accounts on my computer. However, the main account will not let me in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-the-following-message-youve-entered/fcaa8dc8-cfc0-4298-b18f-88c0efb4052d
  7. I don't want to enter a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want to enter a PIN: No one else lives here. When I turn the computer on I want to go straight to Edge.I was told how to not enter a password with Windows 10. That computer couldn't be fixed except maybe my reinstalling Windows, so here we are....
  8. I don't want to enter a PIN

I don't want to enter a PIN: No one else lives here. When I turn the computer on I want to go straight to Edge.I was told how to not enter a password with Windows 10. That computer couldn't be fixed except maybe my reinstalling Windows, so here we are....
  9. Login: i have a message saying i have entered an incorrect pin several times

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login: i have a message saying i have entered an incorrect pin several times: When trying to login on my asus laptop i have a message saying i have entered an incorrect pin several times it then asks me to try again using a1b2cr or i can use other options which are microsoft account password or pin . This is the first time i have been asked to do...
  10. Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin: After installing the latest windows upgrade to my Windows 10 pro HP laptop, instead of my windows hello (face recognition) screen which I always got before the update without any issues, now I'm getting a login screen which reads “Your PIN is required to sign in” but there is...