Windows 10: Message on Login In Screen

Discus and support Message on Login In Screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I change the message on the login screen. Presently is my email address. Want to change it to my first name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EllisSwancoat, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Message on Login In Screen

How do I change the message on the login screen. Presently is my email address. Want to change it to my first name

:)

EllisSwancoat, Feb 14, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2022
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Feb 14, 2022
  4. Message on Login In Screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Message on Login In Screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 14, 2022
Thema:

Message on Login In Screen

1. Message on Login In Screen - Similar Threads - Message Login Screen

2. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2: The other thread was zealously locked, hence this new thread, part two: I'm trying to turn off the very annoying advertisements that come up at the center login screen when starting Windows 10. If I happen to click the one or two sentence promotional tease, then during login...
  3. Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off login screen advertisement/messages... part 2: The other thread was zealously locked, hence this new thread, part two: I'm trying to turn off the very annoying advertisements that come up at the center login screen when starting Windows 10. If I happen to click the one or two sentence promotional tease, then during login...
  4. Message on Login In Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Message on Login In Screen: How do I change the message on the login screen. Presently is my email address. Want to change it to my first name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/message-on-login-in-screen/38297f7b-3e4b-4397-a902-ac8e90a380fb
  5. Windows update message on login screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update message on login screen: On my login screen I'm getting a message that I'm not getting security updates. It says that I need to update to a newer version of Windows. I recently ran the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant and I now have version 21H1 installed. I checked windows update, and everything is up...
  6. Cannot login message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot login message: Since yesterdays update, I get the "cannot login" message. Most of my icons are missing also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-login-message/ee1c9c60-4788-4b48-911c-17c821e7d7ef
  7. Disable propaganda message from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable propaganda message from login screen: I'm using Windows 10, version 1903 OS build 18362.959. I enjoy the pictures that Microsoft provides, though I can do without the propaganda-based login messages. Is there a way to disable these or to just have a generic login screen? I appreciate the help. 162427
  8. Disable propaganda message from login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable propaganda message from login screen: I'm using Windows 10, version 1903 OS build 18362.959. I enjoy the pictures that Microsoft provides, though I can do without the propaganda-based login messages. Is there a way to disable these or to just have a generic login screen? I appreciate the help. 162427
  9. Message at desktop login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Message at desktop login: Hello So today i turned on my PC (have fast startup enabled) and when logging in and going to desktop like i normally do, Windows just stayed at the username screen and after that i got a smaller window with some options to configure, i think they were the Privacy options...
  10. Windows 10 login screen message PIN required

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login screen message PIN required: Dear MS, I am unable to get past the hello login screen. I am told my PIN is required to login yet below there appears the contradictory message ‘ something happened and your pin is unavailable ‘. I have tried reverting to fingerprint but am met with my PIN is required....