Windows 10: Message on screen keeps coming back.

Discus and support Message on screen keeps coming back. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. New to the forum, bit not to tek toys. I have recently set my PC from 8.1 to the free 10 upgrade offer. Everything's fine, 'Except' down in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KrissBell, Feb 20, 2016.

1. KrissBell Win User

Message on screen keeps coming back.

Hi. New to the forum, bit not to tek toys.
    I have recently set my PC from 8.1 to the free 10 upgrade offer.
    Everything's fine, 'Except' down in the bottom right hand corner a message keeps coming up.... "Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate Windows."
    I have gone to settings now, 5 times, & through the whole upgrade procedure 5 times too, including several system restores. Each time I get an on-screen message telling me everything's done, 10 is now fired up & running etc. The 'Activate' message disappears, everything's fine for a week or 2, then I switch the PC on & the message has come back again.
    Anyone got any ideas? Thanx.

:)

KrissBell, Feb 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 setup screen keeps coming back..

Hello, I'm using Windows 7 right now. I'm attempting to upgrade through a flash drive. I finished the first step of the installation then when it's loading for devices after that finishes, the screen turns black then sends me back to the first setup screen.
    Asking for the language time and keyboard. Help please.

LeleleleSoulz, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Ruth Buruga, Feb 20, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

In an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt, please run:

slmgr /dlv

Post the result window back as a screenshot. There won't be any uniquely identifying information on it so you don't have to blank anything out. Basically we are looking for anything on that result that says "KMS". If it does contain KMS that would be your problem, but there is other info in there that might point to the problem. What you want to see in the results is "RETAIL" activation channel.

NavyLCDR, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Message on screen keeps coming back. - Similar Threads - Message screen keeps

2. Uninstalling/Disabling the HID Touch Screen driver keeps coming back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalling/Disabling the HID Touch Screen driver keeps coming back on: Hello, I have been trying to disable and permanently uninstall the HID touch screen driver.. I have disabled it, but after reboot it shows enabled again.. I have uninstalled it.. again after reboot shows up again (this is totally weird).. I've gone into clean boot to disable...
  3. Viruses (trojans) keeps coming back...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Viruses (trojans) keeps coming back...: Hummm, maybe they like my PC a bit too much? Lately I have some trojans that keeps on coming back, no matter how hard I delete them... How can I get rid of these pests? [img] 99069
  4. Icons pinned to start keep vanishing and coming back.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons pinned to start keep vanishing and coming back.: For at least a couple of updates, Windows 10 has begun acting very, very strange with the Start Menu. Right now the issue is that pinned icons vanish and reappear seemingly at random (although always - if at all when I pin something new or unpin something existing) They...
  5. BSOD problem that just keeps coming back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD problem that just keeps coming back: I been having issues with my AMD radeon HD 6670 drivers, I'm using win 10 pro. The driver isnt up to date since it causes conflict with windows 10. Ran memtest86 overnight, no issues. It has something to do with the version of my driver, this issues has happened...
  6. Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back: I'm setting up a file backup on Win 10 Pro. Under the backup settings there is the "Back up these folders" section. I have a total of five folders I want to backup so I keep removing all the folders that Windows adds by default and leave the five (which are included on the...
  7. Photo App - Hiding displayed folders keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App - Hiding displayed folders keeps coming back: To all experts, I have very peculiar trouble in my Windows 10 Photo App. I don't want my Photo App displaying (keep watch) on these folders. So I exclude them by going to settings (see picture). But then after restarting my pc or after a while they keep coming back...
  8. Log Files keep coming back after deleted (Pics)

in Windows 10 Support
    Log Files keep coming back after deleted (Pics): Hey guys looking for some help with my Windows 10 Acer. I have these files that i keep deleting and they keep coming back. Any idea what could cause this ? Thanks. [img] 63689
  9. Weird issue with screen not coming back on

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird issue with screen not coming back on: Hi, I've got a really annoying issue. I didn't have this problem on Vista/Win7, so it seems to be Win10 related. Its almost like this issue (although I only have to leave it an hour or 2 - and it doesn't always do it!) Screen doesn't turn back on sometimes after...
  10. 2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back: Hey, 2 blank folders have just appeared on my desktop. I can delete them by highlighting and hitting the delete key but they just come straight back. They have no name, no properties. I can't do anything with them. How can I get rid of them and should I be worried...