Windows 10: Message on screen keeps coming back.

Discus and support Message on screen keeps coming back. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. New to the forum, bit not to tek toys. I have recently set my PC from 8.1 to the free 10 upgrade offer. Everything's fine, 'Except' down in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KrissBell, Feb 20, 2016.

1. KrissBell Win User

Message on screen keeps coming back.

Hi. New to the forum, bit not to tek toys.
    I have recently set my PC from 8.1 to the free 10 upgrade offer.
    Everything's fine, 'Except' down in the bottom right hand corner a message keeps coming up.... "Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate Windows."
    I have gone to settings now, 5 times, & through the whole upgrade procedure 5 times too, including several system restores. Each time I get an on-screen message telling me everything's done, 10 is now fired up & running etc. The 'Activate' message disappears, everything's fine for a week or 2, then I switch the PC on & the message has come back again.
    Anyone got any ideas? Thanx.

:)

KrissBell, Feb 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 setup screen keeps coming back..

Hello, I'm using Windows 7 right now. I'm attempting to upgrade through a flash drive. I finished the first step of the installation then when it's loading for devices after that finishes, the screen turns black then sends me back to the first setup screen.
    Asking for the language time and keyboard. Help please.

LeleleleSoulz, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Ruth Buruga, Feb 20, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

In an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt, please run:

slmgr /dlv

Post the result window back as a screenshot. There won't be any uniquely identifying information on it so you don't have to blank anything out. Basically we are looking for anything on that result that says "KMS". If it does contain KMS that would be your problem, but there is other info in there that might point to the problem. What you want to see in the results is "RETAIL" activation channel.

NavyLCDR, Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Message on screen keeps coming back. - Similar Threads - Message screen keeps

2. OneDrive Keeps coming back!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Keeps coming back!: I want OneDrive COMPLETELY off my system. I didn't even realize my documents and desktop were being uploaded to the cloud, completly unnacceptable!This is a fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro.I have uninstalled it and deleted the folder from c:\users\my name\ however it...
  3. OneDrive Keeps coming back!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Keeps coming back!: I want OneDrive COMPLETELY off my system. I didn't even realize my documents and desktop were being uploaded to the cloud, completly unnacceptable!This is a fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro.I have uninstalled it and deleted the folder from c:\users\my name\ however it...
  4. Screen won't come back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't come back on: I recently set my screen to turn off after 3 minutes as per the energy recomendations. I now find that the computer / screen wont come back about 1 in 5 times requiring a hold off the power button to turn off the computer then power back on. Which of course I lose anything I...
  5. Screen won't come back on

Screen won't come back on: I recently set my screen to turn off after 3 minutes as per the energy recomendations. I now find that the computer / screen wont come back about 1 in 5 times requiring a hold off the power button to turn off the computer then power back on. Which of course I lose anything I...
  6. PNP Detected Fatal Error message on laptop keeps coming up, restarts itself, comes back on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PNP Detected Fatal Error message on laptop keeps coming up, restarts itself, comes back on...: This is not on my own laptop, this is on another one. It started happening today after Dell settings advised to update drivers from Dell Assist, which we started doing. Since then, the laptop comes up with this PNP fatal error message and turns itself off, supposedly...
  7. PNP Detected Fatal Error message on laptop keeps coming up, restarts itself, comes back on...

PNP Detected Fatal Error message on laptop keeps coming up, restarts itself, comes back on...: This is not on my own laptop, this is on another one. It started happening today after Dell settings advised to update drivers from Dell Assist, which we started doing. Since then, the laptop comes up with this PNP fatal error message and turns itself off, supposedly...
  8. Deleted file keep coming back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted file keep coming back: Hello guys, i noticed file in C named with date and year created its own, i tried deleting it but everytime i restart laptop or shutdown then turn on, it recreates again on C, anyone know why is that happening and what is this file and why did it even create? And how can i...
  9. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  10. Malware keeps coming back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware keeps coming back: This softonic PUP is coming back after few restarts of the system. How can i completely delete it? [img] 144542