Windows 10: Message says to reinstall library that contains: "DiskDefragHelper.dll::StringLocalizer"

Discus and support Message says to reinstall library that contains: "DiskDefragHelper.dll::StringLocalizer" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Pop up says I need to reinstall a Windows 10 program that includes "DiskDefragHelper.dll::StringLocalizer" It doesn't say which program needs to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rem#, Mar 5, 2021.

1. rem# Win User

Message says to reinstall library that contains: "DiskDefragHelper.dll::StringLocalizer"

Pop up says I need to reinstall a Windows 10 program that includes "DiskDefragHelper.dll::StringLocalizer" It doesn't say which program needs to be reinstalled????

:)

rem#, Mar 5, 2021

2. dll library

.dll is the extension for drivers. Technically it stands for "Dynamic Link Library" (which means that saying dll library is like saying dynamic link library library) and it is pretty much synonymous with the .exe (or executable) extension.

I would suggest you uninstall Malwarebytes and try running Windows Defender Antivirus (and Antimalware, btw) again.

Malwarebytes tends to come with a trial subscription that will shut Defender off by default.

7ff2a89d-4617-4f57-9a1a-ca8dc82d7e88, Mar 5, 2021
  3. MSVCP120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Please help to fix nothing has worked.

Hi,

It's really odd that half of your programs won't run because of the error message "MSVCP120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error". The
    .dll could be the culprit behind why the error message is showing up. However, let's try if these steps will make a difference:

• We're going to test it first with one of your programs. Uninstall one of the programs that is experiencing the issue.
    • Manually replace the DLL once done uninstalling the program.
    • Remove MSVCR120.dll from c:\Windows\System32\MSVCR120.dll.
    • Download and install Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.
    • Restart your computer.
    Download C++ 2013 library on this link.

3. Install the program again that you've uninstalled using an

account or user profile that has Administrator rights and

Administrator privileges. You may also need to right-

click and Run the program As Administrator.

4. Once done installing the program, run it and see if the

issue persists.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Message says to reinstall library that contains: "DiskDefragHelper.dll::StringLocalizer"

DLL Files containing icons

I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T
    hold icons, and whose names make no sense whatever (the names of the icon-containing DLL's also make no sense whatever).

You'd think that common sense would require a unique folder (like "Icon Holders") into which the icon-containing DLL's would be held. But common sense doesn't seem to be relevant here. I've tried creating the folder I envision(in
    the "system32" folder and putting copies of the icon-holding files into it. But when I go into the "change icon" procedure and browse to one of the relevant DLL files, I get a message informing me that the file in question contains no icons.

This is simply insane; why does this happen? putting a copy of a file into another folder should not change it.

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Message says to reinstall library that contains: "DiskDefragHelper.dll::StringLocalizer"

1. Message says to reinstall library that contains: "DiskDefragHelper.dll::StringLocalizer" - Similar Threads - Message says reinstall

2. OFFICE error message says this: AppvlsvSubsystems64.dll missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OFFICE error message says this: AppvlsvSubsystems64.dll missing: I cannot run Office but I paid for OFFICE subscription. When I click on any Office icon: WORD, EXCEL, I receive an error message window:SYSTEM ERROR: The program can't start because AppVlsvSubsystems64.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix...
  3. OFFICE error message says this: AppvlsvSubsystems64.dll missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OFFICE error message says this: AppvlsvSubsystems64.dll missing: I cannot run Office but I paid for OFFICE subscription. When I click on any Office icon: WORD, EXCEL, I receive an error message window:SYSTEM ERROR: The program can't start because AppVlsvSubsystems64.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix...
  4. MSVCR110.dll MESSAGE

MSVCR110.dll MESSAGE: 48 hours ago I started getting a message saying The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR110.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Nothing else had been installed, uninstalled, etc. on the computer. Just one day I get this message. I'm happy...
  5. MSVCR110.dll MESSAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCR110.dll MESSAGE: 48 hours ago I started getting a message saying The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR110.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Nothing else had been installed, uninstalled, etc. on the computer. Just one day I get this message. I'm happy...
  6. MSVCR110.dll MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Cannot Load library MSVCR120.dll

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Load library MSVCR120.dll: Cannot load library MSVCR120.dll I’ve been trying to open an application and everytime it says “cannot load library MSVCR120.dll” Ive watched everything on the internet to try to fix this, I’ve uninstalled all C++ Redistributables and installed a fresh install of all the...
  8. Run DLL message saying that a module is missing in a TaskPlayer file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run DLL message saying that a module is missing in a TaskPlayer file: So, some time ago i got malware on my computer, got it repaired and all that, the thing is that i some days ago i got a message of RunDLL saying that a specific module was missing in a TaskPlayer file, i didn´t gave it attention, got the last W10 update and thought that it...
  9. DLL Files containing icons

DLL Files containing icons: I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T hold icons, and whose names make no sense...
  10. Error loading type library/DLL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error loading type library/DLL: I fully scaned my PC. After that i opened history of windows defender and then opened all options of its. But when i pressed any option of history, i found a error message (Error loading type library/DLL). what i do now? I'm unable to open these options. I need your help...