Windows 10: Message that password was changed on another device and can not login to Windows 10

Discus and support Message that password was changed on another device and can not login to Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Upgraded to Windows 10 1903 yesterday. This morning there was a message that the computer would restart during an off period or I could restart it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WesleyEubank, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Message that password was changed on another device and can not login to Windows 10

Upgraded to Windows 10 1903 yesterday. This morning there was a message that the computer would restart during an off period or I could restart it now. Did restart. When I entered my PIN I received a message that my password had been changed on another device and to use that password then I could use my pin. Tried the password. Didn't work. Went to another device and changed my microsoft.com password. Retried and didn't work. When I go to look at my devices when signed onto microsoft.com I see the computer that I can not sign on. Checked caps lock to be sure it wasn't on. Unfortunately I have installed a lot of applications that will be difficult to reinstall. Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling?

:)

WesleyEubank, Mar 27, 2020

2. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    PC login password on Windows 10

Hi,

The password is used for you to be able to login to a specific account. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried using your current password?

Meanwhile, you may not able to recover your local account if you forgot your password. We suggest that you follow the steps in this article: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password
    to reset your computer. After you reset your computer, you may create a new local account by clicking on this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Message that password was changed on another device and can not login to Windows 10

Login password changed

Hi Pepito,

It is possible that you received the message You are offline
    because when you're using a Microsoft Account to log in to your Windows 10 laptop it have reset the password online. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you change your password?
    • Doe you allow someone to use your laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try to recover your Windows laptop. See which scenario applies to you:

• If your device is set to automatically connect to Wi-Fi, ensure that it is properly connected to the Internet or Network and restart it.
    • In the bottom right part of the screen you will see network icons that will let you connect to the Internet. Click on your WiFi/Broadband icon and a panel will open from the right side as follows: Now connect your computer to the Internet and Enter your
      Microsoft Account password.

Message that password was changed on another device and can not login to Windows 10 617dab89-2fcf-4706-9a1e-b9ed048a2595?upload=true.png
    • Check if your password is correct and then enter it carefully.
    • Make sure that your Caps Lock is not On.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Message that password was changed on another device and can not login to Windows 10

1. Message that password was changed on another device and can not login to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Message password was

2. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  3. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you change account password but not pc login password: can you change account password but not pc login password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-account-password-but-not-pc-login/b7ed0cf2-0223-4ceb-9438-a172726b9008
  4. can you change account password but not pc login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How change LOGIN password to Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How change LOGIN password to Windows 10: I just tried to change my login password to my computer. Followed the instructions and got no error message. However, when I rebooted and tried to sign in, it wouldn't accept my new password. It only accepted my old password. Need help here, thanks. I also noticed that I...
  6. changing my windows 10 login password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing my windows 10 login password: Hi, I am going to change the login password of my windows 10 to a new one. my problem is that when I am trying to enter my current password, I receive a notice that says 'the password you entered in incorrect. try again.', although, I am entering the correct password by...
  7. Unable to login or change password Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login or change password Windows 10: Hi, After a recent system update, my PC no longer accepts my password at login. When I try using the forgot my password button I get the error message "Windows couldn't connect to the ProfSvc service. Contact your system administrator." I am the system admin. When I tried...
  8. How can Admin change another User’s password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How can Admin change another User’s password in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]In a multi-user environment, it’s not surprising if other users ask the administrator of the computer to change their password. They could have forgotten, or the account is locked or anything else. In this post, we will share how, as [...] This post How can...
  9. Change of login password in windows 10

Change of login password in windows 10: Hi, I am having trouble changing the login password for my windows 10 PC. I have tried changing it via the 'Change Password' option in Settings but all that does is change the Microsoft Account Password. I need to change the password I use to log in to the PC daily and not...
  10. Windows 10 Login Password Change

Windows 10 Login Password Change: I have changed my email password which i thought would have synced with my windows10 login. How do I get them to be the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-login-password-change/e7a8490d-40f3-416b-90d4-8bf88679235c"