Windows 10: Message updated information is available about your device - prevents access to scanner

Discus and support Message updated information is available about your device - prevents access to scanner in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, When I click on the Epson Stylus SX405 scanner and printer icon it takes me to a control panel path and says: “updated information is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WireSculptor, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Message updated information is available about your device - prevents access to scanner

Hello,

When I click on the Epson Stylus SX405 scanner and printer icon it takes me to a control panel path and says: “updated information is available about your device. Click here to download or learn more”. It takes you to the Microsoft site but there is nothing to download or learn more about. My operating system is Windows Pro 64-bit.

It prevents us from using the scanner in our normal way and it is so frustrating. Even if I close the message down I cannot get rid of the screen with the control panel path details on.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks, Nichola

:)

WireSculptor, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Scanner not working after Windows 10 update

We understand that the update is causing an issue on your scanner and for us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro?
    • What is the make and model of your printer/scanner driver?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer/scanner driver?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to prevent your Windows 10 from updating:

Step #1: How to temporarily prevent
    a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.
    See the section that says Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now. as well as the information on it.

Step #2:
    Run this diagnostic tool to prevent updates.

Step #3: If you're using Windows 10 Pro you have the ability to Post-pone incoming updates:

Defer upgrades in Windows 10.

Step #4: Restart your computer to apply changes.

Please get back to us with some answer and results.

Xylee Del, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Unable to access the printer/ scanner after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the printer/ scanner on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed all the drivers for printer/scanner after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How have you connected the printer/scanner to your device?
    • Is your printer/scanner device detect on your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message while trying to access the printer/ scanner?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of connecting the printer/ scanner for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Message updated information is available about your device - prevents access to scanner

Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Message updated information is available about your device - prevents access to scanner

1. Message updated information is available about your device - prevents access to scanner - Similar Threads - Message updated information

2. Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? -...: Hello, every time I try to open ANY of the system power plans for example Balanced. I get the following error "Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information?" I have already tried following attempts to fix with no success0. Power...
  3. Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? -...: Hello, every time I try to open ANY of the system power plans for example Balanced. I get the following error "Your Power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information?" I have already tried following attempts to fix with no success0. Power...
  4. No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing...: No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-update-is-available-for-my-system-but-getting/90092117-8edf-4b7c-825f-032b87cac2c2
  5. No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing...: No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-update-is-available-for-my-system-but-getting/90092117-8edf-4b7c-825f-032b87cac2c2
  6. No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Click here to update your..." message to update information/credentials on the desktop on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Click here to update your..." message to update information/credentials on the desktop on...: Mail Version 16005.12228.20276.0 This was a question asked in 2015 and 2016. Both threads are currently LOCKED. It is now 2019 and I have the same problem. The ANSWER contains a link that no longer works. I also tried deleting the two accounts and then adding them back...
  8. Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Correcting the "Basic Information About Your Computer": Hi, I was doing some work on the desktops/laptops in my school to clean up network IP addresses. I came to one of my machines, an HP Pro 3500 series desktop, and was going to change the computer name. In the process, I noticed the machine identified itself as a Compaq 500B...
  9. Opening your computer with a message about a dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening your computer with a message about a dll: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, please help me with a message about a dll that appears when I open my computer. The message is on the desktop. I guess I have a missing computer dll. How can I fix this problem? Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  10. Your power plan information isn't available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your power plan information isn't available: After clean installation, my power plans are gone and when i tried to import manually now power plan showing "Your power plan information isn't available"....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updated information is available about your device SX200

2. updated information available device click here to download