Windows 10: Message Windows 10 about to expire, need to activate it, cannot activate

Discus and support Message Windows 10 about to expire, need to activate it, cannot activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A month ago I started getting a message on my Windows machine "Windows 10 is about to expire, you need to activate it." I bought this computer in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ceria64149, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Message Windows 10 about to expire, need to activate it, cannot activate

A month ago I started getting a message on my Windows machine "Windows 10 is about to expire, you need to activate it." I bought this computer in 2013, it got the blue screen of death in September 2018, so I had a repair shop try to save my data. When I got the computer back from the shop, Windows 10 was installed instead of restoring my Windows 7. It worked fine until a month ago when this message started to come up every time I started up the computer, the need to activate. However, when I go to Activation and put in the product key for this Windows, it says that this Windows can only be activated by "my organization." I don't have an organization! The repair shop installed a version I've never heard of, Windows 10 Educational. I took the computer back to that shop have them fix this, but they denied responsibility, saying that they did not install Windows 10 Educational and that this Windows 10, and they couldn't be responsible because this Windows 10 is dated in March of this year, 2019 (but could that be because the Windows did an automatic update at that time?). In any event the repair shop got the activation message to disappear but in the process they corrupted my Microsoft Office, so I had to buy a new Office. I had a lot of trouble installing the new Office because something was not right with my Windows. Finally, I saved my files and reset the computer. This resulted in restoring Windows 10 with the same "Windows is about to expire" activation message, that I cannot fix because I have no 'organization' to authorize the installation.

In Settings / Update-Security / Activation, there is no button on my screen to select "Go to Store" to buy the Windows, because the computer thinks Windows is already activated. I already spent a full day with Microsoft Tech Support without results. Is this truly hopeless -- do I just have to buy another computer and start over?

:)

Ceria64149, Nov 24, 2019
  2. FernNZ Win User

Windows 10 expiring activation problem

I have a pop up message appearing on the screen saying the licence will expire 15 August, need to activate Windows in Settings. Contact admin to get product key.
    When I go to Settings it says Windows is activated and Product ID as well as Product Key is listed.
    I have tried all suggestions from the Microsoft forum to no avail.
    I am now wondering if the technician who installed Windows 10Pro, installed the wrong programme.
    I believe that the previous Windows in the laptop was Windows 8.1 home.
    Could this be the problem.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

FernNZ, Nov 24, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Message Windows 10 about to expire, need to activate it, cannot activate

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Message Windows 10 about to expire, need to activate it, cannot activate

1. Message Windows 10 about to expire, need to activate it, cannot activate - Similar Threads - Message expire need

2. Windows 10 activation expires soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation expires soon: HiRecently i updated my window 10 version to 20h2 after that i keep receiving a message saying windows 10 activation expires soon I bought my laptop 2 years ago and the windows was activated Now after updating to 20h2 i checked the settings and it shows windows is activated...
  3. Activation expiring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation expiring: I bought a Dell computer 6 months ago. The computer was suppose to to come with Windows 10 Pro. I live in Cambodia the land of computer hardware and software theft. When you take computer into any shop for repairs you have to sit there and watch them or they will replace your...
  4. Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire": I bought a new laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad 370) about a year and a bit (november i think) and now a message it popping up saying that my windows 10 pro license will expire soon as it was registered through an organisation. i am guessing i have to update my product key, but i cant...
  5. Windows will Expire soon. You need to activate windows.

Windows will Expire soon. You need to activate windows.: So today I opened my computer only to receive a message saying that windows will expire soon and I need to activate it but when I checked it was already activated so why do I keep receiving this message?...
  6. Activating expired Windows 10 evaluation

Activating expired Windows 10 evaluation: Greetings, I set up Hyper-V on my Win 10 Pro laptop and created a VM using an evaluation of Win 10. That VM has expired now and will only stay active for one hour after restarting the VM. Would I be able to acquire a licensed Win 10 version - and then be able to convert...
  7. Windows 10 activation randomly expired.

Windows 10 activation randomly expired.: So around a year ago in the march of 2018, I bought a gaming pc that came with windows 10. Now around January of 2019 I randomly kept getting messages saying your activation will expire soon. I just ignored it as I thought it was a bug since I saw that the windows was...
  8. about windows 10 activation

about windows 10 activation: i have purchased lap top 22 months before , till now it worked fine, but suddenly windows 10 says windows is not activated. i have purchased original windows 10 genuine, they installed, but have not given product key to me, just they make only recovery drive for me. but now...
  9. Windows License is about to expire while still activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows License is about to expire while still activated: My windows 10 PC was acting up so i reset it; minus the fact that i lost my Microsoft, it keeps telling me windows license is about to expire while my windows is activated. Note* My window 10 came with my laptop...
  10. Windows 10 expiring activation problem

Windows 10 expiring activation problem: I have a pop up message appearing on the screen saying the licence will expire 15 August, need to activate Windows in Settings. Contact admin to get product key. When I go to Settings it says Windows is activated and Product ID as well as Product Key is listed. I have...