Windows 10: Messed up audio when gaming since i reset my computer

Discus and support Messed up audio when gaming since i reset my computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When i decided to reset my computer it all went well until i began playing games. I noticed the audio balancing or panning or whatever was really off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AdamHart2, Jun 13, 2020.

1. AdamHart2 Win User

Messed up audio when gaming since i reset my computer

When i decided to reset my computer it all went well until i began playing games. I noticed the audio balancing or panning or whatever was really off and really hard to listen to when using headphones. In game audio would only come from the very right of my ear. I is hard to explain but it was so much better before. I also tried messing around with balancing and sound options. My realtek driver is up to date. Playing games is horrible with this issue.

:)

AdamHart2, Jun 13, 2020

2. My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can’t hear audio while recording games or videos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need some more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• How are you recording the games or videos?
    • When you say, “I can't hear anything” you are unable to get the in-game audio or your voice?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you are using Game bar to record the games or videos, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming.
    3. Click on Capture on the left pane.
    4. Clear the check box for Record gaming audio only.
    5. Follow the same steps for Broadcasting.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 update messed up audio

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Which update was installed? Can you help us with the update details?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles below:

Additional Information: If the issue persists, update the audio drivers from manufacturer's website.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Messed up audio when gaming since i reset my computer - Similar Threads - Messed audio gaming

2. my computer got messed up when opening a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer got messed up when opening a game: When i open certain games Exp.valorant my computers graphics drop and everything gets resized, like applications getting bigger or when i open games they are smaller, this goes on till i close the game but i opened Star Wars The Old Republic, and when closed it, it didnt fix...
  3. my computer got messed up when opening a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer got messed up when opening a game: When i open certain games Exp.valorant my computers graphics drop and everything gets resized, like applications getting bigger or when i open games they are smaller, this goes on till i close the game but i opened Star Wars The Old Republic, and when closed it, it didnt fix...
  4. Messed up audio.

Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  5. Messed up audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Messed up audio.: Hi. My audio for the line out is giving a constant buzzing sound and the right headphone is extremely messed up sounding. The left headphone sounds fine but the right one is like bassbosted. I have bought a new cable and used it but the same problem occurs. Any Solutions?...
  6. Messed up audio since latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up audio since latest update: Hello,Ever since the latest Windows 10 update that was today 17.2.2023 my audio is messed up. The sounds is weird, I can not properly describe it. But when I listen to a video or music the tone keeps changing from this good quality to really bad depending on the depths of the...
  7. Messed up audio since latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up audio since latest update: Hello,Ever since the latest Windows 10 update that was today 17.2.2023 my audio is messed up. The sounds is weird, I can not properly describe it. But when I listen to a video or music the tone keeps changing from this good quality to really bad depending on the depths of the...
  8. Messed up audio since latest update

9. My computers reset is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computers reset is messed up: I don’t know why this is happening but my pc has been experiencing many issues that ive had to personally deal with and this is the first time something like this has happened[IMG]...
  10. I completely messed my computer up and I cant completely reset it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I completely messed my computer up and I cant completely reset it: I dont know what I did but I tried getting space and I deleted Microsoft store and Alienware command center. Ive looked at all those videos on how to reinstall but when I reinstall it just completely crashes. I have tried to reset it to where it feels like I just got a new...