Windows 10: Messed up Bios settings. Please help

Discus and support Messed up Bios settings. Please help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jstevens19822, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Messed up Bios settings. Please help

I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical drive being recognize and the fans turn on. Fans intermittently speed up and slow down.

Samsung NP365E5C-S05US with Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit installed on an SSD. Bios version P07ABF.
    -unplugged ac adapter and battery, pressed power button to drain system, reconnected and still nothing
    -tried putting a windows 10 pro, 8, and 7 installation disk in. I can hear drive spinning but still blank screen
    -tried f2 f8 f12 at start up but no response
    -popped out ssd and tried rebooting, nothing

I made a stupid mistake. Guys please help me!

:)

jstevens19822, Aug 10, 2016

2. Messed with Bios settings. Please Help

I would imagine Samsung would be the ones to call for advice and where a service center was in your area ?

Seems you changed Secure boot options not CSM options

CSM would either be enabled or disabled.

ThrashZone, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Messed with Bios settings. Please Help

You'd have to remove the mother board battery for a while

You might also need to ask the manufacture on how to reset the cmos if removing the mother board battery does not do anything.

Also maybe holding down the ctrl key and tap the esc key ?

ThrashZone, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Messed up Bios settings. Please help

Remove battery from computer .. NOW press and hold power key for 15 seconds..
    Put the Battery back and now try to open BIOS .. using F2.

If no go contact Support.. u may need a new motherboard.

Que: do you see or samsung logo when computer powers on.. or any other symbol such MOBO brand

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    Remove any usb devices, remove power cord, remove battery incl cmos battery, press & hold power button for 15-20 seconds then plug batteries back in & turn on. Some say wait 30 minutes after releasing the power button before plugging everything back in so you can try that also if you wish.

Bastet, Aug 10, 2016
  6. sn00ker Win User
    Are you sure you're tapping the correct key for the bios ? When you turn the laptop on tap the F2 and see if the bios screen come on ... Also, can you try hooking it up to another external monitor, does it have that option ? You can also try tapping the F4 key when turning it on and see if the recovery options comes on , that would probably reset the unit to factory setting, the way you got it the first time you turn the unit on ( W8 ) If all else fails you probably going to have to dismantle the unit to get at the CMOS battery . You should search Google whether there is any YouTube video in how to remove the CMOS Battery

sn00ker, Aug 11, 2016
  7. flhthemi Win User
    On some model of samsungs if you remove the cover for the memory modules there are two little solder points that can be jumped with a piece of wire or a paper clip bent in the shape of a "U". This resets BIOS for a forgotten password, I don't know if it resets BIOS or just the password. There are several youtube videos showing how this is done. Not hard to do and doesn't take long.

LINK to Youtube list of how to's.

flhthemi, Aug 14, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Messed up Bios settings. Please help

Kbird, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Messed up Bios settings. Please help

1. Messed up Bios settings. Please help - Similar Threads - Messed Bios settings

2. Can someone please help me set up my bios?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please help me set up my bios?: Can someone please help me fix my bios? I just bought PC parts and built a PC This is my first time, now every time i turn it on it loads BIOS back up every time. I'm losing my mind and not knowing what to do. Can someone please help me? I've already downloaded the most...
  3. Can someone please help me set up my bios?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone please help me set up my bios?: Can someone please help me fix my bios? I just bought PC parts and built a PC This is my first time, now every time i turn it on it loads BIOS back up every time. I'm losing my mind and not knowing what to do. Can someone please help me? I've already downloaded the most...
  4. I messed up. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up. Please help!: I had one user account on my Windows 10 and i wanted to change the User folder name. So following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I , Created a temporary user account with administrative privileges and signed into it. Went to the registry editor and changed the...
  5. Please help, everything is messed up

Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  6. Boot Drive messed up? please help!

Boot Drive messed up? please help!: So, I was doing the Guru3D Display Driver Uninstaller, and I did all that, and it restarted and then it says “A disk read error occurred, press ctrl alt del to restart” and i don’t know what to do!!!! submitted by /u/FalconzBeast [link] [comments]...
  7. Please Help Display Is Messed Up

Please Help Display Is Messed Up: I have a very old monitor that I use as my second and recently I broke the adapter for it so I bought a new one, now its messed up. The monitor itself is 1600x1200 but that isnt an option in the resolution settings anymore. I tried every single resolution setting that was...
  8. Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help)

Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help): [ATTACH] Has anyone had where the dropdown (to print, find, etc) is showing up above the screen when you click it and the browser (I am using Chrome) is maximized. This is what it looks like:...
  9. I messed up all the services - please help

I messed up all the services - please help: So this afternoon I was messing around with my dell win10 laptop, and using task manager to close all the tasks I thought I didn't need. However, this caused a couple of problems: My audio was gone Internet (network status and probably more) has disappeared Microsoft Teams...
  10. Help! I have messed up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! I have messed up my pc messing with bios settings and disk part!: I have done A LOT of messing with settings while trying to boot my pc..idk why it's been stuck on the spinning circle. I am so lost at this point, please someone?? I have an hp stream 11 and I'm clueless... 115235

Users found this page by searching for:

1. messed with bois on win 10 and now monitor goes blank