Windows 10: Messed up by deleting some system 'Windows Spotlight' folders that I probably shouldn't...

Discus and support Messed up by deleting some system 'Windows Spotlight' folders that I probably shouldn't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fractal-XXIII [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fractal-XXIII, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Messed up by deleting some system 'Windows Spotlight' folders that I probably shouldn't...

/u/Fractal-XXIII, Oct 24, 2020

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Messed up by deleting some system 'Windows Spotlight' folders that I probably shouldn't... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Messed up by deleting some system 'Windows Spotlight' folders that I probably shouldn't... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Messed up by deleting some system 'Windows Spotlight' folders that I probably shouldn't...

Windows Spotlight

Thank you for providing us more information. In this case, we suggest that you perform the following steps to reset Windows Spotlight:

• Delete the folder Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    • Open the Start menu, and search for PowerShell.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the PowerShell prompt, then press
      Enter
      :
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Messed up by deleting some system 'Windows Spotlight' folders that I probably shouldn't...

1. Messed up by deleting some system 'Windows Spotlight' folders that I probably shouldn't... - Similar Threads - Messed deleting system

2. I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...: I unhid and hid my AppData folder and all the folders in it and that messed up my Windows. Why did that happen?____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Here is what...
  3. I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...: I unhid and hid my AppData folder and all the folders in it and that messed up my Windows. Why did that happen?____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Here is what...
  4. I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my search results are messed up, probably some adware, can I have some advice please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my search results are messed up, probably some adware, can I have some advice please?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tanish__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/keyk55/my_search_results_are_messed_up_probably_some/
  6. please help, I MESSED UP (system folders)

please help, I MESSED UP (system folders): [ATTACH] I tried to move the system folders to my bigger ssd ("Laufwerk E"). I followed the instructions on this side https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/moving-your-personal-data-folders-in-windows-vista-the-easy-way/ so i started with "3d objects" and now it...
  7. I messed up some audio drivers, should I system restore?

I messed up some audio drivers, should I system restore?: I can select the restore point to be a few days ago, but will this solve the issue I’m having with my Realtek audio drivers? submitted by /u/Bodkin2005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikwtss/i_messed_up_some_audio_drivers_should_i_system/
  8. I messed up some msconfig ..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up some msconfig ..: I messed up msconfig to clean boot my laptop. Now i can start win10 but it dont have my account and textfield to enter my password . What should i do ? Pls help me......
  9. WIndows folders messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows folders messed up: My folders seemed to have renamed themselves, joined up and changed icons. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folders-messed-up/91a307d3-95bb-49df-a573-195957efa147"
  10. Think I Messed Up Bad - Deleted A Key in RegEdit I Shouldn't Have.

in Windows 10 Support
    Think I Messed Up Bad - Deleted A Key in RegEdit I Shouldn't Have.: So, I'm not gonna lie, I'm a geek and I just done goofed bad. I was trying to fix an irritating problem - I accidentally set a file to "always open" .dat files and .pak files (I was using a tool to extract certain files from generic data files). I also did it with .exe...