Windows 10: Messed up clean install. Help needed.

Discus and support Messed up clean install. Help needed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Was doing a clean install and deleted the partitions, got the message 'We couldn't create partition or locate...." Went online for trouble shooting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/phonytough, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Messed up clean install. Help needed.

Was doing a clean install and deleted the partitions, got the message 'We couldn't create partition or locate...."

Went online for trouble shooting, which did not work.

Right now, I am getting this " Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media ...."

How much of a trouble am I in?

submitted by /u/phonytough
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/phonytough, Mar 20, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 20, 2020
  3. RAW
    Raw Win User
    Help me clean up this mess

Wires everywhere...looks sloppy.
    How would you clean up this mess?
    I hate the right hand side of this system, I wish the GPUs PCIe plugs were on the cards ends and not the top..
    Suggestions?

Messed up clean install. Help needed. RAW2500KEVGA670s1.jpg

4. Messed up clean install. Help needed.

Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

If I do a clean install of Windows 10, will it mess up the partitions I have on my 2TB drive?

MxPhenom 216, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Messed up clean install. Help needed.

1. Messed up clean install. Help needed. - Similar Threads - Messed clean install

2. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  3. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  4. Need help, account is messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help, account is messed up.: Hi, i cant recieve emails from microsoft on my gmail account, especially the verification ones and im stuck. I tried to change the security info to my phone number but now that ive done that i cant go back and change it, i have to wait 30 days and still cant receieve emails,...
  5. Need help, account is messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help, account is messed up.: Hi, i cant recieve emails from microsoft on my gmail account, especially the verification ones and im stuck. I tried to change the security info to my phone number but now that ive done that i cant go back and change it, i have to wait 30 days and still cant receieve emails,...
  6. Totally messed up pc, need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Totally messed up pc, need help!: Ok, this is my first post here, and I wish it wasn't going to be so long and confusing. Long story trying to make shorter. Originally, I had drive c, a ssd, and drive d, internal HD named mass storage. I also use aoemi tools, such as one key boot partition backup and...
  7. Display messed up (Need Help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display messed up (Need Help): I built a new computer and installed windows 10 pro from scratch. For some reason the display looks like everything is in 1920x1080 but my monitor is 2560 x 1440. Even when I try to play video games the display is by default showing a different one than my actual monitor....
  8. Need Help. Don’t want to mess this up.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Help. Don’t want to mess this up.: I currently have windows 8.1 that came with my computer i have the product key. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 but i recently got a brand new motherboard and cpu for my birthday. Im not sure what order i should preform all the necessary steps. Should i upgrade on my...
  9. I Need Help i messed up and

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Need Help i messed up and: and totally wiped my C dive now I cant get It back can someone please help I was running win 10 pro 64 my computer is an AsRock p67 Exstreme4 gen 3 p.1.10-15a with 4 cores running 16 gb ram Basicly I made the mistake after coping the C drive thinking I was them able to...
  10. How to clean up this mess?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to clean up this mess?: I just completed the Win10 Anniversary Update on my laptop. Doing that is another story - but this is what my boot drive looks like now: [img] This system was originally Win8 (I know, i should change the drive name) which i updated to Win10 when that came out. I never...