Windows 10: Messed Up Cpu Interrupt Cycle Times

Discus and support Messed Up Cpu Interrupt Cycle Times in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Im trying to setup up interrupt affinity policy. I have a i59400f proccessor which has 6 cores so i have been told to set my gpu and usb to 2 and 4 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sam_Murphy-, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Messed Up Cpu Interrupt Cycle Times

Im trying to setup up interrupt affinity policy. I have a i59400f proccessor which has 6 cores so i have been told to set my gpu and usb to 2 and 4 in interrupt affinity policy. My average interrupt to proccess latency is good but my Cpu interrupt cycle times are all messed up. Messed Up Cpu Interrupt Cycle Times f4568982-1234-4749-88b9-eb099cf49b1e?upload=true.png

:)

Sam_Murphy-, Sep 12, 2020

2. System and compressed memory eating CPU cycles

Hi Imakuni,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU usage by System and compressed memory process. We will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform that Ntoskrnl.exe
    is a critical process in the boot-up cycle of your computer.

This issue might have occurred due to malware infection/ outdated drivers/
    Runtime Broker. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run a virus scan on your device and check if it helps.

Refer: Security & privacy
    (
    Run Windows Defender scan)

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Step 2: Turn off the "Show me tips about Windows"

Please do the below steps to do the same.

• Press Start button, click on Settings.
    • In the Settings, select the System>Notifications and actions> turn off the "Show me tips about Windows".
    • Restart the computer.

Step 3: Also, try to install the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Taylor G. Win User
    Excessive System Interrupts CPU Time

Hello,

I've been having a slight problem with high system interrupt CPU usage for a while now. I have a basic idea of what they are and what they are there for (and, by extension, it's not just some background program I can kill). I recall reading somewhere that
    a "healthy" CPU consumption by system interrupts should be somewhere around 0-2%, with maybe occasional spikes around 5%. However, I found (with handy-dandy Task Manager and Resource Monitor) that my system interrupts can end up clocking in anywhere around
    20-40% CPU usage (relatively steady, not just spikes), particularly while playing games.

I used LatencyMon to try and determine which files/drivers might be causing issues, and I've seen 4 come up:

• dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation
    • nvlddnkn.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 442.59 , NVIDIA Corporation
    • HDAudBus.sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation
    • USBPORT.sys - USB 1.2 _2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

I've tried checking all of my drivers, but as far as I can tell all of my drivers are up to date. I reinstalled my graphics driver twice (once via GeForce Experience and once manually). I also tried unplugged all of my USB devices (including my WiFi adapter,
    mouse, and keyboard). No luck with any of these though.

I tried searching for a new chipset driver, but I've been having issues finding one for my system (Dell OptiPlex 755 mini-tower).

Any help addressing and potentially fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (4-core 2.87GHz)

GPU: Gigabyte GT 1030 2GB GDDR5

RAM: 8GB DDR2 (4x2GB)

HDD: WD10EZEX 1TB

PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W

MB: OptiPlex 755 OEM

Taylor G., Sep 12, 2020
  4. Messed Up Cpu Interrupt Cycle Times

System Interrupt High CPU Usage

Hi all,

I am using a Windows 10 Home on an Acer Aspire F5-573G laptop.

A proccess which is called 'System Interrupt' is using about 8-12% of CPU all the time.

I've installed all the Windows updates and all the drivers as well but the problem is still not gone.

Would you have any suggestions of what should I do in this case?

Thank you.

Alex_02.01, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Messed Up Cpu Interrupt Cycle Times

1. Messed Up Cpu Interrupt Cycle Times - Similar Threads - Messed Cpu Interrupt

2. W11 Keeps messing up the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Keeps messing up the time: W11 Keeps messing up the time for some reason.Some days, it works properly, and some days it changes to the wrong time multiple times.Like now. Last synchronization under settings: 3:21PC time shows: 4:12Real current time: 6:00The default "Clock" app that comes with the OS...
  3. W11 Keeps messing up the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 Keeps messing up the time: W11 Keeps messing up the time for some reason.Some days, it works properly, and some days it changes to the wrong time multiple times.Like now. Last synchronization under settings: 3:21PC time shows: 4:12Real current time: 6:00The default "Clock" app that comes with the OS...
  4. SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU

SYSTEM INTERRUPT 100% of CPU: I am in a little predicament with my computer. Here are my computer specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core ProcessorNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER16gb of RAM500 GB SSD Windows installed on SSD1 TB HDDIm unsure if you need any more info on the build, but theres that. I built my...
  5. System Interrupts 100% CPU

System Interrupts 100% CPU: When I use my laptop as casual my fans constantly speed up for no reason like I'm running some heavy programs. When I open the task manager to check the reason I found the "System Interrupts" process using 100% of my CPU and automatically turn off for no reason. It's like...
  6. Computers time completely messed up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computers time completely messed up.: Good afternoon, Since yesterday Ive been having some serious problems with my date and time. At the moment syncing my date and time is taking my computer clock back to 1992, and when I manually change the time back to the current date it seems to all be normal until I load...
  7. System interrupts CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts CPU usage: Hey guys, i’ve recently stumbled across another problem with my laptop. Whenever i attach a monitor, it becomes extremely slow, and when i check my task manager, it says something called “system interrupts” is taking 80 to 100% of my CPU. Anybody know any solution? I’ve tried...
  8. System interrupts 100% cpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System interrupts 100% cpu: when playing fortnite it freezes and fps drops and i check task manager system interrupt was at 100% submitted by /u/l_1nknown [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gimsmy/system_interrupts_100_cpu/
  9. Excessive System Interrupts CPU Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive System Interrupts CPU Time: Hello, I've been having a slight problem with high system interrupt CPU usage for a while now. I have a basic idea of what they are and what they are there for and, by extension, it's not just some background program I can kill. I recall reading somewhere that a "healthy"...
  10. Time zone is all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Time zone is all messed up: I am located in Europe and all I know is that during the Win10 install it does not have the option to select a Time zone. The default time zone is Pacific Time which is -9 hours behind my time zone. So for example, when installing Win10 locally here on a Friday February...