Windows 10: Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I built a new pc with a new hard drive for my new copy of Windows 10 Pro to go with it. Unfortunately I was... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by UlTra4, May 16, 2022.

1. UlTra4 Win User

Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account

I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I built a new pc with a new hard drive for my new copy of Windows 10 Pro to go with it. Unfortunately I was planning to cannibalize my old laptop for parts so I had the old laptop hard drive in my PC during the install and ended up with some crazy hybrid situation where it was technically booting from my old hard drive and asking which windows I wanted to start into. So I pulled the old laptop hard drive out and installed Windows 10 Pro onto the new hard drive without incident. Or so I thought.Now my microsoft account thinks I have a device with my old

:)

UlTra4, May 16, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, May 16, 2022
  3. flemmingk Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, May 16, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, when we sign in to a device using the Microsoft account, the device is already added to the Microsoft account. However, as you have mentioned you are unable to add the device to the Microsoft account after removing it. We would suggest you
    to try converting the account as a local account and then converting it as a Microsoft account. This should add the device to the Microsoft account. Kindly refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. Once the account is converted as a local account, sign in to the account, go to settings and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to convert the account. Once the account is converted as a Microsoft account, the device will be listed in your Microsoft account.

Meanwhile, we would like to know the following details to assist you with the Minecraft issue:

• How are you trying to install Minecraft?
    • Which edition of Minecraft are you trying to install?

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Messed device stuck

2. Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account: I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I built a new pc with a new hard drive for my new copy of Windows 10 Pro to go with it. Unfortunately I was planning to cannibalize my old laptop for parts so I had the old laptop hard drive in my PC during the install and ended up with...
  3. Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up device stuck in my Microsoft Account: I had a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I built a new pc with a new hard drive for my new copy of Windows 10 Pro to go with it. Unfortunately I was planning to cannibalize my old laptop for parts so I had the old laptop hard drive in my PC during the install and ended up with...
  4. In a Mess with Microsoft Accounts!

in Windows 10 Customization
    In a Mess with Microsoft Accounts!: - New computer - Knew I had an account with my company email that I didn't want to use on this unit. - At setup, used my mobile phone number as login because it said my personal email was already in use, NOT my company email - New computer now has my account with phone...
  5. Microsoft Account Mess

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Mess: Problem is best described by listing the sequence of events: 1. I go to link for a free download in Microsoft Store. 2. Click "Get" for the item, and am asked for my Microsoft Live ID and password, which I enter correctly. 3. Store now tells me I need to Setup Windows...
  6. are my user accounts messed up?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    are my user accounts messed up?: I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing, but here goes... I'm running Win10 ver 1909 (build 18363-959) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was logged into my "steve" account - which is an admin account. I saved a picture from Ifranview64 to the Documents folder. Going online...
  7. are my user accounts messed up?

in Windows 10 Support
    are my user accounts messed up?: I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing, but here goes... I'm running Win10 ver 1909 (build 18363-959) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was logged into my "steve" account - which is an admin account. I saved a picture from Ifranview64 to the Documents folder. Going online...
  8. Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.: I continually get cards saying my account needs fixing. When I try to go through the procedure it says it has sent me an email to verify my account. It never arrives. Email is correct. There are so many problems with my MS accounts I can neither sign in from another computer...
  9. Help Microsoft messed up my wifi device.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help Microsoft messed up my wifi device.: Ever since the last 3 updates my wifi device keeps failing and no other device in my home have that problem. I'm 100% sure it was the update causing problems. I have a Qualcomm atheros AR9002wb-1ng adapter with the latest drivers. Every time I try a fix, connection drops...
  10. My playback devices is messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My playback devices is messed up: When I try to plug anything into the Audio Jack, nothing changes in Playback Devices, I've tried a lot of different things, I've updated Audio Drivers, I've enabled Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices, and checked to see if Windows 10 needs an update, which it...