Windows 10: Messed up display

Discus and support Messed up display in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi my screen is all messed up and I can't use my laptop now even with an external monitor and I don't know what the prob is. Before it got messed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrVladistok, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Messed up display

Hi my screen is all messed up and I can't use my laptop now even with an external monitor and I don't know what the prob is. Before it got messed up the laptop would freeze randomly and I have to restart it every time. I am wondering how I would boot into safe mode with a garbaged display since I looked it up and it recommends to boot it into safe mode??

:)

MrVladistok, Apr 18, 2022

2. Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 18, 2022
  4. alone Win User

Messed up display

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Messed up display [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Messed up display [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Messed up display

1. Messed up display - Similar Threads - Messed display

2. Why is my Display Messing up after Reinstalling Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Display Messing up after Reinstalling Windows 11: Context: Computer wasn't updating at all and after exhausting all possible solutions I felt that I had not choice but to reinstall windows. I also had to re-seat the GPU because my computer wasn't recognizing it but the issue related to updating was fixed.The problem: Every...
  3. Why is my Display Messing up after Reinstalling Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Display Messing up after Reinstalling Windows 11: Context: Computer wasn't updating at all and after exhausting all possible solutions I felt that I had not choice but to reinstall windows. I also had to re-seat the GPU because my computer wasn't recognizing it but the issue related to updating was fixed.The problem: Every...
  4. I messed up with my display settings and now in my laptop I am not able to rest it back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up with my display settings and now in my laptop I am not able to rest it back...: I messed up with my display settings. I choose a large display resolution and by now it doesn't display well, I can't go to settings option because there's large appearance of aap on my screen...
  5. I messed up with my display settings and now in my laptop I am not able to rest it back...

I messed up with my display settings and now in my laptop I am not able to rest it back...: I messed up with my display settings. I choose a large display resolution and by now it doesn't display well, I can't go to settings option because there's large appearance of aap on my screen...
  6. I messed up with my display settings and now in my laptop I am not able to rest it back...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Enabling HDR has messed up my displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling HDR has messed up my displays: I use a an alienware ultrawide not HDR capable as my main monitor. I connected an LG OLED as the 2nd display and all was working ok, but then with the LG set as my main display I toggled on HDR, this caused my display to flash and both to stop displaying an image.I...
  8. Enabling HDR has messed up my displays

Enabling HDR has messed up my displays: I use a an alienware ultrawide not HDR capable as my main monitor. I connected an LG OLED as the 2nd display and all was working ok, but then with the LG set as my main display I toggled on HDR, this caused my display to flash and both to stop displaying an image.I...
  9. custom scaling messed up my display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    custom scaling messed up my display: I have some eyesight problems, and therefore I changed the custom scaling in win11 although not recommended and now my icons are very far apart and very small. How do I reset this?I tried to get back to original custom scaling and text size but it just gets worse !...
  10. custom scaling messed up my display

custom scaling messed up my display: I have some eyesight problems, and therefore I changed the custom scaling in win11 although not recommended and now my icons are very far apart and very small. How do I reset this?I tried to get back to original custom scaling and text size but it just gets worse !...