Windows 10: Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything

Discus and support Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello and I need help. I wanted to block an application on a user on my computer. But in the procress, I have messed up the operation and now nobody... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JesseStonnecypher, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything

Hello and I need help. I wanted to block an application on a user on my computer. But in the procress, I have messed up the operation and now nobody can access anything. I can’t even get to the Group Policy editor anymore. Does anyone have any answers! Big note I am the admin and not even I can can open anything.

:)

JesseStonnecypher, Aug 7, 2020

2. Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Thanks again for the reply.

I followed your suggested steps, but even though the user shows as being added and active it does not appear on the sign in page as an alternative account.

Maybe I am giving the command in the wrong directory. When I boot into the recovery environment the directory in command prompt is: x:\windows\system32

I ran the command from here. But the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

I also used the diskpart and list volume command to check on which partition windows is installed. I changed directory to c:\> and again followed your steps. But again the new added user did not appear on the sign in page.

Can you please give me more instructions on how to remedy my foolish Group Policy restriction?

OROB_KEIMOES, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Good day, I need urgent help!

I made a big error and feel like a fool.

I set the Group Policy to only access excel.exe, outlook.exe and firefox.exe thinking that it will not affect my Administrator account. But it did and now I cannot access Command Prompt , Registry Editor, Recovery or Notepad as I get a message .

“This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer”

Can anyone help to find a solution for this Group Policy setting?

4. Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything

Unlocking Restricted Access Due To Group Policy Setting

Update:

In the recovery environment I tried to reset my PC to a system recovery point that was automatically created on 27/04/2018. But I received an error that the recovery was unsuccessful and could not completed.

Do you or anyone else have any further steps I can try to remove the Group Policy restrictions?

Thema:

Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything

1. Messed up Group Policy Restrictions and cannot access anything - Similar Threads - Messed Group Policy

2. Device Manager and Group policy editor restricted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Manager and Group policy editor restricted: As I said in the title, I can't open Device Manager and Group policy editor. I am just shown an error message telling me these apps have been restricted by a system administrator. But this is happening on my private Computer where I am the only administrator and I did not put...
  3. Device Manager and Group policy editor restricted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Manager and Group policy editor restricted: As I said in the title, I can't open Device Manager and Group policy editor. I am just shown an error message telling me these apps have been restricted by a system administrator. But this is happening on my private Computer where I am the only administrator and I did not put...
  4. IT policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IT policies may be restricting access to this folder: I am trying to install Discord but whenever I download DiscordSetup It says "IT policies may be restricting access to this folder". I have tried turning off the User Control settings in both Pontrol Panel and Registry and it still says the same thing.I hope you can help me...
  5. Cannot Clear Group Policies???

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Clear Group Policies???: I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have tried to clear the attached group policies from my Windows 10 Pro Ver. 20H2 as they are causing Windows Update to not update properly. I have tried both the gpedit.msc way (sorted by status) and also the command prompt method...
  6. KB5003173 update crashed audio and messed up group policies

KB5003173 update crashed audio and messed up group policies: Windows Update tried to install KB5003173 update and failed. Windows got into automatic repair and restarted again. I did sfc /scannow and update is installed. But it killed audio and messed up group policies. I can rearrange group policies but I couldn't fix audio. I tried...
  7. Restricting apps through Group Policy

Restricting apps through Group Policy: Hi, it appears that I have essentially brickedmy PC.I was trying to restrict one local user'sapplication privileges to only run a few specific applications. was running through this...
  8. It policies may be restricting access to this folder

It policies may be restricting access to this folder: Hi! Can any tell me how can I solve this issue when I try to install MS team my laptop showing the error "it policies may be restricting access to this folder" If anyone knows how to solve it please share it as soon as possible...
  9. IT policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    IT policies may be restricting access to this folder: was attempting to download and install "Discord' and when I clicked on the exe it gave me this nbotification. I am confussed as many other programs install fine.. I am the only admin and only user of this PC and not understanding why I am getting this notification....
  10. accessing group policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accessing group policy: want to turn on windows defender. a message says it is turned off in group policy. how do i access group policy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/accessing-group-policy/857da2c3-3460-4076-9433-31950a3fdaf0