Windows 10: Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry

Discus and support Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday, i made a foolish mistake of messing with my registry. Now i usually know my way around the registry, but that's not the problem. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BuffMeUp, May 20, 2016.

1. BuffMeUp Win User

Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry

Yesterday, i made a foolish mistake of messing with my registry. Now i usually know my way around the registry, but that's not the problem. The problem is that i messed up the hexadecimal value of the mouse setting, specifically the 'Smoothmousexcurve' and 'smoothmouseycurve'. I only tinkered with the hexadecimal value and now my mouse is crazy fast and well... These are the new and current values i have which aren't really working well:

SmoothMouseXCurve:
    00,a0,00,00,00,00,00,00

SmoothMouseYCurve:
    66,a6,02,00,00,00,00,00
    cd,4c,05,00,00,00,00,00
    a0,99,0a,00,00,00,00,00

If anyone could tell me the default hexadecimal value of these two registry entries then i would be very grateful. Oh, and i just signed up on this site, so forgive me if it's not in the right category although i believe it maybe.

The entries can be found by going to: HKEY_Current_User>Control Panel>Mouse

EDIT: I just rechecked and the hexadecimal values i entered were off by one digit. Well, goddamn, my mouse is working like a charm again.

:)

BuffMeUp, May 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 login screen missing power button icon

Hi

I had the same issue and came across your original post and follow up question when searching for an answer. I'm in much the same boat as you having never really messed around with registry before, but decided to risk it and see what would happen if I just
    added the missing shutdownwithoutlogon value. It worked!

• So navigate to the same key in the registry; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    • >right click>New>DWORD (32-bit) Value
    • Call it 'shutdownwithoutlogon' and with base set to hexadecimal set the value to 1.
    • Restart and hopefully all will be good.
    Maybe you already worked this out too but hope this helps somebody.

DavidBaker85, May 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 keeps adding extra keyboard layout?

Hello, I did found a solution though it's not easy and it's risky. For me, there was an invalid keyword inside the Windows registry. Maybe it appeared with a bug in an older version of Windows? I did try many insider builds.

You have to search inside the windows registry for every value of the invalid keyboard hexadecimal value you want to remove. I replaced those values with the hexadecimal valie of the keyboard I whished.

For exemple, my keyboard was 0x109. If you want, I could provide more information tomorrow.

wizmagister, May 20, 2016
  4. Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry

Solved by Thread Starter - replying to move off unanswered queue

Slartybart, May 24, 2016
Thema:

Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry

1. Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry - Similar Threads - Messed hexadecimal value

2. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  3. Undoing registry values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing registry values: I don't know what I've changed ik i should have created a restore point first so I'm wondering if I can just skip the restore step and go to the sfc /scannow part which I've seen listed as plan b. Basically wondering if I can just skip to step 2 as step 1 cannot be done ever....
  4. Undoing registry values

Undoing registry values: I don't know what I've changed ik i should have created a restore point first so I'm wondering if I can just skip the restore step and go to the sfc /scannow part which I've seen listed as plan b. Basically wondering if I can just skip to step 2 as step 1 cannot be done ever....
  5. Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value for registry: A few months ago, I noticed that, out of nowhere, some preinstalled apps refused to open. The ones I can list off the top of my head are- notepad- calculator- photos- the media player for audio- the microsoft store- the snipping toolWhen I try to open a file using an app like...
  6. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    invalid value for registry: I can't open videos or photos, I've check solutions to this problem but none worked. [ATTACH] one of the websites that I've checked said that I should have Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe. registry but when I checked it in registry editor I didn't see any....
  7. How to convert big integer value to hexadecimal value via powershell Windows 10

How to convert big integer value to hexadecimal value via powershell Windows 10: Hi, I need to convert big integer value eg. 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890 to hexadecimal value via powershell Windows 10. How to do this? Please share the command. Thank you in advance. Br, Say...
  8. registry return value

in Windows 10 Customization
    registry return value: hello Champs, I use one app to return a value in the browser in the following form: the registry entry is now: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1 the result in the IE browser is: http://SR:123456789/ is it possible to change the registry entry so that it...
  9. Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry: Whenever I try to open any mp4 file on my Dell Precision 7510, it gives me an error saying Invalid value for registry. However, when I try to open said files with VLC media player instead of Movies & TV, it runs just fine. Bear in mind that the laptop I am using is issued by...
  10. Invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...