Windows 10: Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD

Discus and support Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, while installing Stardock Fences I broke off the installation half way through, and now have lost approx 23GB of my SSD. I figured it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chigwells, May 5, 2021.

1. Chigwells Win User

Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD

Hi Everyone, while installing Stardock Fences I broke off the installation half way through, and now have lost approx 23GB of my SSD. I figured it is more of a general Win10 problem rather than specifically a Fences issue, that's why I'm posting here rather than on the Stardock forum. Previously I had around 50-55GB free on my SSD, and as soon as I checked after the bungled installation, I'm down to 29GB. After running SpaceSniffer to try to work out what is wrong, it shows 23GB as 'Unknown'. In an attempt to sort it out, I ran sfc /scannow and DSIM/Restore Health, but while they came back healthy, the mystery remains. Also scanned the drive for errors and optimised it, no change. Also attached an XYplorer screenshot, hope this helps. What should I do? Many thanks, .

:)

Chigwells, May 5, 2021

2. A new win install on a HDD messed up my win install on my m.2 SSD

Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do think that is my problem, but I couldn't find a way to remedy it. Sorry for the screenshot being in Hungarian, if you need I can translate it. And don't mind the 500 MB partition, I tried to do a fix from a similar thread which suggested creating it, but later steps didn't prove successful.

giorgioblues, May 5, 2021
  3. Teccmo Win User
    Need to migrate Windows 10 installation to new SSD , it's a mess.

MiniTool Disk Partition Screenshot

RYZEN5-PC (2018-07-15 15 41).zip

I did the Diskpart step that SWI2 explained in post #14 and rebooted, but I still see drive D having the system label.

Teccmo, May 5, 2021
  4. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Messed up installing Fences software, now have lost 23GB of SSD - Similar Threads - Messed installing Fences

2. Messed up windows boot drive during ssd cloning and now only blank screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed up windows boot drive during ssd cloning and now only blank screen: Hi guys, I'm really hoping someone can help me here because I'm at a loss now. I use a windows/ubuntu dual boot system and I recently bought an m2 ssd to upgrade from my hdd. I cloned the hdd onto my ssd using this method...
  3. Microphone is messed up now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone is messed up now: I was trying to fix my mic to play phasmophobia with a friend and in the process I set all my settings to default and now I am very quiet to my friends on discord and my audio sounds extremely weird and I can now hear background noises where I couldn't before. Can someone...
  4. Backup saved bad driver install and now my OS is messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backup saved bad driver install and now my OS is messed up: I have a problem with a driver not allowing my keyboard or mouse to work at login. I made a backup of it without knowing it was going to screw up my computer. I am now reinstalling Windows 10 hoping I can restore from the backup, but the driver is installed on there. I...
  5. I messed up my laptop registry and now i am not able to install a new software or able to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up my laptop registry and now i am not able to install a new software or able to...: Help,its urgent!! submitted by /u/aswinsankar666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gom5fb/i_messed_up_my_laptop_registry_and_now_i_am_not/
  6. Byte Fence

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Byte Fence: I didn't install this App who did ? is it free?do I need it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/byte-fence/037d9fa2-025b-4c8e-ae98-753a570f137a
  7. Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ooops...I think I have messed up my ssd.: OK, totally my bad on this one. In a dozy state....[note to self - don't mess with computers before the first coffee] I plugged an SSD into the motherboard SATA power and data cable while the computer was on. Now it is being weird, I have reformatted the drive and tried a...
  8. Update Messed Up Settings & Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Messed Up Settings & Software: My computer updated to build 17763 this morning. Upon restart, numerous settings were changed and all software now acts as if it has just been installed, resetting all settings in apps and even losing data! I am extremely miffed! Allowing a stable build update should NOT...
  9. Installation Config. Messed up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Config. Messed up.: Coming up to four times, first time update installed from win 8.1 Pro 64 to Win ten V15 everything went good - opened a wrong email possible virus saw wrong so tried (may be the start of the prob. just do not know) 2nd reinstall to beat the vir/Malwarre from there been having...
  10. FONTS, messed up tabs in some software

in Windows 10 Support
    FONTS, messed up tabs in some software: Hello, after upgrade to win10 I started a Video Editor (Studio) and noticed that a Title I made on win8.1, was not showing the right Font; I checked and during the upgrade it deleted some of my installed fonts I had in 8.1. I copied all the fonts I had on 8.1 on a folder,...