Windows 10: Messed-up laptop setup

Discus and support Messed-up laptop setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a major problem setting up my grandson's brand-new Lenovo laptop. I was going through the initial configuration, until he told me,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ken Goldstein, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Messed-up laptop setup

I have a major problem setting up my grandson's brand-new Lenovo laptop. I was going through the initial configuration, until he told me, long-distance, that he didn't remember his Microsoft password. So, I e-mailed his phone with the link to recover it, cleared the screen, turned the computer off, & waited for him to get back to me.

It took him a few tries to answer Microsoft's security questions, so it was almost a week before he called me with his password. When I turned on the laptop, I was surprised to see that it had mirrored everything that he had done, ending up with a screen that allowed me to do...absolutely nothing! So, I have his login ID & his recovered password, but there doesn't seem to be any way to back out of that setup screen, or even to reboot the computer!

I held down the power switch for six seconds, then for nearly a minute, but the laptop stayed on. So, I unplugged it, & waited until the battery finally ran down, but, as soon as I plugged it back in, there was the same screen, & I'm stymied.

Any idea how I can get back to Ground Zero, so I can send my grandson his laptop for school?

:)

Ken Goldstein, Sep 18, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Messed-up laptop setup

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Messed-up laptop setup

1. Messed-up laptop setup - Similar Threads - Messed laptop setup

2. Laptop Keyboard Drivers messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Drivers messed up: Okay so after recent update the drivers for the keyboard of my latop got messed up. I tried system restore, deletinf the updates, reseting windows as a whole etc. Anyhow, long story short, i identified the problem but i don't know how to fix it.Windows' default go to for my...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Drivers messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Drivers messed up: Okay so after recent update the drivers for the keyboard of my latop got messed up. I tried system restore, deletinf the updates, reseting windows as a whole etc. Anyhow, long story short, i identified the problem but i don't know how to fix it.Windows' default go to for my...
  4. Laptop Keyboard Drivers messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. microsoft edge messed laptop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge messed laptop up: when i use microsoft edge, the top of the window will flicker green. then if i use it for a while more, the entire laptop screen flickers and the fan goes very fast...
  6. microsoft edge messed laptop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge messed laptop up: when i use microsoft edge, the top of the window will flicker green. then if i use it for a while more, the entire laptop screen flickers and the fan goes very fast...
  7. My laptop keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keyboard is messed up: My laptop keyboard is messed up and I don't know what to do. When I press /a/ it would type /43ex/ and when I press any other key it would type some 3 digits words and numbers like /5gt/ or something like that....
  8. AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AIsuite messed up, internet messed up,: I screwed something up big time when I went into BIOS...the shorter version: AIsuite3.exe gives me multiple termination windows, Chrome keeps telling me my connection is not secure, as well as a few other hiccups (Steam wont let me in). I tried resetting CMOS,I had the local...
  9. Windows Update - messed up laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - messed up laptop: The latest update has totally destroyed my laptop. I have had 2 messages one about Sihost.Exe. The Main one is c://windows/system32/config/systemprofile/Desktop tells me that desktop is missing. I can get into task manager and all my files and Desktop are there - but the...
  10. Update to build 9860 messes up dual-boot setup

in Windows 10 News
    Update to build 9860 messes up dual-boot setup: Perhaps this was already discussed in other threads, but I decided to post that as a general warning: if you are using Win10 in a dual boot configuration on a separate drive, make sure you physically unplug all other hard drives before updating to a new build. Failure to do...