Windows 10: Messed Up Main Folders

Discus and support Messed Up Main Folders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sonbun_142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvll1j/messed_up_main_folders/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sonbun_142, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Messed Up Main Folders

/u/Sonbun_142, Nov 16, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 16, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Messed Up Main Folders

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Messed Up Main Folders

1. Messed Up Main Folders - Similar Threads - Messed Main Folders

2. When Alt-Tab on my main monitor it messes up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Alt-Tab on my main monitor it messes up?: When I Alt-Tab on my main 1440p 32in monitor my 2 side 1080p 27in monitors get their applications dragged to the middle and then the game tab backs into itself. Also when trying too Alt-Tab on games it won't let me get out of a black screen unless I restart my computer. This...
  3. When Alt-Tab on my main monitor it messes up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Alt-Tab on my main monitor it messes up?: When I Alt-Tab on my main 1440p 32in monitor my 2 side 1080p 27in monitors get their applications dragged to the middle and then the game tab backs into itself. Also when trying too Alt-Tab on games it won't let me get out of a black screen unless I restart my computer. This...
  4. I messed up my Users folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed up my Users folder.: The normal users folders or admin folders which consist of Pictures, Documents, Videos, Music, Etc. I change their location and messed up i dont know to reset it and bring it back to normal. Is there any solutions? Please help...
  5. Image icons in folders messed up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Image icons in folders messed up: Hi, I've been having this problem lately. It doesn't always happen but is getting more frequent. Rebooting fixes it temporarily. I have Win version 20H2. How do I fix this? I have this and most folders set to "Large Icons" in the "View" setting. When it isn't working right,...
  6. User Shell Folders messed up in registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Shell Folders messed up in registry: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/hivdb8cde0l51.png?width=1240&format=png&auto=webp&s=c503dc2939d44c6ebaabdd34b852f5de2022673e Originally I moved my user folders to my D: drive, to clear some space on my C: drive. Yesterday I had to reinstall Windos to fiz a problem. I...
  7. WIndows folders messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows folders messed up: My folders seemed to have renamed themselves, joined up and changed icons. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folders-messed-up/91a307d3-95bb-49df-a573-195957efa147"
  8. Download Folder View is mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Folder View is mess up: I want my download folder view default. How to change it? Now it looks like this. [img] 134766
  9. Main monitor gets messed up when streaming.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Main monitor gets messed up when streaming.: So when I installed windows 10 originally on launch day I found no problems until I was hit with BSOD_VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE a week or so later when trying to watch a stream. Rebooted, continued using the OS with no issues aside from a sporadic TDR FAILURE, until about the end...
  10. Messed up downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up downloads folder: Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going...