Windows 10: Messed up my C drive permissions. PLEASE HELP.

Discus and support Messed up my C drive permissions. PLEASE HELP. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I messed up with my C drive permissions of my PC in unimaginable ways. In the properties->security there were 4 users being shown. I removed two of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cyanogen1912, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Messed up my C drive permissions. PLEASE HELP.

I messed up with my C drive permissions of my PC in unimaginable ways. In the properties->security there were 4 users being shown. I removed two of them (Authenticated Users and Users) and added them back later. Checked the full control option for all of them. Changed the owner to Administrator. Also after i clicked apply there were a lot of pop up errors saying permission cannot be changed to such and such files or folders.

Now i cannot do any modifications inside the c drive, i.e, cannot create new files or paste files inside the c drive. It shows the error: 0x80070522 A required privilege is not held by the client. Although I can do all of these inside any of the folders and sub-folders inside my c drive.

I know i messed up big time and i really need help.

Thank you in advance for any help.

submitted by /u/cyanogen1912
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cyanogen1912, Jul 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Jul 31, 2020
  3. ornerypoo Win User
    C drive is messed up?

I think I screwed up my C drive. I somehow deleted it, then copied it from a jump drive. It did say C/windows. Then I renamed it C:/drive. When I click on C drive (I'm using the dark theme) all programs listed on main page (in center) are grayed out(can't
    hardly read them). When I click on prog files, same thing, also with prog files(86). I noticed when I right click on C drive, before I click on properties it shows format on the context menu. Is this right? I hope you can help me?

Thanks,

ornerypoo, Jul 31, 2020
  4. xzt1991 Win User

Messed up my C drive permissions. PLEASE HELP.

VBIOS Messed up my VTX3D 6750 1gb DDR5, Please help! Messed up my C drive permissions. PLEASE HELP. :(

VBIOS Messed up my VTX3D 6750 1gb DDR5, Please help! *Frown Messed up my C drive permissions. PLEASE HELP. :(
    I figured out how to reflash my card, but I will need an original vbios for it since I do not have one ( I forgot to make a copy of it ) And the other 6750 bioses are not working for me.
    If somebody has this card please send me the rom ( converted from GPUZ software : TechPowerUp )
    Any other suggestion to reflash my card is welcome. Please help me I really want to unbrick my card( I do not have a warranty, neither got money for a new one )
    My e-mail is: L: xzt1991@live.com

xzt1991, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Messed up my C drive permissions. PLEASE HELP.

1. Messed up my C drive permissions. PLEASE HELP. - Similar Threads - Messed drive permissions

2. Help please!! I messed up Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help please!! I messed up Windows: Hi! I was trying to follow a guide I found online as I was trying to extract some files from a zipped folder and I was getting an error. The guide said this: but it didn’t work. And it said that if it didn’t work, I should try unselecting “load system services” too, so I did...
  3. Please help with C-Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help with C-Drive: Hi, I was opening ZIPFILE on D disk, even tho I have hundreds of GB free on D disk, it told me NOT ENOUGH space and once I canceled opening the file, C disk became full... I have tried Disk Clean Up, but how do I clean C disk? How do I delete files I can't see... opening zip...
  4. I messed up. Please help!

I messed up. Please help!: I had one user account on my Windows 10 and i wanted to change the User folder name. So following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I , Created a temporary user account with administrative privileges and signed into it. Went to the registry editor and changed the...
  5. Please help, everything is messed up

Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  6. Boot Drive messed up? please help!

Boot Drive messed up? please help!: So, I was doing the Guru3D Display Driver Uninstaller, and I did all that, and it restarted and then it says “A disk read error occurred, press ctrl alt del to restart” and i don’t know what to do!!!! submitted by /u/FalconzBeast [link] [comments]...
  7. Please Help Display Is Messed Up

Please Help Display Is Messed Up: I have a very old monitor that I use as my second and recently I broke the adapter for it so I bought a new one, now its messed up. The monitor itself is 1600x1200 but that isnt an option in the resolution settings anymore. I tried every single resolution setting that was...
  8. C: drive messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C: drive messed up: When I upgraded to Win 10, somehow that screwed-up my C: drive. I'm using an HP desktop, specs: [ATTACH] As you can see, I have a 1TB hd. However, only 19.77GB are free. The remainder is on the K:. K: is the name I gave to that specific unallocated partition so I could...
  9. C drive is messed up?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive is messed up?: I think I screwed up my C drive. I somehow deleted it, then copied it from a jump drive. It did say C/windows. Then I renamed it C:/drive. When I click on C drive I'm using the dark theme all programs listed on main page in center are grayed outcan't hardly read them. When...
  10. Messed up Bios settings. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Messed up Bios settings. Please help: I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical drive being recognize and the fans turn on. Fans intermittently speed up and slow down. Samsung NP365E5C-S05US with Windows...