Windows 10: Messed up nvidia control panel after connecting external drive.

Discus and support Messed up nvidia control panel after connecting external drive. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Got a new computer, wanted to transfer some files from my old system so i put my old hdd that had Windows 10 on it into an enclosure and hooked it up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/u2020bullet, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Messed up nvidia control panel after connecting external drive.

Got a new computer, wanted to transfer some files from my old system so i put my old hdd that had Windows 10 on it into an enclosure and hooked it up to my new computer.

Naturally i got access denied when i tried to access some of the stuff from it since some of it was in user folders. Next i took ownership of those folders which allowed me to copy the needed files onto my new hdd. Ever since then, i haven't been able to access Nvidia Control Panel from the desktop as it throws up "parameter is incorrect" every time.

I'm able to access all the other windows store apps with no issues but this one throws up an error. I can run it just fine directly from the folder, but not from the desktop context menu.

First it started saying i don't have permission to access the program, then when i reset permissions for the windowsapps folder it started popping up with the invalid parameter error.

Has anyone had this before?

Is there anything that can be done without completely reinstalling my system (which is not something i really wanna do as i finally have things the way i like them)?

submitted by /u/u2020bullet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/u2020bullet, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Faith Win User

Nvidia Control Panel Missing

Do you have the DCH driver installed? You need to grab the controlpanel from the Microsoft Store if you do. If you don't then just DDU your driver in safe mode, plug out the ethernet/wireless connection and install the standard Nvidia driver manually. This will fix it. I can write or link you a step-by guide if you are unfamiliar with it.

DCH Version/Nvidia Control panel: Buy NVIDIA Control Panel - Microsoft Store

Faith, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Nvidia Control Panel Missing

It says "NVIDIA Control Panel is currently not available." what should I do next?

obaidrasheed18, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Suman_B Win User

Messed up nvidia control panel after connecting external drive.

Windows 10 version 1903 Nvidia Control Panel issues.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that nvidia Control Panel is not accepting desktop color settings correctly, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some
    information.

1. What is the Make and the Model of the computer?
    2. May I know the Model of the nvidia Graphic card?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Change the output dynamic range to full.

1. Open nvidia control panel.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. Select Change resolution.
    4. Output dynamic range
    5. Set this value to Full.

Method 2: Update nvidia Graphic driver.

Suggest you to update the nvidia Graphic driver from the

nvidia website
    and check if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Messed up nvidia control panel after connecting external drive.

1. Messed up nvidia control panel after connecting external drive. - Similar Threads - Messed nvidia control

2. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  3. Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia control panel: So in the nvidia control panel in the manage display mode I changed it to nvidia gpu only but i want to change to auto select and now it won't let me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-control-panel/e41b6bb4-942a-403b-96a5-b05da0cd1afc
  4. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  5. nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia control panel: Nvidia doesn't show the display section on control panel. I'm on a laptop and I'm trying to use nvidia control panel to change my resolution.I'm using a laptop with two gpus: a geforce rtx 3060 and amd radeon graphics....
  6. Dark Mode messed up Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Mode messed up Control Panel: I recently was looking through my installed programs list on Control Panel. However, I noticed something off. You can check the screenshot I have provided below and do keep in mind I have dark mode on. Is this normal? Is it happening to anyone else too? [ATTACH]...
  7. No nVidia Control panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No nVidia Control panel: Just bought a 1650 Super. Tried to install drivers. Complains not compatible with my version of Windows (1809, 17763.1), Only the DCH drive will install (after booting to safe mode and using DDU to first uninstall the driver that wouldn't install anyway). Problem with DCH is...
  8. NVIDIA Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA Control Panel: Hi, I can't access to NVIDA Control Panel in my laptop. When I double click to NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Control Home Panel. I get this message ( You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDA GPU ) Please advice how to activate. Thanks....
  9. Nvidia Control Panel and Gamma Control

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Control Panel and Gamma Control: Hello: I'm considering purchasing a new pc. An important consideration in my choice is my control over fine tuning of display parameters: Brightness /Conrast /Gamma/ Color Saturation So I'm looking for PC with dedicated (rather than integrated) graphics card, which might...
  10. no nvidia control panel after clean install?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no nvidia control panel after clean install?: I have geforce experience installed, drivers are up to date, but there is no sign on nvidia control panel to enable sli. Usually theres an icon on the taskbar, or when I right click on the desktop. 9333